bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Aveyond 4: Shadow of the Mist here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 4, 16 6:17 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Aveyond 4: Shadow of the Mist here.

[Post New]by redknight on Feb 4, 16 11:08 AM
My game crashes every time I try to equip something that I bought from Wendy Wizard in Windshire.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 4, 16 5:40 PM
Make sure that the armour you bought is also for the person you want to equip.

Once I tried to equip Boyle with something that wasn't for him, and my game just closed down. Won't do that again.

ETA: Of course, that shouldn't happen, but reading the posts at Amaranth, I see that this game has (had) a lot of glitches, and one must be this one.

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 5:42:56 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 5, 16 3:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear the game has been crashing after equipping certain items. Thank you Valdy for taking the time to reply with that tip. When technical issues emerge, we also recommend taking a look at our help pages for troubleshooting steps. The following help article has information that can help when this sort of issue comes up:

If this problem is still occurring, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are more than happy to help, and have the tools to gather information on and report technical problems.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

lennycarl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lennycarl on Feb 6, 16 8:44 PM
I am stuck on my map.
I cannot move!
I've already played for 4 hours and really do not want to start over.

HELP

lljklu
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by lljklu on Feb 6, 16 10:04 PM
Was having trouble with the game freezing up and crashing. Now the game will not start. It starts but then stops. I tried the help pages and did what was suggested, however, nothing has changed. I did run a dr.felix report and sent it to the tech support team. Really was enjoying the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 6, 16 11:33 PM
For the two above: uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help. It often does.

lennycarl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lennycarl on Feb 7, 16 9:13 AM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck. What a bummer.

lljklu
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by lljklu on Feb 7, 16 11:36 AM
Reinstalled it several times. Even went back to a previous restore point and tried to reinstall, still not working.

rosybaby8
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by rosybaby8 on Feb 8, 16 9:49 AM
I cannot get back to any of my saved games it keep sending me back to whispering woods and i cannot get the quit game to work have to close it down bu going to alt ctlr and del to get off the game. I have started it over 2 times already.

rosybaby8
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by rosybaby8 on Feb 8, 16 12:25 PM
I have tried several times reinstalling this game and it comes back with all the saved game, how do you wipe this game out so you can start a new game.

[Post New]by Saileed on Feb 9, 16 6:02 AM
IF I uninstall the game will I lose my saved data or not and how can I install it again after I uninstall it

rosybaby8
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by rosybaby8 on Feb 10, 16 5:19 AM
I want to know how to wipe this game from my computer to start a new game every time i deleate this game it comes back like it was and i cannot start a new game, There must be a way you can start over, what a mess.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Feb 10, 16 5:32 AM
rosybaby8 wrote:I want to know how to wipe this game from my computer to start a new game every time i deleate this game it comes back like it was and i cannot start a new game, There must be a way you can start over, what a mess.

If you play on a Windows computer, here's what you can do.
First uninstall the game.
Then try to find the following file on your harddisk:
Users/(your username)/AppData/Roaming/Aveyond4
Delete that file, and reinstall the game. That should do the trick.

Usually Windows 'hides' the AppData/Roaming file, so you might have to change the settings to: "Show all files".

Hopes this is clear enough...

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Feb 10, 16 5:35 AM
Saileed wrote:IF I uninstall the game will I lose my saved data or not and how can I install it again after I uninstall it

Since other players say that uninstalling the game didn't mean that their progress was lost, I think it's save to uninstall.
To reinstall: Open your BF Game Manager, go to purchases, the game should then show up and click on install.

[Post New]by Cdossi on Feb 10, 16 4:56 PM
Hi, I have a problem in the Halaina Dungeon. I've found the "Dungeon chest key", it's in my inventory, but when i try to open the chest it kept saying "we have to find a key to open it".

I've read several walkthroughs to make sure i had the correct key, and there is nothing more i can do if that key doesn't work.

JSD6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

End of world with bucket of water

[Post New]by JSD6 on Feb 11, 16 6:42 AM
I cannot get back into the house after fetching the bucket of water for the man that makes the tiny furniture...It won't let me in. Uninstalled and reinstalled

[Post New]by danikasue on Feb 11, 16 10:14 AM
My computer ran through an update and now the game won't open. Every time I try to open the game I get an error "Script 'Nether' line 104 : Audio Manager:: Seal:: SealError occured"

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 10:15:29 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 12, 16 10:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues that have been coming up in the game. Our help articles are a good resource when problems like these occur. The steps in the following help article can apply to a variety of situations, and I encourage giving it a look:

rosybaby8, I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the saved progress in the game. If you feel comfortable enough to try the steps provided by Loonz111, please feel free. However, if you're unsure, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team.

Thanks Loonz111 for taking the time to chime in with that information about reinstalling. Saileed, generally reinstalling a game from a computer won't delete the saved data. If you'd like more information on the re-installation process, please read the following help article:

Reinstall a Purchased Game

If anyone is seeing a tech issue in a game, we invite you to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always more than happy to help, and have the tools to gather data on and report issues.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

End of world with bucket of water

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Feb 13, 16 5:05 AM
JSD6 wrote:I cannot get back into the house after fetching the bucket of water for the man that makes the tiny furniture...It won't let me in. Uninstalled and reinstalled

I had that same problem, Cinders31 helped me out, just use the arrows on your keyboard...

Go to: