peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Help moving the bins

[Post New]by peh4psu on Dec 3, 09 10:11 AM
Has anyone had a problem moving the bins? This game is getting annoying! I cannot get them to go where I think they are supposed to. Are they go to to the "top" of the screen or to the right side? They will only move a certain amount of blocks, then I can't get them to go anywhere else. Help!!!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Help moving the bins

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 3, 09 6:05 PM
peh4psu wrote:Has anyone had a problem moving the bins? This game is getting annoying! I cannot get them to go where I think they are supposed to. Are they go to to the "top" of the screen or to the right side? They will only move a certain amount of blocks, then I can't get them to go anywhere else. Help!!!!

Yes, those were really annoying. The trick is you have to do some pushing, and then go around to the other side and do some pulling.

There's more detail and a complete solution in the Blog Walkthrough, which is posted free here at Big Fish Games, if you want to take a look at that. .

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

It has step by step instructions, including screenshots, so it should help.

Good luck!
Robin

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

Re:Help moving the bins

[Post New]by peh4psu on Dec 3, 09 6:32 PM
Thank you! It looks like the walkthrough has been updated since I printed it. The directions are much more specific. I'll give it a try! Wish me luck!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 3, 09 7:10 PM
peh4psu wrote:Thank you! It looks like the walkthrough has been updated since I printed it. The directions are much more specific. I'll give it a try! Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Robin

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Dec 4, 09 7:45 AM
Can't do it! Think I'm about ready to call this a loss of 6.99! She just keeps moving the bin back and forth and back and forth. Frustrating. I give up!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 4, 09 8:52 PM
How frustrating! Let's see if we can figure out exactly where you are. Can you look at the floor like a grid and tell me which square you're trying to move from?

Robin

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Dec 5, 09 6:36 AM
The bin is at the third square and I'm at the fourth against the wall of course. Back and forth, back and forth.........

Edited on 12/05/2009 at 6:37:16 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 5, 09 10:51 AM
peh4psu wrote:The bin is at the third square and I'm at the fourth against the wall of course. Back and forth, back and forth.........

So this is the round object, right, not the square one?

You walked up to it and pulled it one square to the left.
Then you walked around to its right side and pushed it one more square to the left.

Then you should be ready to move it vertically. I don't remember whether that one is a push or a pull, but I think it's a push from underneath.

You walk all the way around so you're on the square underneath it and push it.
If that doesn't work, you have to go to the square above it and pull it--the game is a little arbitrary about that.

Basically if it won't move horizontally to where you want to go, you have to move it into a different row by either pulling from above or pushing from beneath.

The logic is sometimes a little weird, but if you just stay organized and try it once from all 4 directions you should be able to figure out which one will move it towards the goal.

Good luck.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Dec 5, 09 1:20 PM
OMG I did it!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! That was driving me nuts!!!!!! Very frustrating part of the game!!!! Now can you help with the stupid crate?? I have it at the top by the wall, but I can't seem to get it to go vertically ..... You're awesome!!! Thanks!

Never mind,,,,,I got the crate in place too! Thank you, thank you! I noticed that the cursor turns into a little hand that shows the direction the item is going to go! That helped me a lot in figuring out what to do! I did it, I did it!! YAY!!!

Edited on 12/05/2009 at 1:25:18 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 5, 09 3:17 PM
I'm so glad! That was the only part of the game where it seemed like what the game wanted didn't really go with the "physics" of it.

Carry on!

Robin

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 27, 09 1:47 PM
I read this before coming to the bins so I was prepared and it was easy for me. The only problem I am having now is getting her to climb up (a bit of gymnastics, as she puts it!) I tried moving cursor really slow to see if it would change into a helping hand but no go. got frustrated and shook the cursor around-yes-except it goes away as fast as it comes. So I'm stumped as to how to get her to ally-oop up.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 27, 09 2:29 PM
ok figured it out when I finally clicked onto the window and sylvie did her thing. Onward to more things I can't figure out

Go to: