bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Masters of Mystery: Blood of Betrayal

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 4, 09 12:05 AM
Experience an intense murder mystery! Upon discovering two dead bodies in a penthouse, it’s up to the experienced Carrie Chase to unravel the clues behind these grisly murders in Masters of Mystery: Blood of Betrayal! As Chase progresses through the investigation, startling secrets about her past life begin to immerge. Experience breathtaking scenes, challenging mini games, and an intense story, in this exciting Hidden Object game.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Masters of Mystery: Blood of Betrayal

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 4, 09 12:49 AM
Getting better and better! Excellent graphics, fast Hint system, additional search tools, bright (more or less) screens...

Now is the turn of posting a promised game by some Big Fishie - Edgar Allen Poe 2...

pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Dec 4, 09 1:49 AM
The hour flew by! So far I am really enjoying this HOG. Grafics are clean but you have to use the tools that are given to you to find some of the objects.....had to learn that the hard way.

If you click slow there will be nothing to worry about....too fast and Carrie will interupt. Hints refill fast and playing on timed game I've had plenty of time left (if I remember to use the tools...lol).

Definite buy for me....i just wish most of the HOGS were this good. I give it a

DELLS148
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DELLS148 on Dec 4, 09 2:54 AM
[b]I got as far as the penthouse and window popped up saying vitual memeroy was to low don't know what that means or how to fix it, can anyone help me please

Edited on 12/04/2009 at 2:55:31 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 4, 09 4:45 AM
Somrtimes if you shut down the game then reboot your computer that might help, or you don't have enough memory for your computer to play your games, the more memory you have the better your games will play I hope i have helped..

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 4, 09 4:47 AM
Maybe I've bee spoilt over the last few days, but found this game too repetitive and quite boring. From the description and the fact it has a walkthrough expected much more than the same scenes/items over and again. With zero interaction apart from 4 tools available that aren't terribly exciting.
Maybe better than a junk pile HOG; but certainly not an iHOG/adventure game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 4, 09 4:51 AM
I will give this game a thumbs up, I thought it was very interesting, and the sound and graphics was great! Big Fish Games Rocks..

[Post New]by duker_man on Dec 4, 09 5:10 AM
I'm enjoying this game! I haven't finished yet but so far I thought the story has been absolutely great. Really interesting stuff. Wonder if Chase and Hodgins will get together.
Great graphics too!

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by Divaaa on Dec 4, 09 5:42 AM
DELLS148 wrote:[b]I got as far as the penthouse and window popped up saying vitual memeroy was to low don't know what that means or how to fix it, can anyone help me please

If you have windows xp.. it will automatically boost you,, this happened when playing dire grove for me,,

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 4, 09 5:44 AM
While I don't love the game - it does have my interest even with the repetitiveness of it. Have to say it moves very slow between scenes and dialogue for me. Almost to a glitchy point. Definately too slow on a pot of coffee morning. I'll try it later in the day when I'm petered out and needing a nap.

Edited on 12/04/2009 at 5:46:12 AM PST

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Dec 4, 09 7:00 AM
Even though it was a very easy gameI really enjoyed the demo mainly for the story line and that is what usually bribes me to buy a game. Yep, I am gonna get it

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Dec 4, 09 7:37 AM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't care for this game. I really don't like when the scenes are dark and the objects are so obscure that you can't even find them with a magnifying glass, which was the case at the DJ scene. It's reptitious, not enough adventure and excitement for me. I played for about 30 minutes and deleted it. We've really had some great games on BF lately, but this one was just not for me. It's good that some people like it, some don't. LOVE that freedom of choice we still have in America!!

jayne419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jayne419 on Dec 4, 09 7:55 AM
I do like the game..but having probs w/ cursor sensitivity....i changed to the normal one but still have to click many times to 'pick-up' the object!
graphics are great
yea, can be a bit redundit.
all in all an ok game!

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Dec 4, 09 8:13 AM
six out of five!

I really enjoyed this one. Maybe I'm just slow but it took me about 3.5 hours to finish. Used the timer, but only ran out of time once. Objects not too hard to find, but needed magnifying glass a lot. Objects on a decent scale and fitted to the scenes. No random brocolli or bunches of grapes. Just that stupid rubber duckie that always seems to turn up in every game. .

Good graphics and interesting story. The mini games were different from the norm too.

LOVED IT

Well done BFG

Edited on 12/05/2009 at 11:48:16 AM PST

ilove2sew
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ilove2sew on Dec 4, 09 11:13 AM
While I am not a fan of HOG games since that seems to be the choice lately I've been playing them for want of anything else - this one well, I'm undecided.

I used to do this job in real life for 15 years until uncle Arthur forced me to stop, and by and far the biggest drawback for me is her inane remarks - if I could stop her from talking it would be an almost certain sell but she irritates me no end.

And where is it written that if there is a male and female team there must me romantic relationship develop? Gag me with a Harlequin romance novel. My partner was a male and we were best friends and never once went that way. It can and does happen that a male and female can be partners and friends without romance developing.

Another big irritant of most Police Officers (& other public servants) and their spouses that certainly does not need to be furthered in games - but then after 15 years in public service maybe I'm just a wee bit sensitive to this issue ?

On the good side, I like that you need to use the Ultra-violet light to find stains, but in the demo, even at murder scenes, never once took fingerprints? hmmm wonder why that was, and did you notice how much alcohol there was in the scenes? Sad comment on the perceived lives of murder victims and Police Officers I think.

I guess you can tell I'm on the fence about this one - definitely nowhere as good as the one I enjoyed earlier this week which I "Royal House of Stone" and would welcome any suggestions for games like that. I did the whole game with if you count asking my teen for help with the weights mini puzzle, only one hint, took me a little over 4.5 hours which I count as a good investment.

I think I'll wait and see on this one.

Ila in Maine
Sitting on the fence

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 4, 09 12:34 PM
I thought this game was very annoying ,,,,got on my nerves BAD....could not take more the 15 min...of it...The talking,...drove me crazy...yada yada yada ...drive a girl to ...cheers !

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Dec 4, 09 7:36 PM
susielee wrote:I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't care for this game. I really don't like when the scenes are dark and the objects are so obscure that you can't even find them with a magnifying glass, which was the case at the DJ scene. It's reptitious, not enough adventure and excitement for me. I played for about 30 minutes and deleted it. We've really had some great games on BF lately, but this one was just not for me. It's good that some people like it, some don't. LOVE that freedom of choice we still have in America!!

I am with you .. I didn't care for it either tho I did play the full hour demo .. and if you think the DJ scene was bad .. the crash scene was worse .. I used about 5 hints to finish it .. As you said .. love the freedom of choice .. NOT even putting this one on a maybe list .. happy Friday to you all ..

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Dec 5, 09 10:06 PM
Gag me with a Harlequin romance novel.

ROFLMAO HA HA HA

num1mxmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by num1mxmom on Dec 7, 09 7:29 PM
Loved the game, great graphics and loved the story. Wasn't crazy about how the story ended but overall great game, enjoyed playing it.

Thanks to all involved.

num1mxmom

Edited on 12/07/2009 at 7:33:28 PM PST

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Dec 9, 09 6:29 AM
tried the demo and deleted it about half-way through. Found it repetitive and boring and not as good as most of the other games on bf, not a fun game at all.

Go to: