Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sea of Lies: Beneath the Surface Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 6, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/06/2016 at 8:45:32 AM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sea of Lies: Beneath the Surface Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Feb 6, 16 3:59 AM
Is it just me? I can't find a way to scroll through the inventory. It only shows the last 5 things I have & can't find a way to get to others unless I use them somewhere.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sea of Lies: Beneath the Surface Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 6, 16 4:48 AM
No arrows? , they are very thin and easy to overlook!

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Feb 6, 16 4:50 AM
Nope, they definitely not there. They appeared briefly when there were some movie/ video bits then vanish. I've clicked all over the place but can;t seem to get them. Unless they go somewhere else???

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 6, 16 5:29 AM
AussieMoo wrote:Nope, they definitely not there. They appeared briefly when there were some movie/ video bits then vanish. I've clicked all over the place but can;t seem to get them. Unless they go somewhere else???

Have you tried to un-/reinstall? Sometimes bits get lost in the download.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Feb 6, 16 6:34 AM
AussieMoo wrote:Is it just me? I can't find a way to scroll through the inventory. It only shows the last 5 things I have & can't find a way to get to others unless I use them somewhere.

For me it's like this: If you have five or less items in the inventory, there is no arrow. As soon as you have more than five, an arrow appears on the right or on the left. Personally I find this a very elegant solution!

Happy Gaming, I'm having a great time!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 6, 16 8:45 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Feb 6, 16 3:32 PM
Huh, looks like it is just me! I'll uninstall & reinstall & see what happens.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Feb 6, 16 11:01 PM
Micha1234 wrote:
AussieMoo wrote:Nope, they definitely not there. They appeared briefly when there were some movie/ video bits then vanish. I've clicked all over the place but can;t seem to get them. Unless they go somewhere else???

Have you tried to un-/reinstall? Sometimes bits get lost in the download.

Aha, of course! You are a star! Worked beautifully, I now have arrows!

(Would you believe, I used to work on an IT helpdesk & the most common fix was uninstall & reinstall, can;t believe I don't listen to myself...)

azoch
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by azoch on Feb 9, 16 8:16 PM
cannot get the pirate tune (xyelphone/hammer) to work. i have tried several times, no luck, then uninstalled and reinstalled and to no avail.... still will not work. i cannot finish the game as puzzle cannot be skipped. please advise or refund my payment.
thank you...

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Feb 9, 16 11:13 PM
Can't get the Pirate Tune to work. There is no way to advance in the game because you can't skip this. It only registers the first note and no others, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that did not help.

[Post New]by johnmac55 on Feb 14, 16 9:34 AM
can not get the sirens music to work and there is npo skip, What can I do
The guide gave me the code!

[Post New]by harleydavidson5 on Feb 15, 16 3:53 PM
According to the strategy guide there are "WHEELS, and COLLECTIABLES". However, all I had were wheels in the came. What happened to the other collectibles???

[Post New]by sallymoonchild on Feb 20, 16 1:09 PM
azoch wrote:cannot get the pirate tune (xyelphone/hammer) to work. i have tried several times, no luck, then uninstalled and reinstalled and to no avail.... still will not work. i cannot finish the game as puzzle cannot be skipped. please advise or refund my payment.
thank you...

I have the same problem, please advise. Solution is 2123232 but spent ages to no avail now getting really fed up.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 20, 16 2:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issues people have been seeing come up in the game.

I understand that the pirate tune hasn't been working properly for some. If that solution that sallymoonchild included doesn't fix the issue, I suggest taking a look at the following help article. The steps it include can be useful in resolving many different situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

harleydavidson5, I've taken a look in the forums and I can see that you posted about this question in another thread, and it looks like CherylParker posted some more information there. I've gone ahead and included that thread below:

Hidden signs

If anyone is coming across a technical problem, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help troubleshoot, and can also issue replacements, or even refunds, if needed.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by sallymoonchild on Feb 21, 16 5:14 AM
Right, I got fed up with the glitch on the xylophone, and before consigning the whole game to the dustbin, I decided to give it another go. I am glad to say I have at last got past this glitch......and a glitch it is because I kept hitting all the bars in sheer annoyance and then tried again. I think the answer is the way you hold the little drumstick. If you have the hand spread out somewhat and get all the notes, after a time it does work.......after a time being the operative phrase. At least I have not wasted my money.

[Post New]by Mrs_Tom_Robinson on Feb 21, 16 9:55 AM
Windows 7 - I get to the Pirate Garden, to the Railway Station, but cannot get the sticks even though I have all three tiles. Hints now all say I should look elsewhere. Totally stuck, did uninstall and reinstall - no luck.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Feb 26, 16 4:46 PM
I wrapped the rag around the arrow but I cant put the sap on it or the feathers,
there are no gears working to let me do this

neakybird
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by neakybird on Mar 21, 16 4:02 PM
hookedonHOG wrote:I wrapped the rag around the arrow but I cant put the sap on it or the feathers,
there are no gears working to let me do this

I had to use the spoon to do this. Hope it helps you.

neakybird
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by neakybird on Mar 21, 16 4:08 PM
I am in the secret hall and need to press the correct tiles on the statue. I have pressed them correctly and am supposed to get the oar lock but nothing happens. Any body else having this problem?

I have never had any problems with BF games until recently and this is the third game in a row that I have had these type of glitches in, getting kind of tiresome.

Go to: