TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Tournaments

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Feb 3, 16 11:22 AM
Hi,
I've never played the tournaments as I do not know what to expect.
If anyone has the time could you possibly explain the rules and what you have to do. I have a horror of jumping in and losing my hard earned diamonds.

Many thanks,
Tammy (level 69).

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

Re:Tournaments

[Post New]by Judibeth on Feb 3, 16 11:44 AM
Hi, Tammy. Unless there is a change, the tournaments consist of five HOS. You search for the listed items in each one and you look for special items (I forget what they were called) that look like little discs with a row of red ball bearings or dots around the edge. When you have completed the five HOS you may enter your score in the tournament records, or you can spend your special tournament discs to spin a wheel that gives the possibility of increasing (or decreasing) your score by a certain percentage. After spinning the wheel you can enter your score in the tournament records.

Only then do you run the risk of losing diamonds. If you want to play again in hopes of getting a better score you can either wait the specified time before another free chance is available, or you can buy another game with diamonds (much like buying extra games at the dice table or the slot machine in the main game). If you choose to play only the free rounds, then no diamonds are used.

Of course, the developers have been working on the tournaments, so there may be some changes, but that's the way it was

ETA look also at thread called Tournament FAQ above

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 11:48:16 AM PST

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

Tournaments

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 11:48 AM
TickledTrout wrote:Hi,
I've never played the tournaments as I do not know what to expect.
If anyone has the time could you possibly explain the rules and what you have to do. I have a horror of jumping in and losing my hard earned diamonds.

Many thanks,
Tammy (level 69).

Yo TT.....breathe and relax.....and have fun.....usually....once opened....there are before you five doors.....no particular order....click one and it opens to an HOS.....18 items usually......at your disposal are wands and crystal balls if in your inventory...DO not USE WANDS.....C-balls are fine.......but....there is a time aspect and accuracy aspect......one click per item......as best you can in the quickest time....gets you a BASE score.........now there also are tokens....3 per room for a total of 15........these give you spins on the wheel to get a higher score than your base......3 tokens per spin........
I open the room look immediatly for the tokens.....then proceed to the item collection.....as soon as it it is done do all 5 that way......spin all possible spins....and IMMEDIATLY rebuy a round.....so the HOS's are fresh....the more you do usually the better base score.........to use all spin tokens for the highest possible score.....and place in the top 100........use C-balls to locate objects.....not wands. and steady one time clicking to gain accuracy points......and relax.....if you do not rebuy then the timer will say 20 min. to play free again....i rebuy immedatly if the score is not great......usually the second time through boosts the score......but collect the tokens to spin the wheel.....and spin that than till you can't...ONLY way to get the HUGE scores...so LUCK plays a roll in this.......base scores are the skill.....higher the base potential to the higher the total........DO not USE wands............ever. use the C-Balls if you have to.....they won't take away from your score......The wands will......... **D@NgeR** out

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 12:07 PM
Also within an HOS the items will not change nor the order of them.....unlike game play HOS's where the items change per given HOS each time.....in the tournaments...the HOS items for the whole of that tournament WILL NOT CHANGE.......that is a significant clue to the more you do the HOS's in a given tournament....the better you'll be familure with them for that tournament.....and over tournaments.....there seems to be similarities with a finite # of HOS possibilities...meaning i done 50 + tournaments and only seen maybe 20 different HOS possibilities........so familiarity is a given over a long time with them.........just random info for you.....JUST HAVE FUN.....no stress.... **D@NgeR** out

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 12:12:41 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 3, 16 12:23 PM
I agree with all the General said, except I would clarify one point.

"then proceed to the item collection.....as soon as it it is done do all 5 that way......spin all possible spins....and IMMEDIATLY rebuy a round.....so the HOS's are fresh....the more you do usually the better base score........."

I recommend immediately going back into the Tournament with 5 diamonds while it is still fresh in your mind....HOWEVER, if after the free time and the paid round, you have only received 10% or 20% from wheel spins, I would possibly pay to play ONLY ONE MORE ROUND to see if that percentage increases.....If, during the 3 plays, you are ONLY getting 10% or 20%......back off and wait for the free round to come back....this tournament is not for you. Absolutely, do not spend 60, 70, or 80 diamonds to continue trying if you are only getting 10% and 20%......your luck will not change and you will only lose diamonds.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 3, 16 12:24 PM
Also....check out the Tips for the Tournaments thread located here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/596449.page

I also posted in it so, it is currently on the front page .....has tons of good tips/helps/advice.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 12:44 PM
Totally.......rawkn it Annielil...... **D**

miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by miner on Feb 3, 16 12:52 PM
I just clicked on tournament button it said it will start in 7hrs

Good Luck All

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Feb 3, 16 1:30 PM
Another important point to make is that there MAY be 3 tokens-often times there are only 1 or 2, so don't waste too much time looking for a third token that may not be there.

Good luck!!!

Dawn

TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Feb 3, 16 1:37 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice and help. I will try to digest it all and give the tournaments a go.
I've a feeling that I will not be very good at it but if I do not lose diamonds I don't mind.

Thanks again,
Tammy.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 3, 16 2:35 PM
TickledTrout wrote:Thank you everyone for your advice and help. I will try to digest it all and give the tournaments a go.
I've a feeling that I will not be very good at it but if I do not lose diamonds I don't mind.

Thanks again,
Tammy.

You WILL lose diamonds if you pay to play and don't place in the diamond dole out standings. Just to clarify that point.

Edited note: However, if you play ONLY the free to play times (you can generally get in 3x), it is rare for you to end in the paying standings. Basically, it is a "carp" shoot. (spelling intended)

Edited on 02/03/2016 at 4:54:24 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 3, 16 2:44 PM
If you don't use all your tokens spinning the wheel, do they carry over to the next round? Or do you "use em or lose em"?

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 2:52 PM
Desertdruid wrote:If you don't use all your tokens spinning the wheel, do they carry over to the next round? Or do you "use em or lose em"?

Yes we lose them.....but we all at one time dreamed of them carrying over....wouldn't that be the bees knees...??........hoping **D@NgeR** out

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Feb 3, 16 2:54 PM
In my experience, spending diamonds did not increase my chances of getting a better score. I was lucky if I broke even at the end of the tournament.
I mostly just play the free rounds. I have placed in paying standings numerous times without spending diamonds.

Good Luck

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Feb 3, 16 6:04 PM
I rarely pay to play and have placed to win diamonds. A few times I got into the top 100. A few times I crashed and burned on the token wheel. There is a huge luck element to the tournaments. Wish it was as easy to get good scores in the regular HOS's.

Go to: