bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 4, 16 12:29 AM
Big Fish Editor's Choice! This title was chosen for its high standard of quality and amazingly positive reviews from our Game Club beta testers.

Elephant Games is back with a new case that only the Royal Detective can solve!

The peaceful town of Glanville is under attack! Each day, a golem arrives, leaving a trail of destruction and terror in its wake! But each new golem is even stronger than the last, and they're evolving into an unstoppable destructive force. You've been called in to help defeat the mysterious Master and their stone-cold creations. With the help of some friends, follow the clues to discover who the Master is and what they have in store for the town. Find hidden objects and solve puzzles to help you along the way. The townspeople are counting on you. Do you have what it takes to help them before it's too late?

See what our Beta testers had to say:

“Graphics were high quality, clean and crisp. Game play was quite intuitive, and distinctly different from any other game of this genre that I have played. I am not a fan of mini games, but these were not the same-old, same-old, and I did enjoy them. I thought Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues was incredible; this one is on track to sweep Lord of Statues under the rugâ€?  - Barb, beta tester

“I just loved it, the gameplay and minigames were so different!! Finally something new!! Can't wait until it's released! What a joy to play!â€?  - Suki, beta tester

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition

[Post New]by j62janet on Feb 4, 16 12:39 AM
Whether it's the beta version I did and I've forgotten I did, or this game isn't new, as I remember the beginning very well

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 4, 16 12:56 AM
I played the beta and loved it, can't wait to play this one!!!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 4, 16 5:16 AM
What are the other ten recent games featuring Golems?? I haven't seen any but I don't buy many games now so maybe I missed them.

I like the idea of Golems, so any other games with them would be good for me

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Feb 4, 16 6:21 AM
cbtx wrote:Oh, I'm beyond excited!! Another game featuring Golems!! Because there are only about ten others recently.
Me tooism lives!!

Oh me too please! I would love a list of the ten best golem games that have come out recently!

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Feb 4, 16 8:22 AM
Another plea for the list! Thanks in advance, cbtx!
Especially as I'm not really interested in this one. I've finished the first chapter, am on page 13 of the SG, the Bonus Chapter starts on page 34. The Bonus Chapter seems to be quite long, but I hardly ever buy CE's.

The little helper, the Baby Golem, was quite cute, reminded me of the imp of the Witches' Legacy series. You dress him for the occasion or give him special accessories. But no reason for me to buy the game.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Feb 4, 16 6:13 PM
cbtx wrote:Oh, I'm beyond excited!! Another game featuring Golems!! Because there are only about ten others recently.
Me tooism lives!!

I think cbtx was just being sarcastic, lol!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Feb 4, 16 7:24 PM
Euskalduna wrote:
Me tooism lives!!

Oh no! I don't believe that for a moment. I want the list.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Feb 4, 16 9:13 PM
Forget about a list of games with golems...
I WANT to know how to make one....then, I can have someone to do all the yardwork just for rocks and water.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 5, 16 2:39 AM
Euskalduna wrote:
Me tooism lives!!

Really?? What a shame; I was so looking forward to finding out what the other ten Golem games were

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 5, 16 2:45 AM
tookat wrote:Forget about a list of games with golems...
I WANT to know how to make one....then, I can have someone to do all the yardwork just for rocks and water.

You make one out of clay and water. It has to be very special clay. Then you say a magical incantation. Unfortunately I've mislaid my copy of the incantation so I can't tell you what it is

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Feb 5, 16 4:51 AM
cbtx wrote:A little baby golem helper? That you can dress and accessorize? How fun is that?
No doubt at all as to the originality and inventiveness of this one!! So few games featuring helpers ---- I better grab this one.

More helpers, I say, then perhaps we could have games involving the helpers as the actual heroes. Maybe a gang of helpers could take on, say, puppets? or the whole gang of golems? (just a wealth of great possibilities to be mined here.)

Answer: Yes, yes and YES! Tons of fun to be had dressing your baby golem. What self-respecting golem parent lets their golem run around naked anyway? It is almost mandatory that if you are going to take the responsibility of caring for one that they should be dressed appropriately.

Oh, and I love the idea of a helper only game. Forget the silly humans. The Imp, Mr. Jenkins, Elf, an occasional ferret or two and the grungy ERS rat could battle the spiderbots and other evil creatures. I am so there!

LuvSilkies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by LuvSilkies on Feb 5, 16 9:47 AM
cbtx wrote:A little baby golem helper? That you can dress and accessorize? How fun is that?
No doubt at all as to the originality and inventiveness of this one!! So few games featuring helpers ---- I better grab this one.

More helpers, I say, then perhaps we could have games involving the helpers as the actual heroes. Maybe a gang of helpers could take on, say, puppets? or the whole gang of golems? (just a wealth of great possibilities to be mined here.)

LOL!! Love your posts, CBTX!

amt3
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by amt3 on Feb 8, 16 3:12 PM
Don't forget about the helpers from Awakening Kingdoms. Especially that cut unicorn you nurse back to health.

Go to: