The Dark Hills of Cherai

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Dark Hills of Cherai

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 5, 09 12:05 AM
After hearing the story of a great adventurer named Wyatt, and the treasure hidden in his home, a young boy named Arjun decides to find it for himself. Little does he know, however, that an evil magician is waiting to kidnap him! Save your cousin from Digambar, and find the legendary treasure of Cherai! Explore a mysterious palace with three cousins in the Dark Hills of Cherai, using your Hidden Object talents, to track down the treasure and save your family.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:The Dark Hills of Cherai

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Dec 5, 09 12:44 AM
WooHoo! My second wish came true!

One of the best enchanted HOG+Adventure games.

Adventurers, beware - 4 characters play in this plot, and have to pass inventory objects from one to another... Lol, I still don't know exactly how to do it...

Happy gaming!

Edit: 4 characters...

Edited on 12/05/2009 at 12:51:11 AM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 5, 09 1:03 AM
Sounds intriguing. Am going to go play now.

linnovak
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by linnovak on Dec 5, 09 1:38 AM
I agree - I think it's a great game & like the passing of objects between characters, makes it a little more challenging. I just bought it - happy playing!

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bgarcia on Dec 5, 09 2:05 AM
I would love to play it, but after downloading it, I get a message that I'm missing one of the flash10 files. Don't tell me I have to redownload it. This is the first time I've ever gotten that message, so it must be a file spec. to that game. Check it out Floundie. I shall put on my Sherlock hat and investigate.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 5, 09 2:27 AM
Really enjoyed the demo. I'll probably buy later today. I like how the characters exchange inventory items ... very innovative.

Graphics are good but there are small items. Music was not irritating. Puzzles are rather simple thus far ... but are good ones. They may get more difficult as you get into the game. One item to find was the crowbar ... had to laugh ... thought of Scotcat!! LOL

Down inside the well, the magician guy kept popping up at the top of the screen saying "that glow looks interesting." Well, I'm sure it does ... but there was no fricking glow on my screen!!

Would be interested in the length of the game. Hopefully, someone will comment on it in their comments.

Prima2339
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Where's the Banana?

[Post New]by Prima2339 on Dec 5, 09 2:31 AM
I'm stuck and can't move forward in this game until I find a banana for the monkey?

He's got a key that I need, but won't give it up until he gets something to eat.
I'm assuming it can't be a usual yellow banana because the scene I'm in,(the one with the snakes) has a lot of greenery so yellow would be quite easy to see. I've searched everywhere for one. Is it possibly in a previous scene and I need to go back to somewhere to retrieve it?
Can anyone help me out?

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Dec 5, 09 2:42 AM
bgarcia I got the same message. Tried to just download and install flash, still didn't work. Restarted computer and got directed to flash plugin download again. Followed the prompts and game worked. Hope that helps, Tracey. PS, the game is quite original in some aspects, so quite enjoyable.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Dec 5, 09 3:02 AM
Having the same problem, it appears that some part of 'flash' is missing, but all other games work correctly, so it can`t be that. Am uninstalling and re-installing, so will see if that makes any difference.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 5, 09 3:05 AM
Beautiful game - really enjoyed the demo - but won't be buying cos there is so little replay value. Innovative game! Enjoy!!

Where's the Banana?

[Post New]by SirStanley on Dec 5, 09 3:19 AM
Prima2339 wrote:I'm stuck and can't move forward in this game until I find a banana for the monkey?

He's got a key that I need, but won't give it up until he gets something to eat.
I'm assuming it can't be a usual yellow banana because the scene I'm in,(the one with the snakes) has a lot of greenery so yellow would be quite easy to see. I've searched everywhere for one. Is it possibly in a previous scene and I need to go back to somewhere to retrieve it?
Can anyone help me out?

You have to get the banana from Maya - hope this helps

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Dec 5, 09 4:02 AM
Same problem no flash 10 installed, so will try again. If someone has a solution for this please let us know

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Dec 5, 09 4:48 AM
vicalana wrote:Beautiful game - really enjoyed the demo - but won't be buying cos there is so little replay value. Innovative game! Enjoy!!

Lana, how can you say there is no replay value after a one hour demo??
I always think of replay value as having enough objects in any screen so that different things are sought after when a game is replayed. Now certainly, some screens require one type of item to advance the game ( such as the snake gathering ). Perhaps your perception of replay value differs from my own. Please return and explain yourself.

As to the game itself, HOGging is rather simple, the puzzles are fairly simple 30 minutes into the game. I do like that more than one puzzle must be completed in scenes to advance the game. The unique feature of having more than one game character as a protagonist is outstanding and hopefully this will be continued in games of the future. After all, these games tell a story and most stories have more than one character in them.

Cherai is a welcome addition to the HOG genre and I think a lot of gamers will find this one very compelling.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Dec 5, 09 4:58 AM
Very nice. Definite buy for me. You have to use your brain a little on this one, remembering which character needs what and so forth. Love the graphics, music, and length looks nice and long. Nice lazy day game. Thanks, BF.

[Post New]by lizabetty on Dec 5, 09 11:38 AM
I am going nuts. After three hours I still cannot find a person to trade off the item from. I cannot seem to get the meeting place orgnanized or workable. Is it just Me ? HELP !

[Post New]by lizabetty on Dec 5, 09 11:43 AM

Someone please explain the meeting place to me. I want to move he plank to Maya upper right, then I turn it and it turns back and says no one to meet there. I am going in circles. I have reread the walk through four times. Anyone elsewith this problem? I clearly cannot understand it nor go forward in this game. Frustrated.

Edited on 12/05/2009 at 11:50:22 AM PST

The meeting place

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Dec 5, 09 12:16 PM
I tried to backtrack, before figuring out that if you just click on the MAP in lower right corner, you can send your character there. Do that for whoever needs to exchange something, or simply send them all there.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 5, 09 1:26 PM
You can find the walkthrough for Dark Hills of Cherai at the Big Fish Blog. You can copy and paste the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dark-hills-of-cherai-walkthrough/

You can find detailed instructions on how to use the meeting place and getting everyone there.

Good Luck,

Margie B

kidxsol
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kidxsol on Dec 6, 09 2:09 PM
open the folder for The Dark Hills of Cherai game in programs, then run install flash player ax has a red box logo, game will run

[Post New]by maddymerlin on Mar 3, 11 12:29 PM
kidxsol wrote:open the folder for The Dark Hills of Cherai game in programs, then run install flash player ax has a red box logo, game will run

Thank you so much, the game now works perfectly.

Go to: