kryzda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

CRASHING WHEN I CLICK OK, GLITCH!

[Post New]by kryzda on Dec 6, 09 6:14 AM
Me too, the moment that i click ok at the beginning of the game it closes, what can I do, need help. thnx

Re:CRASHING WHEN I CLICK OK, GLITCH!

[Post New]by LunaNs on Dec 6, 09 8:55 AM
Hy,

I have the same problem. Please help.

LunaNs

JanneHelen
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by JanneHelen on Dec 6, 09 9:28 AM
Same problem here also

[Post New]by ila1212 on Dec 6, 09 3:34 PM
just the same. ila

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Dec 6, 09 3:44 PM
Me too!!!

[Post New]by tkulcsar on Dec 6, 09 4:01 PM
Mine just keeps going back to the opening screen when i hit play

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Dec 6, 09 4:25 PM
Me too.

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Dec 6, 09 6:56 PM
Did Any Of You Think To Check Your Memory ? Even A Glass Of Water Over Flows When It Is Over Filled? If This Is Your Problem I'm Glad I Could help If Not I Am Truly Sorry For Putting In My 2Cents!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 7, 09 4:33 AM
Bella43099 wrote:Did Any Of You Think To Check Your Memory ?

This makes no sense, Bella. What do you mean "check your memory"? Do you mean hard drive space? Memory is not something that fills until you do something to it. It is used constantly by the system. Now if a persons hard drive is very full it can effect memory because there is no room for it to swap data as it works, but that's pretty rare.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 7, 09 5:10 AM
Did you type in your own name as player instead of Miranda? That threw me at first because it doesn't click on that box and blink to start typing, I thought my pointer died. Then I just started typing my name and it changed on the box without the cursor, her named dropped out, mine typed, then hit Play. . I don't think I even hit delete first but maybe I did. If Play keeps taking you back then maybe Miranda has aleady finished and starting over. Miranda of course being the main character before you change it.

[Post New]by Namco_Support on Dec 7, 09 11:56 AM
Hi everyone,

Please make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for the game. They are:

* CPU: 1.0 GHz
* RAM: 512 MB
* Hard Drive: 200 MB
* 64MB VRAM and DirectX 7.0 or later

The important one here is RAM. If you have a 512 MB system BUT your video is integrated and shares the memory then you may have problems.

We are currently looking into the name entering issue. Once we have an idea on what's causing it, I will update you.

Regards,
Gabriel / Namco Networks America Customer Support

[Post New]by sisone1951eaw on Dec 7, 09 5:20 PM
I sent you my dxdiag hope this will help have tried and tried to play this one and get no where with it

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Dec 7, 09 7:37 PM
My system meets all requirements and can play all other Bigfish games without any problems. And I definetely don't have a RAM/video card problem. My computer is optimized for gaming - it runs huge games that are heavy on graphics without a hitch.

But whenever I try to open this game and get the name request and click OK, regardless of whether I keep the Miranda name or type anything else, it sends me right back to desktop with the windows error message: "The program has stopped running." EVERY single time!

There is nothing I can do at that upstart scene to avoid the game crashing. And judging from all the others who have the same problem here, this is definetely a BUG! I hope this will be corrected very soon so we can get a chance to try this game out.

Edited on 12/07/2009 at 7:44:03 PM PST

[Post New]by ila1212 on Dec 8, 09 2:35 AM
Absolutely, I agree, Annatar

[Post New]by Namco_Support on Dec 8, 09 7:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We are looking at the problem as we speak. Hopefully I'll have some news for you as soon as I hear back from our test team.

The main obstacle in addressing this problem right now is that we are not able to reproduce this issue in our office.

Keep sending us any information that might help and thanks again for your patience.

[Post New]by ila1212 on Dec 9, 09 3:35 AM
After uninstalled the game, I tried downloading it from producer. The same happened. A short message saying: "game stops working and will be closed". Nothing else, not a code or other indications. Sorry.

[Post New]by bibemma on Dec 9, 09 5:33 AM
The same thing to me. After player's name and OK ...CRASH!!!

[Post New]by july10th on Dec 9, 09 3:04 PM
Same problem with me - every time I click on the name "Miranda" in order to change it to my name and press "Enter", or when I directly click on "OK", the game crashes on me.

And yeah, my notebook meets all the requirements. Never had problems with any other game from bigfishgames.

[Post New]by scrabs on Dec 11, 09 1:51 PM
Same problem here. I tried the trial version on two different computers: one (desktop) with winxp sp2 (ATI) and one (laptop) with Vista Home edition (NVidia). The same error gets produced on both:

I can install the game, it starts normal, i can type in another name but when i click on 'ok', the game crashes with 'runtime error'.

I have several bigfish games but never had that problem before.

[Post New]by doodleto on Dec 12, 09 12:34 PM
Haven't messaged before, hope I am in the right box. Just to add that I too am having freezing/crashing problems with game. Just reinstalled and still same problem. This is unusua. Can't remember the last time I had a problem with any game from Big Fish which has been many, many !!

Go to: