Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

Off line gamers

[Post New]by Judibeth on Feb 4, 16 8:26 PM
I was searching through some old threads in this forum and found several references to off-line gamers. I did not know it was possible to play MC if not connected to the Internet. How is this done? It would be a great help for warding off severe withdrawal symptoms when on long plane rides or when in areas where Internet access is iffy or even impossible!

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Off line gamers

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Feb 4, 16 8:29 PM
This game can't be played offline as it needs to be connected to the servers. That is why you will see a few threads with servers issues / can't connect to server.

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Feb 4, 16 8:45 PM
Thanks, Tazruby. That's what I thought, but I saw quite a few references to off-line gamers and wondered if I'd missed something. Maybe they just meant people who were off-line when they wanted to send a PM and were waiting for a quick reply.

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Feb 5, 16 12:20 AM
This may be totally irrelevant (like so many of my posts) but when you go into your address book (messages) all the players there are listed as either "online" or "offline". I have always assumed that if they were listed as "offline" it just meant that they were not playing at that moment in time but I could be totally wrong as at any given moment most of the people there are listed as "online".

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 5, 16 6:05 AM
In my address book, the "offline" players are those that have quit the game or, more recently, been banned.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Feb 5, 16 6:09 AM
If you see offline it means they have not signed into their BF account only. It doesn't prevent them from playing the game.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 5, 16 7:47 AM
annieliz1 wrote:This may be totally irrelevant (like so many of my posts) but when you go into your address book (messages) all the players there are listed as either "online" or "offline". I have always assumed that if they were listed as "offline" it just meant that they were not playing at that moment in time but I could be totally wrong as at any given moment most of the people there are listed as "online".

If you are referring to the messages here in the forum, to see someone "offline" or "online" only says they are signed into the forum or not .....it has no bearing on whether they are playing the game or not.

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Feb 5, 16 8:31 AM
To add to Annelliegram's last post....being " offline" doesn't mean that they,aren't at forums...only that they aren't signed in.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 5, 16 8:40 AM
deeziner wrote:To add to Annelliegram's last post....being " offline" doesn't mean that they,aren't at forums...only that they aren't signed in.

Quite correct, deeziner!

Edited note: And if they ARE "online", it doesn't necessarily mean they are currently reading the forum....they may have the browser minimized and playing the game, or totally away from PC.

Edited on 02/05/2016 at 8:41:54 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Feb 5, 16 10:25 AM
It always shows you online in the address book unless you sign out after each session, or unless your cookies expire.

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Feb 5, 16 3:16 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the information. I assumed I would be offline if my computer was off (such as when I am asleep), but I didn't realize it was whether I was signed in to my BigFish account. It is possible to be reading the forum when not signed in, but can't send messages or make posts. It is also possible to be signed in but not on the forum. Anyway, the earlier threads which I had been reading seemed to have people who were annoyed about offline players --don't know why!

Go to: