Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

I don't get it?

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Feb 8, 16 5:38 AM
I don't get it. What am I missing? I saw this and thought it looked interesting but it is just confusing. How do you know where the numbers go if no X's in between. Do they always run together or can there be spaces between them or is that the object; to figure out where the first number goes and they run in a line after that? Or do they always start on square one and go across with no spaces? Who knows? Obviously not me! As I said I just don't get it and it seems very tedious. Trying to come up with something to compete with the popular Fantasy Mosaics without copying them is difficult I guess.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:I don't get it?

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Feb 8, 16 7:35 AM
Good morning, Spookys_Mom

Did you try using the tutorial feature??? This is one game where you DEFINITELY need to!!!

I consider myself quite an advanced nonogram/mosaics/riddler/griddler player but this one really threw me for a loop! lol. I don't want to put my review here (feel free to check it out on the 'review' thread) but the fact of the matter is ..... the game board DOES NOT indicate where the 'x' boxes go. That's the challenging part of this game ..... you have to figure it out as you go along. That's the best I can tell you.

I was fortunate enough to play the demo on another site a bit ago and got confused and frustrated. Finally, after 3 hours (an hour each on 3 different sites - lol) I 'think' I got it. lol Or, at least, I felt a bit more comfortable with the precept.

I find this to be quite an innovative and challenging game. Don't give up!

Not much help but I hope it gives you some insight.

Enjoy!

stusue
Clownfish
Clownfish
597 Posts

[Post New]by stusue on Feb 8, 16 7:39 AM

This game works on the same principle as the Fantasy Mosaic games, as well as all other nonograms.

The main difference here is that, instead of changing grids when you change colour like in the Fantasy Mosaic games, here all 3 colours are on the one grid, so you have to remember to change colours when you want to fill in a square.

Between 2 numbers that are the same colour, there always has to be at least one gap.

Between 2 numbers that are different colours, there may be no gap, or 1 or more.

Another difference is that in this game there are very few large numbers, with the vast majority of numbers being 1s and 2s. You may also have as few as 1 number in a row or column, or as many as 8, mainly made up of 1s and 2s.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Feb 8, 16 7:40 AM
This game IS confusing. I played about half the demo and stopped. I'm not used to making so many mistakes on a Nonogram. I guess I'm just not cut out for this one.

Fantasy Mosaics IS the best one to play and I usually play them through a few times. Right now, however I am playing Hidden Clues, and it's not a bad one. Have you tried it?

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 9, 16 6:43 PM
As a fan of Fantasy Mosaics, it took me to almost the end of the demo before I felt that I had a good feel for the game. I am so used to there being a space between numbers no matter if the colors were the same or different. So the biggest challenge for me was remembering that there wasn't a space between different colors.
Unfortunately, I felt the graphics for the pictures weren't great, and didn't appear to contribute to the supposed storyline.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: I don't get it?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 11, 16 4:10 PM
I bought this game at 19 minutes into the demo because it IS challenging. (And well made, as I'm about to declare in the reviews thread.)

Please reread the explanations from mrm2006 and stusue above, and then consider this example.

There are 10 spaces available. The numbers are 1 1 6. You count "Blue 1, 1 space, blue 1, red 6, total of 9." That's 1 less than 10, so you leave the far-right tile empty and fill in the 5 immediately before it in red. You still don't know exactly where the 2 blue tiles go in the remaining 4, but you've made a start.

Also, pay attention to what the tutorial points out briefly about noticing what lines or columns contain what colors. I just had a 15-wide puzzle where one row showed only a 7. But since the first 1 and last 2 columns didn't have any numbers of that color, I knew that the 7 had to fit into the remaining 12 columns. So I was able not only to enter its middle 2 tiles but mark three others as blank. And in these puzzles, the blanks are even more important than in the usual nonogram.

I've had others where all the white numbers in the columns need to fit into only 9 rows out of 15 total. And so on.

If this sounds more like work than fun, well, please realize that that's how people who don't like ordinary nonograms react to THEM!

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 5:36:16 PM PST

dillon3473
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by dillon3473 on Apr 25, 16 2:16 PM
My only beef after I finally figured it out is that the board is too dark and I don't see dark numbers up in the trees.
Also, the puzzles can be too similar.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

The visuals are horrible

[Post New]by elizaew on Sep 13, 16 5:11 AM
So not only is this difficult to play - it's really difficult to see. THAT is inexcusable.

Go to: