Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Sir Match-a-Lot here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 9, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/09/2016 at 6:46:16 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sir Match-a-Lot here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 9, 16 6:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sir Match-a-Lot here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sir Match-a-Lot.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LD3333 on Feb 9, 16 8:56 AM
I was surprised at this developer, who makes excellent wide-screen Hidden Object games turning their creativity to a simplistic small-screen Match-3. Though colorful, the limited moves won't appeal to most players. It looks like a mobile port. I played to Level 10 and found the mechanics very average. Nothing special so I uninstalled it. I was hoping for a new game to use my coupon on today.

[Post New]by sweetcupcakes on Feb 9, 16 11:06 AM
[b]I found this game very confusing. Well not so much as what to do when you go in but to get to the next level.I mean they go right along then after a certain level they are explaining about other things you can earn but it does not go back to where you left off. Then the screen is so much smaller compared other match 3 games. Why on earth did you come out with another game that you have to buy coin? I won't be buying this game. the graphics and color is great but it is very boring.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Feb 9, 16 2:40 PM
I also found this silly game to be very confusing. So much going on that isn't necessary, little creatures popping up here and there, monsters to fight with no idea how to do so and winning mostly by accident, getting prizes for some unknown reasons and by the time I reached level 19 and it told me I lost and had to try again....I uninstalled the game and said goodbye forever to such a waste of time. I wish someone would concentrate more on updating the games already offered that are perhaps worth a dollar or two to continue. Certainly not this one.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Feb 9, 16 7:46 PM
I hate all games where I have to complete a level in a specified time or a certain number of moves, Too hard on a old person's nerves.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Feb 10, 16 3:14 AM
played the demo, everything is so confusing, set amount of moves, need to fight monsters, presents popping on paw tree stumps !!, cards to be placed somewhere else, upgrading, etc,etc, and to top it all there's real money to be spent here, another FTP game where they want you to spend more than its worth, a no go for me..

[Post New]by Snowdragon_23 on Feb 10, 16 8:36 AM
Sir Match-a-Lot is 'a-lot' like gummy drop with more intentional cuteness and more of a magical theme. I have to say I like it quite a bit.
I would say the game trades a little bit of polish for cuteness, but overall works the same as gummy drop.
This is the kind of game that will get updated so maybe they will add some screen customization, as I also like to play the games windowed instead of full screen and the windowed screen size is a bit small.
I prefer to play limited moves so I like that too.
* There are some cute "sticker" purchases which are likely to get kids in trouble with some real money charges. Just be warned if you have kids that might be playing on your account... Parents probably already have safeguards in place, but if you don't now is the time. *
If you hate all F2P and limited moves games then pass on this one.
If you like cute games and/or you play gummy drop then definitely check this one out too.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 10, 16 2:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to drop by to thank everyone for their reviews here, and do know that we'll be sharing your feedback and concerns with the appropriate teams.

Specifically regarding any purchases that kids might make - we recommend signing out of the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) as well as the Big Fish Games site to prevent unwanted or unauthorized purchases. If anyone attempts to make a purchase while you are signed out, they will be prompted to sign in before that can happen.

In any case, however, do rest assured that we encourage you to contact our Customer Support Team HERE if any such charges arise. Our Reps will be provide any assistance available.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by snloneill on Mar 10, 16 3:50 AM
I love this game Little Sir Match a Lot is so cute

[Post New]by tnflipflops on Mar 29, 16 5:36 PM
I REALLY liked Sir Match-a-Lot, no issues except that I am now flying around on a
Griffin hoping to LAND REAL SOON for more fun,love it!!!

[Post New]by squidferbrains on Apr 23, 16 3:13 PM
I have not one bad word for this game... I LOVE it. I have had no cause to spend any * mortal money * as yet. have run out of coins a few times but have just replayed earlier levels and built them up again. Also.... and not many people comment on this but this is the only game I havent had to turn the annoying music off... its actually quite relaxing. It was a bit confusing to start with what with the monsters and the cards etc but hey........ Its a match 3 game ppl its not rocket science!!!! I gave it a chance and now in the second world and completely hooked. Thanks devs.

[Post New]by croweslover on Apr 25, 16 10:28 PM
I love match 3 games and F2P games so this one made me happy for both....I have completely finished all 3 worlds and am now hoping there will be another update soon for the 4th world!!!! Can't wait!!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 28, 16 12:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post their thoughts on Sir Match-a-Lot. We are glad to hear that players are enjoying the content within the game. The Moderation team will continue to pass along any feedback of our games to the appropriate teams.

It is definitely understandable that players would love more content in a game that is enjoyable. While the Moderation Team doesn't receive any advance notice as to when an update is available, we will definitely update the Forums if any information is known. If an update is available to players, we will post in the following thread:

UPDATE! New version available for Sir Match-a-Lot! April 1, 2016

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by cinziamaestri on May 1, 16 2:41 PM
I like this game very much, intriguing, not too difficult, but not very easy... Something magic in the history and new cartoons in the update
It is possible to re-play the first levels if you are out of coins, new troll world is very nice, hope in another update for a fourth world, great game!

Where's the next world?

[Post New]by CCR4EVR on May 5, 16 10:28 AM
Have finished the third world 2 weeks ago, when is the 4th world coming out?

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on May 16, 16 12:50 PM
I'm surprised too see the less than positive reviews.

I have never been a particular fan of match 3 games because they tend to be boring. But the developers here have upped their game so it does have enough elements to hold your interest. It's a sweet game. It's not rocket science but when you complete a level you feel happy. Thumbs up!

FOURTH WORLD????

[Post New]by CCR4EVR on May 20, 16 6:25 AM
When is the 4th world going to be out; have finished world 3 a month ago - Sir Match-a-Lot is starting to get boring.......

LMcCrary
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by LMcCrary on May 27, 16 6:16 PM
I have now played through all three worlds and am eagerly awaiting the 4th. I have to say that this is my favorite match three game ever. I would happily buy this game (and would very much like to so I can play offline if I want to). I am going to list what I like, and then what I would like to see changed if the game becomes for sale (I would buy as is, but would very much like those things I list).
What I like:
1. That there are several types of goals present (butterflies, pets, bubbles) in the levels. Completing each requires a different strategy, so it keeps the game interesting.
2. That each level in each world can be played at least three times with different rewards, and different levels of difficulty. That's a lot of rounds of play per world. Some levels can be replayed multiple times to collect fireflies rather than spend coins on them. It is one of the *longest* M3 games I've ever played--and it's free!
3. It's visually interesting and the animated graphics are cute. I like that there's no boring story to get through to progress.
4. I found the limited moves don't get in the way of play, especially as one becomes more experienced and discovers what strategies work on which levels. The lives reset pretty quickly when you do need to replay rounds to advance.
5. In the un-numbered levels (side quests) it's nice to have some easy play.
Changes I would like in a paid version of the game:
1. Multiple player capability--not to give to anyone else, but so I can replay under a different name without losing my progress through the worlds.
2. The ability to re-play separate worlds. Right now the reset resets all worlds in the game.
3. That game points earned actually get you something rather than just being a growing number. I can't find any reward for high scores.
4. That boosts not used on a board when playing a level carry over to new levels, especially if I purchased them. It's annoying to see them all explode at the end of the level since all they do is get us a useless high score.
5. At the beginning of each level, when they offer you the chance to purchase boosts, the boosts appearing for sale should only be ones that work on that level. It would be nice to have a "These boosts might be helpful on this board" list at the beginning of each level.
6. I want it to be easier to find rare firefly cards. Right now they appear almost never, and so it's hard to collect the whole set.
7. The ability to purchase gear to make a knight live.

[Post New]by applecove on Jun 9, 16 6:22 AM
I really LOVED this game until the latest update ruined the game for me. It was a lot of fun to pick the treasure chests each day for my bonus. Now the treasure chests are gone! Also, there was a tree in each world where the fireflies hung out and each day you could click on the tree and you would receive a bonus from the tree in each world.

I am do disappointed in the new update. I also do not like way the game looks after the update.

Also, on the island, there is not enough opportunity to earn fireflies to open the next part of the trail.

Unfortunately, due to the new update, I am losing interest in this wonderful game. I wish I could go back to before the update and just keep the 1st three worlds to play. I am so very unhappy!!!

Go to: