Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

How do I get in the Laboratory?

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 3, 16 4:19 PM
I am on level 11. Every time I go into the laboratory it says I have to have a key. It appears one needs 20000 Gold and 50 diamonds. I don't plan on buying them with real cash. Is there some other way to get in? I am always running out of gold and diamonds so it would seem a long time will pass in order to build up to those amounts.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

Re:How do I get in the Laboratory?

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 3, 16 4:46 PM
You just need coins to get the key to enter any room. I think you should take your time and just play the rooms you have open now. Your coins will build up over time. Slow down and enjoy the journey (as they say).
At level 11 your really just starting. Hope this helps and good luck.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Feb 3, 16 5:25 PM
Energyworker, clm5457 has given you good advice.

Most of us, when we first started playing ROM, have spent all our gold and gems too quickly, and had to recover from that. So, you aren't alone. Take care of your gems, and don't spend them unless you absolutely have to. They are very difficult to come by.

If, like me, you don't want to spend real money, then you will find that the early levels of the game can be frustrating because you run out of energy quickly, and have to wait. It will get easier, I promise, and at the higher levels, resources cease to be a problem. Just stick with it.

Visit your neighbours every day to get coins and experience. Try to do the daily challenge (the top icon on the right of your screen) whenever you can to get coins and experience. When you first log into the game, you may not be able to help your neighbours with their expeditions yet, but open up the Runes tab, and help all the dragons and other creatures there - it doesn't cost you, and you get coins and experience.

When you can afford it, buy the Strong Energy Talisman for 4,000 gold. It lasts for 12 hours and renews your energy much more quickly. And when you have enough coin, buy two a day and you will have a full energy bar for much longer.

The tasks on the left of your screen fall into different categories. The ones marked Major will lead you through the game. Complete these, and as you do so, you will win the keys to new rooms, and will be able to open them for gold. You only need to pay gems if you are trying to open a room before you've got the key.

When you can afford it, or when you have won enough sets of runes for the Rune Stone, play that, and you will get a lot of resources there even if you can't get to all three chests to start with.

And if you run out of energy too quickly, try some of the competitions while you wait for it to refill. They cost pearls, not energy, and are good practice even if you don't win at the beginning.

Good luck.

anarita78
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by anarita78 on Feb 3, 16 7:52 PM
Librarian2003 wrote:Energyworker, clm5457 has given you good advice.

Most of us, when we first started playing ROM, have spent all our gold and gems too quickly, and had to recover from that. So, you aren't alone. Take care of your gems, and don't spend them unless you absolutely have to. They are very difficult to come by.

If, like me, you don't want to spend real money, then you will find that the early levels of the game can be frustrating because you run out of energy quickly, and have to wait. It will get easier, I promise, and at the higher levels, resources cease to be a problem. Just stick with it.

Visit your neighbours every day to get coins and experience. Try to do the daily challenge (the top icon on the right of your screen) whenever you can to get coins and experience. When you first log into the game, you may not be able to help your neighbours with their expeditions yet, but open up the Runes tab, and help all the dragons and other creatures there - it doesn't cost you, and you get coins and experience.

When you can afford it, buy the Strong Energy Talisman for 4,000 gold. It lasts for 12 hours and renews your energy much more quickly. And when you have enough coin, buy two a day and you will have a full energy bar for much longer.

The tasks on the left of your screen fall into different categories. The ones marked Major will lead you through the game. Complete these, and as you do so, you will win the keys to new rooms, and will be able to open them for gold. You only need to pay gems if you are trying to open a room before you've got the key.

When you can afford it, or when you have won enough sets of runes for the Rune Stone, play that, and you will get a lot of resources there even if you can't get to all three chests to start with.

And if you run out of energy too quickly, try some of the competitions while you wait for it to refill. They cost pearls, not energy, and are good practice even if you don't win at the beginning.

Good luck.

Wow, can you believe that in more than 100 levels I didn't know about that talisman? Lol, I just started coming to this forum today and I can see why it's good Thank you for sharing what you know, that helps a lot in progressing faster and having more energy to play!

anarita78
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

How do I get in the Laboratory?

[Post New]by anarita78 on Feb 3, 16 7:54 PM
Energyworker wrote:I am on level 11. Every time I go into the laboratory it says I have to have a key. It appears one needs 20000 Gold and 50 diamonds. I don't plan on buying them with real cash. Is there some other way to get in? I am always running out of gold and diamonds so it would seem a long time will pass in order to build up to those amounts.

Hi energyworker,

I saw your code in another post of yours and will add you now as a neighbour and will help you in what I can because of your question I got to know something good, so thank you for posting your question! I will add you as anaritasousag
Hope to see you there, let's play and have fun

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 3, 16 10:33 PM
Thx for all your input.

Go to: