Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 4, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 5:47:15 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 16 5:47 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Royal Detective: Legend Of The Golem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 4, 16 8:33 AM
What a bit of fresh air this game is, beautiful, nice gameplay, and I love the little golem helper, he is so cute.
The story will be better explained than I ever could, so I will let someone else do that.
I just loved the new things the developer put into this game.
I will definitely get this one!!

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 4, 16 11:25 AM

Golems Rock Glanville

The town of Glanville is between a rock and a hard place - it is besieged by golems. The first was as dumb as a box of rocks and the townspeople managed to defeat him. And then another. However, each time an even more powerful one follows it. It is up to you, royal detective, to get to the rock bottom of this mystery and save the town.

The artwork and animation will really rock you with its dazzling beauty and animation. Visually, there is an immersive quality and the cut scenes are exceptionally well done. Voice acting, music and sound effects are also rock solid.

During the trial there were four hidden object scenes. The first was a mini-scene of the list type. The second was silhouette style, and more difficult. The last was a progressive type, where you alternate between finding an item and placing an item. For the mini games, there was a story book style game, a semi-complex puzzle, and a minesweeper game.

There is also a helper, a mini-golem. He will utilize items in your inventory to accomplish specific tasks. I found him to be tolerable; not too endearing, but not too off-putting either. There are four modes of play including Custom. There is a transportable map.

Collector's edition extras are replay of hidden object scenes (12) and mini games (13). There are 14 collectible figures and 25 morphing objects. There is a bonus game, achievements and a strategy guide. Finally, there are the pseudo extras like wallpapers and music.

I had a rocking good time playing the trial. Because of the excellent look, decent story and varied game play, this should appeal to a wide range of players. Give this one a try, and see if it doesn't rock your world.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Feb 4, 16 3:27 PM
Golems could be fun. The demo HOPs and mini-games were fun. The thing that just totally turns me off is our helper.

I generally don't mind helpers, if they help and go back and sit down until I need them again. This mini-golem pantomimes and acts EXACTLY like another "impish" helper...and THAT is a deal breaker, for me.

Too much time finding, or creating, things in miniature...to help the golem "help". Way too many cutesy actions and sounds.

CE includes 14 morphing statuettes and 25 morphing objects as our collectibles. Thank you devs, for NOT showing the "helping hand". They aren't hard to find, but the hunt is more of a hunt without the telltale hand.

Bonus Game, strategy guide, jump map, transporting hint, replay of 13 HOPs and 12 mini-games, are part of the CE extras. As well as the music, wallpaper, etc.

I saw nothing to indicate that we can go back and find any collectibles we miss. MIGHT be there, but I didn't SEE anything.

Four difficulty levels, NO alternate game for the HOPs.

As I mentioned, this is a NO BUY for me with that TOO cutesy, time-filling/stretching/wasting helper. It is NO help to the story OR the gameplay, IMO.

YOU might very well like it. I suggest you try the demo.

Happy gaming

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 4:03:25 PM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 4, 16 6:59 PM
The book or box (couldn't tell what it was) that needed a cross to open... sheesh. The game says "this needs a 'higher power' to open."

Not every person who plays these games is Christian, or even religious. I don't mind references to religion if they're obviously a fictitious religion, but I prefer that real-world religion not be part of my gaming experience.

As soon as that message came up, I decided I would not be buying this game, or even finishing the demo.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Feb 5, 16 9:30 AM

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 5:19:46 PM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Feb 5, 16 9:59 AM
Totally fed up with helpers! The miner is fine, he's been in another Royal Detective... and he just does the macho thing with the pickaxe then goes back to inventory, but the mini golem? bleugh!
It seemed ok at first, but then you have to change his hat and find a mini toolkit, so obviously this continues throughout the game, surprised we didn't get a little room to decorate for him, we usually do!
Come on devs, no more doggies, imps, raccoons or mini golems, let's just have fun adventures and good storylines! Thanx!!

[Post New]by pisces3959 on Feb 5, 16 10:10 AM
The game started out good, but I don't know if I've ever had to collect so many amulets or whatever you want to call them, to open this and open that. It just got boring. There is only one super puzzle which is one of the reasons I bought the game, hoping there would be more. Just started the bonus, and it's taking up where the main game left off...amulet after amulet just to open something. I feel money wasted, and wish I wouldn't have bought it.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Feb 5, 16 10:43 AM

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 5:28:52 PM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Feb 6, 16 12:15 AM
I'm with you, pisces3959, I thought would be good but was only OK, something to pass the time but an expensive way to pass the time. The collectibles give you nothing at the end, no story about each character, nothing.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Feb 6, 16 11:05 AM

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 5:23:19 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Feb 7, 16 12:14 AM
No, this definitely did not rock my world. Graphics great; story-line good; game-play meh. There is certainly a bit of fun to be had here, but definitely didn't blow my socks off, and certainly not for the price. I suggest either waiting for the SE (as the collectibles are nothing but an achievement and the rest of the extras are a "who cares?" ensemble; bonus game not necessary (don't want to give away more in case of potential spoiler (which I don't think it would be but whatever))) or for a far better sale.
All IMHO of course - happy gaming All!

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Feb 10, 16 5:21 PM
oh dear.... the minute in the game that I got to the sweet shop I thought; wait, wasn't this in the Christmas game?
The SAME shop with just the counter turned ....
oh and they left bits of ribbon around...sigh....

I am not buying it and wishing that the trunkster games producers would try something NEW !!!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 11, 16 5:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all who've been taking the time to post their reviews of the game here. Please also keep the Review Guidelines in mind while posting. According to the initial post by bfgBellerophon:

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

Additionally, please make sure to follow the Forum Rules when posting. Specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

By making sure reviews are following these rules, we can keep this thread respectful and easy to navigate for everyone. Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Feb 13, 16 9:29 AM

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 10:12:11 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 13, 16 11:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to post a quick reminder. Please make sure to be keeping the Forum Rules in mind when posting. Specifically:

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

The Forum Moderation Team won't talk about any disciplinary actions taken, and request that people please refrain from posting about this. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

bfgPanthalassa

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Feb 18, 16 8:13 AM
I may get this later so I can play it on a plane or something. It's not as challenging as the previous Royal Detective games, but it was still a little fun. I think that was due to the story. I was, once again, disappointed to see scenes from previous games in here, but I felt a bit of comfort at seeing my old miner friend. The helper though...why must we have these things? I'd much prefer canes and light sources over a helper.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Mar 6, 16 9:46 AM
Just played the demo. The game has been well described previously. I'll just tell you how I liked the game. I loved the graphics, story and storytelling, music and all. I know we all have different ideas about a good game. That's the nice thing about the variety of bfg games! I happen to thoroughly enjoy the little helpers like many others. I know the developers keep them in the storyline of many games. Thank you!
With the thousands of games out there, I'm not sure why a person is offended by a reference to religion-different strokes for different folks, right? That's part of my review because I hope developers don't shy away from that. The game doesn't have to be bought.

Go to: