.Persistent Technical & Strategy Guide Problems Yrs Aftr Game Released

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Feb 7, 16 10:58 PM
I've been replaying this game, today, for the first time in a few years. The last time I played it was on my old Windows XP PC . Today, I've been going NUTS trying to get through a puzzle game that has NO SKIP BUTTON, yet is near the end of the game, so isn't something I want to start all over again, from the start. Besides, the game problem really isn't a matter of needing the game to be "reset".

Mostly, it's a problem with the Strategy Guide/Walkthrough, which was sloppily compiled, as are the on-screen instructions for this non-skippable puzzle (in the mirror world of a mean Pixie woman). In her trailer, the player is instructed to remove the picture on her wall, then fix the "power connections" in the on-screen grid. While clicking on the large orange button will give you some indications of what you're supposed to fix there, the bits of "guidance" provided, on screen, are only for the simplest, most intuitive tasks.

The most challenging tasks, like coming up with a four digit code based on the symbols found in a deck of cards, finding the key, or closing the open cupboard doors, aren't prompted, by any part of game data. In fact, the information relayed in the Strategy Guide is patently FALSE!!!! The Strategy Guide will tell/show you the correct code is: Spade, Heart, Club, Diamond. If you decide to believe that nonsense, plan to spend the rest of your life stuck at this unskippable part of the game. The CORRECT CODE is, actually: Diamond, Diamond, Heart, Spade.

You may struggle to retrieve the small key from beneath the vines in the upper right-hand corner of the grid, too, which is what I did & the Strategy Guide/Walkthrough instructs the player to do. However, that will be an equally unproductive action to take, as the key isn't anywhere near that portion of the puzzle. It's, actually, hidden inside the deck of cards password lock-box. You can watch the person who figured out the CORRECT process for handling this Boomzap poor quality control situation, via this You Tube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMSRZvi-pWE ****41:00 minutes into the game play****.

It was such a relief to determine that it was a Boomzap mess up, not one on my behalf (nor on the behalf of the many BFG game purchasers who have posted about it here). Thank goodness for You Tube! However, I'm frustrated by how flawed this game is still, more than 5 years after its release! Poor QA by BFG & Boomzap!

Go to: