cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

BFG new HO Hide and Secret 2

[Post New]by cesse47 on May 17, 08 10:02 AM
On home page as tomorrow's game. Same as first Hide and Secret pretty much. Find items using list, find differences, find shapes. Couple of multiple clicks to get item. Annoying ghost in a couple of puzzles. Too much chat. Graphics good. Sound good. Music got annoying. Way too much chat and stuff to read, mostly I clicked continue to skip. Finding shapes on Aztec and Pirate screens were challenging for me ... but I got them. No time limit on screens that I could see.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re: BFG new HO Hide and Secret 2

[Post New]by scotcat on May 17, 08 10:24 AM
I played the demo. Spent most of my time hitting the continue button to skip past the excessive dialoge. Blah, blah, blah.... such talkers they are. I spent about 30 minutes of the demo just on the Aztec wall. I hated that thing! Not enough hints IMO. Graphics Ok, but not good enough to not need hints to find some items. I had to give up on one round and start all over because I was out of hints and could not find 2 items for the life of me. Thank goodness there is no clock/timer.

Oh ya, that ghost WAS annoying!

I can't tell if it will be a decent game or not since I got stuck so much and didn't get to play much of the game. I know it's not going to be a great game, but I wonder if it will be tolerable enough to buy?

Gamezebo is changing their website and a bit behind on reviewing games.

coscat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by coscat on May 17, 08 12:08 PM
Just finished the demo. For a change I listened to all the dialog, some is pretty funny in a cheesy sort of way. The Merlin thing popping up all the time got old fast. But the objects were hard to find, especially when they ask for "wrench" and there are 4 or 5 in the scene and you have to find the one they want. That Aztec wall was a killer. I agree that there needs to be a way to get more hints! I can't tell how long the game is, but it is hard. Will wait for the Gamezeebo review to decide on buying. Still trying to decide if I want the Sherlock Holmes lost cases one.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on May 17, 08 12:28 PM
YES! I bought the Lost Cases Of Sherlock Holmes and I am on the final puzzle. I really liked this game, but that is just my opinion. I think the replay value will be good. I had to do one scene over again and I swear they moved some of the items around. Well worth my $6.99 that I paid for it.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on May 24, 08 9:53 AM
scotcat wrote:YES! I bought the Lost Cases Of Sherlock Holmes and I am on the final puzzle. I really liked this game, but that is just my opinion. I think the replay value will be good. I had to do one scene over again and I swear they moved some of the items around. Well worth my $6.99 that I paid for it.

Yes, this game was fun. I agree with scotcat here. And....yes scotcat, they did move items around second time.

Re:BFG new **** Hide and Secret 2

[Post New]by torkster on Nov 9, 08 6:14 AM
I cannot find the last WARRIOR ITEM where the guy is climbing the wall in Cliffhanger Castle...... I have been up and down the wall 100 times, and cannot find the last item....... Can anyone help here??????? My email is [removed by moderator] Thanks Bob

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 12:53:26 PM PST

Re:BFG new HO Hide and Secret 2

[Post New]by bosslady1257 on Jan 25, 09 2:04 PM
I cant either. I have clicked every possible item I think. Someone please help.

[Post New]by lategamer on Sep 7, 09 8:44 PM
TOTALLY agree that there needs to be more hints. I've never given up on a **** game - I love them - but this is one I'm sorry I bought and will probably have to give up on because no hints means no moving to the next screen. \
I also agree that all this blah blah story telling is NOT why we play these games so developers could leave that stuff out and more people would buy them.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Sep 19, 09 2:53 AM
torkster wrote:I cannot find the last WARRIOR ITEM where the guy is climbing the wall in Cliffhanger Castle...... I have been up and down the wall 100 times, and cannot find the last item....... Can anyone help here??????? My email is [removed by moderator] Thanks Bob

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 12:54:02 PM PST

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Sep 19, 09 2:54 AM
fancy putting your email on world wide web?? very naughty,.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Sep 28, 09 8:50 PM
This is the weakest of the three Hide and Seek games, in my opinion. All of the problems mentioned here play a part. In fact, I really wish I'd had the sense to read this thread before making my purchase. Some of the objects are invisible, Merlin popping up is beyond annoying, and I have never seen so much pointless dialogue in a hidden object game. It just goes on and on, and half the time they're basically saying nothing. Also, the lack of hints makes finding the almost invisible items very difficult. I'm glad they came up with a better formula than this for Hide and Seek 3.

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Oct 3, 09 5:11 AM
Unless you have extremely good eyesight don’t waste you time or money.
Could not see the difference even after using a hint in one of the find the difference mini games.
The hieroglyphics and pirate puzzles were near impossible to complete without some random clicking then you have to put up with Merlin popping up. Definite thumbs down on this one.

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Oct 3, 09 6:03 AM
Thanks for the info. I don't like the first Hide & Secret as it is boring and the couple popping in to take each item is distracting, so I won't purchase this installment.

I really enjoyed Hide & Secret 3 however. That game was very different from the first installment as it was an adventured hidden object game.

Jill

[Post New]by SandeeBeach on Oct 3, 09 6:00 PM
I Did not care for this game at all. Will not purchase it, even if it is the daily deal.The ghost floating around is a little much, he gets in the way of finding objects

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Oct 4, 09 10:29 PM
When will I ever learn? I really need to read the forums before I buy anything!!!

Merlin is annoying, pops up, and takes forever to leave. Ghost makes me seasick. Dialogue is completely asinine. As a female, I guess I should think that what's his name is a typical stupid male - but since I don't know any men that are sitcom stupid - it's just incredibly irritating. I don't even bother to read any of the dialogue - just click 'next'.

Hidden objects are truly hidden - they are invisible until you use the hints. So then you get to re-start the level and have more invisible items. Yuck!!!

Bottom line.....I'll have to be convinced it's an outstanding game to take a chance on another Hide & Secret.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Oct 5, 09 8:27 PM
Hide and Secret 3 is MUCH better.

[Post New]by hissongbird on Oct 29, 09 11:16 AM
Bought Hide and Seek 3 first and loved it, so I bought 1 and 2. Big mistake! Am dumping both of them. Will take more advantage of the trial versions from now on and will check the forums for sure! Fought my way through this one all the way to the wall, but after reading the comments on this thread, I'm not going to bother finishing it. I play these games to de-stress, not to make myself crazy with frustration.

Go to: