peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

bending the pen

[Post New]by peh4psu on Dec 3, 09 8:06 AM
This game is harder that I expected it to be. I've played many large file games, but this seems to be the hardest for some reason. Using the walkthrough, but.... How the H....do you pend the pen on the grate/step at the trailor?

Sorry...figured it out...still a hard game! Getting frustrating!

Edited on 12/03/2009 at 8:24:16 AM PST

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:bending the pen

[Post New]by marypenn on Dec 15, 09 5:37 AM
Okay. I think I have put that pen everywhere. I have yet to see the words "pen and grid" or anything like that. What could I be doing wrong??? Thanks.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 15, 09 5:55 PM
marypenn wrote:Okay. I think I have put that pen everywhere. I have yet to see the words "pen and grid" or anything like that. What could I be doing wrong??? Thanks.

Which chapter are you in?

There are two places to bend the pen. The first is back in Uncle's Study. If you try to open the secret compartment with the pen, it will bend there. Then you don't need to bend it again later.

The second is in front of the trailer near the archaeological dig. There is a grid (it's a grate that you use as a step as you climb into the trailer) just berlow the door, and you can bend it on that.

But if you already bent it back in the study, I don't think it will bend again.

Good luck!
Robin

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Dec 16, 09 5:22 AM
Thanks, Robin. The pen is still straight. I knew about the grid at the trailer but I can't get it to work. I never saw words like grid and pen cartridge but I still tried. Will I have to go back to the uncle's, if that is possible, to bend it. Thanks.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 16, 09 6:30 PM
marypenn wrote:Thanks, Robin. The pen is still straight. I knew about the grid at the trailer but I can't get it to work. I never saw words like grid and pen cartridge but I still tried. Will I have to go back to the uncle's, if that is possible, to bend it. Thanks.

Did you get a chance to check the Blog Walkthrough? There is a screenshot for that chapter (the one with the trailer) that shows the exact place where you have to put the pen to bend it. It also shows you which words will appear at the top of the screen.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, just click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Dec 17, 09 5:11 AM
Thanks, Robin. I had gone through the walk through with no success. I am now downloading and trying again. I hope to remember to bend the pen early in the game. If that doesn't work, I'll contact customer service.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 26, 09 11:09 AM
I think I know what the problem is. The grid (step) isn't always available. The archaeologist has to be asleep in the trailer before you can use it to bend the pen.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 26, 09 9:58 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:I think I know what the problem is. The grid (step) isn't always available. The archaeologist has to be asleep in the trailer before you can use it to bend the pen.

Thank you--that is very helpful!

Robin

nyknight55
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nyknight55 on Jan 4, 10 6:15 PM
This Stinks I have the same problem and have gone back to an earlier save
from the begining but it appears that once you have opened the
secret panel you cant go back and bend the pen on it There is
no way the pen will bend on the step the way it shows in the
walkthrough a total re-start appears to be the only alternative
and that like I said really stinks !

helleborus
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

bending the pen

[Post New]by helleborus on Feb 23, 10 6:09 AM
peh4psu wrote:This game is harder that I expected it to be. I've played many large file games, but this seems to be the hardest for some reason. Using the walkthrough, but.... How the H....do you pend the pen on the grate/step at the trailor?

Sorry...figured it out...still a hard game! Getting frustrating!

Go to: