bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 3, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Welcome to Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper forum

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 3, 09 12:21 AM
hello all, i played this game on another site the other day, a lot of the items were almost impossible to see..i remember trying to find rats in one scene...impossible!!..i am d/l the trial now, will see how i do this time

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Dec 3, 09 1:23 AM
Have 10 minutes left of the demo and got through the 1st 2 murders. Must be a short game. Grafics are good and found all the items. Most of the mini games are really simple although I did skip one because I just didn't have patience right now. Will really have to think about purchasing game. Will wait for more reviews.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Dec 3, 09 1:33 AM
This is a standard HOG. I've seen better and I've seen worse. I'm enjoying IHogs so much nowadays that these games now get me bored fairly quickly.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Dec 3, 09 3:17 AM
BORING! Whats with all the "sparkling" Dust and "Ghost" looking shadows?

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Dec 3, 09 4:35 AM
this is my 3rd demo of Ripper. I had hoped that I could have continued where I left off in the other 2 to get a better idea of game length, but in the trial, I had to start from the beginning. This game should appeal to Ripper fans as the storyline is decent. As a HOG, most of the items are easy to find. There are 5 fingerprints in each scene. Those playing in timed mode gain extra time if all 5 are located. It's hard to often find all 5. Random clicking in timed mode loses 10 seconds per erroneous click but there is enough time given that mistakes do not pose a problem. I am guessing that the game length is pushing 3 hours to complete if not a bit more.
The graphics are decent and I am pleased that the objects are relative to the era of the game ( 1880's ) so no airplanes and cellphones here. Some objects use British terminology such as a scuttle. I doubt I will buy this game unless it ever becomes a DD. Poppa's grade is a solid B. ( I must grade a game an A for me to buy ). All in all it is a fun HOG.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 4, 09 8:04 AM
Gave up. Found it tedious in the extreme. Found mystery in London did this much better.

[Post New]by HOGWizard on Dec 6, 09 9:31 AM
Couldn't disagree more. I found the story real close to what I've read about this famous serial killer. The scenes and objects are dead accurate for the year 1888. Most important of all the game kept me hooked to the end and has been well worth my money. (and there are several different endings, so lots of playability)

Daxxx333
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Daxxx333 on Dec 11, 09 2:31 AM
anyone have the game freeze right from the get go ? But now that I read some comments from the forum ....don't think I am missing much so thanks for sparing me the trouble ....I'm not bothering with this game although it is a shame since it showed a lot of promise ....ah well ... not complaining though as I have come across a great share of games that have been great so ............ I'm sure the game developers will get better with a bit of critisism ? and move on to develop even more great games ....never despair so they say LOL

[Post New]by kat974 on Jan 4, 10 4:46 PM
i seem to be just going back and forth between 3 scenes. Nichols, Chapman and Stride. How do I get further?

[Post New]by brobey on Jan 19, 10 7:17 PM
The game does not save when I guit and try and play another time. This is annoying.
anybody else have this problem?

[Post New]by glindagoodwitch on Mar 3, 10 11:39 PM
Has anyone found the "seal fragment" in the Berner's Street Grocer's Stall scene???? Aaaaah! I'm stuck!

Freezing

[Post New]by retromoose62 on Jul 5, 10 9:07 PM
The game freezes, and I keep getting "exception errors". This is happening with a few other games from Big Fish. Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

Kathleen

[Post New]by BatOnFire on May 26, 11 3:06 PM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 3:10:24 PM PST

poppi
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Welcome to Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper forum

[Post New]by poppi on Aug 14, 11 8:24 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

poppi
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by poppi on Aug 14, 11 8:27 AM
Alot of your games causes problems , shutting down my computer . Also there is a problem in trying to remove free games from the game file

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 14, 11 3:13 PM
Hi poppi,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to give the steps in the following help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your games still aren't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page, and one of our reps will be happy to assist you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Freddy71 on Jul 22, 13 4:19 PM
How do I get extra Hints?

[Post New]by nycdweller on Nov 25, 13 3:10 AM
Since the new Ipad update, I am unable to replay my Jack the Ripper game because it will not let me change or add a player. The keyboard on the iPad does not pop up.

Go to: