Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

How do I get the key to the Laboratory without paying for it?

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 6, 16 8:30 AM
HI, I am on Level 14 now and can't get into the Lab or the Observatory. Seems I need a key yet wondering where of how to get it.

Have been reading helpful hints in Forum and wiki yet don't see this kind of detail.
Helpful info appreciated. Thx in advance.

aventeux
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:How do I get the key to the Laboratory without paying for it?

[Post New]by aventeux on Feb 6, 16 8:58 AM
As far as I can remember, I needed to buy a key with gold coins each time I needed to open a new location in Bellows Manor, Paris, Times of Knights, Venice, Japan.

F5s5aE
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by F5s5aE on Feb 6, 16 9:38 AM
Yes, you have to buy the keys. Take your time and don't worry about it. As you go along each building you unlock needs you to purchase a key. They get pricier as you add cities. I found it best to wait and get familiar with the rooms I had. I tend use the money from leveling up to unlock.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Feb 6, 16 12:02 PM
Energyworker, I think this was fully covered in your previous thread about how to get into the Laboratory, which has now just slipped onto page 2 of the Forum.

No-one is going to be able to give you a different answer because every room has an entry price and each becomes more expensive than the last.

In order to be able to pay for entry to the room with gold, you must first get the room key, which you will find by following the tasks on the left hand side of your screen.

If you cannot wait to find the key, the game enables you to get in early by paying with gems.

There are no other options.

If I remember rightly, the Laboratory will not be the next room that you are asked to open - you take them in turn, and the Laboratory is one of the more expensive at Bellows Manor.

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Feb 6, 16 6:28 PM
If you find an answer to this, please let us all know.

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 6, 16 9:04 PM
Librarian2003 wrote:Energyworker, I think this was fully covered in your previous thread about how to get into the Laboratory, which has now just slipped onto page 2 of the Forum.

No-one is going to be able to give you a different answer because every room has an entry price and each becomes more expensive than the last.

In order to be able to pay for entry to the room with gold, you must first get the room key, which you will find by following the tasks on the left hand side of your screen.

If you cannot wait to find the key, the game enables you to get in early by paying with gems.

There are no other options.

If I remember rightly, the Laboratory will not be the next room that you are asked to open - you take them in turn, and the Laboratory is one of the more expensive at Bellows Manor.

Thank you. Sorry, I was getting impatient. I didn't realize you could find the room key. Mystical Chicken mentioned she hadn't paid for anything with real money so wondered how/where one got the key instead.

sifflevent
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by sifflevent on Feb 7, 16 12:39 AM
Energyworker - you obviously don't pay for the key in real cash but with the gold you've accumulated and can see top right corner of the screen above the number of gems.

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Feb 7, 16 3:31 AM
Energyworker, as sifflevent said, paying with real money doesn't come up much in the forum. Very few of us, I think, pay for anything with actual cash. So, when you see references to coin or gold, it's to the game's gold coins.

You will see several sorts of task on the left of your screen. At least one of them will be labelled 'Major'. These are the tasks that you must complete in order to progress through the game. And, if memory serves me, it's on these tasks that you will find the room keys.

You don't need to pay any real money at all to play this game.

uptownnola
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by uptownnola on Feb 7, 16 6:33 PM
It's always about Time or Money- you "pay" for it with time spent playing the game as described above, where you "earn" gold coins- OR you can spend real live money from your bank account to buy the coins from Big Fish Games-
if you are impatient, as I have been at times when I was close and just wanted to get a new place open (this happened in the Paris scene) I actually (yes, sorry gang but I did) bought gold coins to finish off what I needed so I could move on- BUT as so many have said, you don't need to spend any real world money to get anything, however, you will need to spend the time to earn the gold coins.
There is also an artifact- the Fireball- which helps you amass more gold faster once you assemble it.
I have used that to get "money" faster in order to do things, or buy other things like the talisman that increases the speed of your energy replacement.

Go to: