Don't buy this game...

[Post New]by PDX_Mike on Dec 4, 09 11:25 AM
Sadly, I have to recommend NOT buying this game. I bought it (since there is no demo version), and it has let me down. I had a problem downloading and installing, took forever to install. It finally got done, and it takes forever to load.

I played for a while, and exited. Came back the next day, and found that it does NOT save your game automatically! Replayed everything I had done the previous day, and saved. Played some more, saved again and exited.

Went to play some more, found the last save I made before exiting, didn't save!

Replayed every thing AGAIN. Saved several times every 5 minutes or so, all good. Went about 20 minutes without saving, saved again and exited. Came back and the last save box is there with the date and time of the save, but it has NO picture of the scene I was in, and if I try to load it it just locks up!

All in all, this game is NOT ready for prime time..... save your money!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Don't buy this game...

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 4, 09 8:56 PM
How annoying!

It sounds like a technical problem with the install. I was able to save many times while playing the game, in all the different locations, and I've gone back in multiple times since then and used different save files without difficulty.

Assuming you bought it here at Big Fish, get in touch with Customer Service. They should be able to help one way or another.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by antiserf on Dec 6, 09 9:06 PM
the first time i saved this game, i was greeted with the bluescreen of death. sometimes save worked, sometimes it did not go so well (bluescreen and lengthy reboot). after much repeating of play, i read a walkthru that gave shortcut keys. F5 saves without skipping a beat. of course, i was almost finished with the game. i wrote myself a note, so i will remember this time saving tip.

[Post New]by cheeky_smile_17 on Dec 7, 09 4:53 PM
However, you are not missing much. This game is ridiculously easy and I do not recommend it all:: there is nothing challenging about it, the story isn't really that great and it is just a little frustrating waiting for her to walk around. All in all I am not pleased with this game. Waste of a game credit. It took me less time to complete the game than it took to download and install it. Not good!

frNzR4evr
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frNzR4evr on Dec 10, 09 9:04 PM
uh-oh, I've just exited for the first time, after playing for a couple of hours, chiefly to see how well the game saves ... didn't have a "save" choice on my main menu, now I have read these comments I'm not sure I will decide to play over to the point at which I stopped looking for Anderson ... anyway, ya, it is a shame the large file games don't include at least a 10 minute demo; I much prefer a first-person game like Nancy Drew and Mina's Fate as opposed to this kind where, like Syberia and Dracula: Origins, you can see your character walking around. Cannot comment about the length of play obviously, but so far the story is ok, puzzles have been few and easy. Ultimately, I always ask "What else could you do for $7, y'know ?" to put it into perspective

frNzR4evr
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frNzR4evr on Dec 10, 09 9:10 PM
Discovered the SAVE snafu: you only find it available by putting your cursor at the top of the screen to reveal a top menu bar; there isn't this option on the Main Menu that you get by hitting ESC

[Post New]by pep55si on Dec 25, 09 5:10 AM
i have found this game easy but fun without being frustrating . I have had no problems with down load or saves.

[Post New]by Chesbro on Dec 25, 09 7:35 AM
I've Played this game before it was available at Bigh Fish... and i've really liked it !!!
No technical problems however...

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 26, 09 8:55 AM
I just got this game with one of my free credits and I am loving it. No technical problems, graphics are beautiful, storyline is good and it's not overly complicated,
which for me amounts to enjoyable.
auntann also has some very good advise about checking out walkthrough. Prevents frustration and mouse banging.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 26, 09 8:58 AM
I've just started this as well. I thought it was weird having the save hidden at the top of the screen and not reachable from the Esc Main Menu.

karen888
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by karen888 on Dec 31, 09 11:08 AM
I so agree with you. I found the game slow, boring and frustrating!!! I really wish there was an easy way to go forward with these games instead of relying on blog walkthroughs...or ' GameBoomers' you have to constantly switch back and forth between dialogue and game..... wish there was an ongoing dialogue or 'hint' section to these games. The hardest game I've played so far was Syberia I & II. I had to constantly read the walkthrough from GameBoomers and follow very complicated puzzle answers....still I loved the games so much...... good gaming!!

Guppy33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Guppy33 on Jan 3, 10 7:59 PM
I had the same problem and had to start again from the beginning. The game has to be manually saved as you progress. That should fix it.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 4, 10 12:51 PM
Hallo, dear fishies. I have no problems with this game. I can save my scenes. If you "google" this game, there are demo-versions. I think it is a very interesting game. Not sure to buy it. Happy new year to all. Happy gaming.

Arakhor
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Arakhor on Jan 11, 10 7:53 AM
I say *do* buy this game. The graphics are gorgeous, the story is quite fun and the puzzles are varied. The ending is somewhat confusing though, but that's no mark against it really.

gailfriend429
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Don't buy this game...

[Post New]by gailfriend429 on Jan 16, 10 9:42 PM
PDX_Mike wrote:Sadly, I have to recommend NOT buying this game. I bought it (since there is no demo version), and it has let me down. I had a problem downloading and installing, took forever to install. It finally got done, and it takes forever to load.

I played for a while, and exited. Came back the next day, and found that it does NOT save your game automatically! Replayed everything I had done the previous day, and saved. Played some more, saved again and exited.

Went to play some more, found the last save I made before exiting, didn't save!

Replayed every thing AGAIN. Saved several times every 5 minutes or so, all good. Went about 20 minutes without saving, saved again and exited. Came back and the last save box is there with the date and time of the save, but it has NO picture of the scene I was in, and if I try to load it it just locks up!

All in all, this game is NOT ready for prime time..... save your money!

I have to agree.....I downloaded it, had technical issues that couldn't be resolved easily (or at all, as it turns out) redownloaded it and had the same problem. I had so much of a struggle trying to get the things to combine and work it was just getting me frustrated and tired. Not what I want in a game! It seems like a cool game if only it worked right! Had to give this one back. Hope others have better luck with it and are able to complete it!!

Play on, fishies!
gailfriend

Go to: