Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 4, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 5:48:08 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 16 5:48 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ahunter0701 on Feb 4, 16 8:25 AM
I cannot download this game my avast is blocking it as a threat? I have never had this issue ever any help would be great

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 16 8:40 AM
Hi ahunter0701,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting this game to download with an error message appearing. Our products are guaranteed virus free and are tested rigorously before they're released to the public. In regards to what you are seeing, please look at the following help article and provide the information to our Technical Support Team:

Virus Messages

The support team has the tools to help resolve this issue and get you to downloading your games. I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

meldan5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meldan5 on Feb 4, 16 9:04 AM
I also can't install the game. It says something about can't find the right path and I get an alert stating that Avast found a malware threat and blocked it from being installed on my computer. I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dueler on Feb 4, 16 9:15 AM
Tried to install the game, it said there was an issue, tried to download it again and it took my games icon off.

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 9:22:00 AM PST

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mai66 on Feb 4, 16 9:19 AM
meldan5 wrote:I also can't install the game. It says something about can't find the right path and I get an alert stating that Avast found a malware threat and blocked it from being installed on my computer. I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10.

I had the same problem.I restarted my pc and ran a scan, but Avast found nothing wrong. Now I don´t dare to download the game again

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 16 9:24 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues installing this particular game. We've passed this information along to the appropriate teams who are currently investigating this issue for the players. We will update this thread if we hear of any additional information.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by elizabethp3871 on Feb 4, 16 10:28 AM
Hello Fellow Fishes!
I have Avast, as well, and I got the same message about there not being a path. (I can't remember the whole thing.) The first thing I did, which may or may not have been necessary, I uninstalled it, then reinstalled, when it came time to give permission to install, first I went into my Avast settings, clicked on "Active Protections" then choose
"File System Shield" then choose to turn it off for 10 minutes. Then I opened up my game manager, clicked on "install" then gave permission for it to install, and it installed it perfectly. I went back into my Avast settings and turned my "File System Shield" back on.

A word of advice. Anytime I shut down ANY of my Avast protection, I make sure my computer is in "Airplane" mode. That lets me know there is no way at all that I could be online unprotected. That may not be necessary, but I never take chances.

I've been with Big Fish for years, and not one game sample or game has EVER infected my computer. If you trust them as I do, this remedy with Avast will get your sample installed ready for you to play.

Oh, I'm on a laptop running Windows 10. The only protection I have is Avast. I don't like Windows Defender or McAfee, which is why I choose to have Avast only. I pay once a year for their 3rd tier protection. I really only need the 2nd tier, but they offer me a great sale every year for the 3rd tier, so, why not?

Have fun and happy gaming my fellow Fishies.

P.S. If you're in doubt about letting down your shield, please follow bfg Bellerophen's advice by looking to BFG's Help Pages or by waiting to see if they come up with a solution of their own soon!

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 12:13:45 PM PST

[Post New]by elizabethp3871 on Feb 4, 16 12:19 PM
Just wanted to update: I played the sample all the way through and there've been no problems with the sample or my computer. Sometimes Avast can be a little overprotective, but I completely trust BFG, so I wasn't worried bypassing Avast to get it installed. If my instructions weren't clear enough, I'll be happy to rewrite them in a
type style to help walk you through it Just leave me a message, I'll check frequently for the next couple of days.
Again, if you're not sure if you should bypass Avast, please wait for BFG to fix this issue themselves. And always make sure to check the Help Pages to resolve any issues.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 16 1:12 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here with an update. Thank you elizabethp3871 for the great hints and suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.

If players are still having issues with the Avast system flagging this particular file, please send a screenshot of the error message you are seeing to our Technical Support Team. I'll include a help article below:

Taking a Screenshot

By submitting a screenshot of the error message you are seeing, this will help the support team identify the most appropriate troubleshooting step for your system.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Feb 4, 16 7:47 PM
I cant download either, Windows 10 Avast I never had a problem like this, Ill keep checking back for a way to download it.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Feb 4, 16 8:32 PM
The game isn't loading, the game server has it but its not actually loading in my computer, so I have to bring up ctrl alt and delete to shut it down, because I can't play anything else. I'm running Win 7 64, this is the first game I've had trouble with since reverting back to Win 7, I'm using comodo but nothing to indicate anything is wrong has come up there, this game just isn't running.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 5, 16 9:10 AM
I can't download this game either. I get an error report (can't remember the number]and I have tried this three times. It also said something about not having permission to download it. What gives? What do I do next?

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Feb 5, 16 10:07 AM
I had the same problem with my Avast. turned out I had to reset an exclusion for C:\Program Files (x86)\bfgclient It installed fine after that.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Feb 5, 16 3:02 PM
I also have the 3rd tier in Avast. I downloaded the game without a problem. During game play I had an issue with the mouse pointer disappearing in several spots on the screen while doing a HOP. I am now stuck in the game and can't move on.

I really hope we will receive an update download soon.....I was enjoying this very much.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Feb 6, 16 8:06 PM
I have a problem with my guide on Chapter 4 because it disappeared completely. I can see the boxes etc but no words so if I get stuck no help. I have not had this happen ever. I have Windows Vista and usually have little to no problems with games. Only on occasion and certainly not this one with my strategy guide that is not working. Any suggestions?

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 8, 16 3:18 AM
Same thing as everyone else with . . . I believe its Avast . . . I cannot say for 100% sure but my Windows PC's protection is REALLY really warning against this with all kinds of dings & bells & horns & whistles and even a restart into funky mode where the computer had to do some health checkup to make sure it was still okay.

So I see there are a lot of posts up above & I will consider following some instructions. My question is whether this game can be re-released somehow ....like maybe without whatever it is that causes my anti-virus/anti-malware program to lose its frackin mind??

And if that does happen, how could we know? Is there a notification or something that could be sent? I'd like to try it out, I've waited my requisite few months between HOPA games, and this one having the topic of a golem has piqued my interest, but I my computer & dont want anything to explode. I'd be pretty if my computer exploded. Think of the mess.

PS: did you know that in the 13th century or thereabouts, in Prague, there was a bit of a problem with some jerks who wanted to claim land and/or power and/or taxes who had made nice with the ruler of the land & convinced him to allow them to do something about an imaginary problem that said jerks fabricated? This was called a Blood Libel, and they began a false rumor that Jews would kill Christian children to use their blood to make Passover matza. (Apparenly forgetting that consumption of blood is very forbidden in the Torah) - - so began the blood libel & some very violent times where a lot of bad things happened. It is said that a Rabbi created a Golem from clay to defend his people in that area from these thugs.
Pretty interesting story.

Edited on 02/08/2016 at 3:20:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Feb 8, 16 5:48 AM
Geener_Weener wrote:I also have the 3rd tier in Avast. I downloaded the game without a problem. During game play I had an issue with the mouse pointer disappearing in several spots on the screen while doing a HOP. I am now stuck in the game and can't move on.

I really hope we will receive an update download soon.....I was enjoying this very much.

OK....I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it. Everything worked out fine. No problems.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Feb 9, 16 4:04 PM
meldan5 wrote:I also can't install the game. It says something about can't find the right path and I get an alert stating that Avast found a malware threat and blocked it from being installed on my computer. I have a new Dell laptop with Windows 10.

I have the same problem. The game will download but not install. I've downloaded/uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled this game 12 times. Out of 100's of BF games this is a first for me. I have Avast also. The exact message says: "WINDOWS CANNOT ACCESS THE SPECIFIED DEVICE, PATH OR FILE. YOU MAY NOT HAVE THE APPROPRIATE PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE ITEM". The Error Code is #769. I got the same message & Error code for all 12 downloads. I also got 3 alerts from Avast saying this game is infected.

My computer is a 2007 desktop Dell Inspiron 660, 64 bit, less than three years old and fully updated. Dell tried to install this game Sunday & couldn't either. I downloaded & installed 9 games yesterday with no problem. I guess I'll just have to pass on this one unless its fixed.

Go to: