Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,298 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot (PC) here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 9, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 10/10/2016 at 7:34:51 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,757 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 9, 16 6:47 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to Sir Match-a-Lot Help. Using Sir Match-a-Lot Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Sir Match-a-Lot Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team HERE.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 11:20:03 AM PST

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Feb 9, 16 4:41 PM
I foolishly downloaded yet another faulty [Removed by Moderator] game from BigFIsh. getting sick of problems. i tried this game for 3 minutes and now nothing else will play, saying "another game is running" BUT THERE IS NOT! I am so sick of these problems.
I tried to uninstall it but says "another game is running" again NO THERE IS NOT!!
I shutdown everything and still it is saying this.

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT.

Edited on 02/09/2016 at 5:05:34 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 9, 16 5:05 PM
Hi AnnaGP,

I'm sorry to hear a technical issue came up in the game. When technical problems occur, we recommend taking a look at our help articles. The following help article has steps that can help when this sort of problem comes up:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these steps don't help resolve the issue, we encourage reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always more than happy to help, and can provide additional troubleshooting steps.

The Forum Moderation Team definitely wants to make sure everyone can use their games without encountering technical problems. However, let's all make sure to please keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Feb 10, 16 12:29 AM
AnnaGP wrote:I foolishly downloaded yet another faulty <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">[Removed by Moderator]</a> game from BigFIsh. getting sick of problems. i tried this game for 3 minutes and now nothing else will play, saying "another game is running" BUT THERE IS NOT! I am so sick of these problems.
I tried to uninstall it but says "another game is running" again NO THERE IS NOT!!
I shutdown everything and still it is saying this.

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT.

Control alt delete, for the taskmanager, then you will see the game running under the tab processes. Click on the name and stop the proces.

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Feb 10, 16 2:24 PM

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 2:56:49 PM PST

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Feb 10, 16 3:25 PM
I thought I saw that for 1500 coins, I could upgrade to a little man whose life never went away. So I got my 1500 coins and clicked on the upgrade and my 1500 coins went away and I received 1 life, which I promptly lost. Now I have no lives and no money. Can someone help with this?

Thanks,
Beckster

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say that I am playing on a tablet with Windows 8.

Edited on 02/10/2016 at 3:30:03 PM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,204 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Feb 11, 16 3:33 PM
G'day Beckster,

I am sorry to see that there has been some trouble with Sir Match-a-Lot and some of the items that can be unlocked in the game.

I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support for further assistance. If you happen to recall which character or item it was that would help us get to the bottom of this for you.

Troubleshooting technical issues requires some information about the system which cannot be collected here in the forums and this is why we refer people to the help pages, and our Customer Support team.

AnnaGP further to bfgPanthalassa's post when a message pops up to say "Another Game is Already Running" even though nothing is appearing on the screen, it usually means that the game launched and then crashed as a result of a miscommunication between it and the system it is being run on. This can often be resolved with some routine updates.

The steps in the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article are the most relevant to this issue and I would strongly recommend giving them a try, especially if there are similar issues with more than one game,

Our help articles are great first step to get you back up and running without having to reach out to Customer Support . If the issues continue after trying these steps our team will be more than happy to work with you one on one.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 02/11/2016 at 3:36:56 PM PST

[Post New]by 2pointysticks on Feb 13, 16 8:25 PM
I simply can't find the exit button for this game. It's not on the main levels screen, or in the menu ("list" image button on main screen). I didn't go through all the sub-menus, because if it's in a sub-menu, well...that's just ridiculous. I had to End Task to get out of it.

didn't receive everlasting life?!

[Post New]by cbcraig10 on Feb 13, 16 9:19 PM
I am using a PC with windows 7. I earned 965 coins playing the game & purchased 570 coins for $6.99 (club price) which gave me enough to buy everlasting life. However, I didn't get everlasting life, and I still have to wait for the lives to regenerate at the same rate (15 minutes = 1 life). While a life is regenerating the game no longer offers everlasting life, but you can buy 4 lives for 140 coins. So I have no idea what the 1500 coins bought? I see I am not the only one that has experienced this problem.

treklady1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by treklady1 on Feb 14, 16 9:07 PM
When I run out of moves during a game and spend 75 coins to spin, if I get an extra life it adds it to my life total. But if I do not continue the level, a life is deducted from what my total was BEFORE I won the extra life. So, if I had 3 lives, won a fourth life on the spin, then did not continue the level, I end up with 2 lives instead of 3. This has happened time and time again. This last time I purchased 2 spins for a total of 150 coins, won a life each time (2 lives) which gave me a total of 5 lives. However, when I exited the level, I was left with 3 lives. VERY annoying!!! This happens constantly.

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
599 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Feb 16, 16 12:19 PM
2pointysticks wrote:I simply can't find the exit button for this game. It's not on the main levels screen, or in the menu ("list" image button on main screen). I didn't go through all the sub-menus, because if it's in a sub-menu, well...that's just ridiculous. I had to End Task to get out of it.

I have found the exit "door" in the Gear menu. I hope this helps you as well.

Mamacass14

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Feb 19, 16 3:22 PM
moonryu wrote:I have encountered the game freezing sometimes when I have clicked the crazy head thing to see if I can win extra moves, coins or lives. The only way when this happens to exit the game is to X out of it (upper right corner X). This is really annoying because not only have I lost my progress but if I was literally 1 move away from winning the level, I have to start that level over.

Update:
I did some more 'testing' and found the freezing for the Crazy Head usages almost always happens in the special task / side trails in Witchville. i.e. when going for the Tavern, Crypt (Bone), and Ship).

[/equote]

I am having this same problem. I only see it in Witchville as Moonryu said. It seems to happen most frequently the first time I spin the wheel after starting to play. I have won hearts, coins, and moves and then had the wheel freeze. Only way I have found to get out of it is to close the game in Task Manager as the "X" in the corner is also frozen in my game. Thanks for any help with this!

Beckster

Arachnea
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Arachnea on Feb 20, 16 2:21 AM
Hi,

I was trying to buy some gold, but it doesn't work, even when I run the game as administrator. Whichever package I choose, I get the same message: "The request is being processed..." but nothing happens. I don't get the usual window to purchase the coins.

So, I was wondering is there were others with the same problem, in which case the devs would fix it, or if it was just on my end. If the latter, I would like to know if there's another way to buy coins from BFG ?

[Post New]by waterdragon3 on Feb 20, 16 9:10 AM
my game freezing when using the spinning head on side games. I have to end task to get out.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Feb 21, 16 1:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed that once the 4 villains have been slain, the clock resets, but does not count down correctly. It does go down, but very slowly. Is this because you can only complete the quest once in a 24 hour period? or is it a glitch?

I'm on a windows 10 PC

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Feb 21, 16 4:18 PM
jack7242 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that once the 4 villains have been slain, the clock resets, but does not count down correctly. It does go down, but very slowly. Is this because you can only complete the quest once in a 24 hour period? or is it a glitch?

I'm on a windows 10 PC

It's once in a 24 hour period. Once you defeat the four monsters that countdown is now in hours and minutes, not minutes and seconds. Most bonuses in the game (Sign in, Villains & Firefly accommodation) are all once a day.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Feb 21, 16 5:40 PM
anubischick wrote:
jack7242 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that once the 4 villains have been slain, the clock resets, but does not count down correctly. It does go down, but very slowly. Is this because you can only complete the quest once in a 24 hour period? or is it a glitch?

I'm on a windows 10 PC

It's once in a 24 hour period. Once you defeat the four monsters that countdown is now in hours and minutes, not minutes and seconds. Most bonuses in the game (Sign in, Villains & Firefly accommodation) are all once a day.

OK, thanks for that, thought my game was on a go slow, but as usual it's just me!

shepo1
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shepo1 on Feb 22, 16 10:26 AM
wheel freezes in witchville got log out to get out of it

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,681 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Feb 22, 16 11:40 AM
after finishing the first section and the wizard appears, my mouse froze to the screen and all I could do was move the entire kingdom screen around. So will try to "task manager" exit out and begin again

Go to: