bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Getting a "Component Flash10b.ocx" error? Please read

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 7, 09 10:39 AM
Hi folks!

We've had a few users report that they've been getting the following error:

Component Flash10b.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid.

If you're receiving this error, this indicates that Flash 10 Active X is not installed and without it, the game cannot launch.

If you are experiencing this error, please either uninstall and reinstall your game through Internet Explorer (it will not work using Firefox) or manually update Flash.

You can find information about uninstalling/reinstalling by clicking here (remember, do this in Internet Explorer).

Or, you can find information about updating Flash by clicking here

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Getting a "Component Flash10b.ocx" error? Please read

[Post New]by phatkhat on Dec 8, 09 9:34 PM
Well, gee. You guys need to put something on the game page that you can only download the game with IE. I wasted a half hour downloading it with FF, and now it doesn't work. Sigh.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 9, 09 5:34 AM
phatkhat wrote:Well, gee. You guys need to put something on the game page that you can only download the game with IE. I wasted a half hour downloading it with FF, and now it doesn't work. Sigh.

You only have to use IE if you don't already have flash 10 active X. I used Fire Fox and my game works fine.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Dec 9, 09 5:59 AM
This is a message I received when I first tried to download the game, but I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and everything worked fine. I had all the flash updates etc installed, so I don`t know why I received this message.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Dec 15, 09 4:52 PM
It would have been handy to know this before I wasted 240mb dowloading. Now I have to wait till Jan to d/l again

[Post New]by WOZINAC on Dec 15, 10 4:10 PM
I agree with the comments relating to: I'd wish I'd known before downloading / wasting time, etc'.

Would Big Fish please consider a simple prompt before downloading alond the lines of:

You are about to download a large file there are Known Issues with this file for people using X Browser +/- Y Operating System, further info can be found by searching on the Known Issues tab.

Then have a Known Issues tab, with selections for OS, Browser & Game.

It is very hard for those with small quotas +/- little technical ability and is at odds with an otherwise great interface and well maintained systems.

Thank you

[Post New]by lovetoplaytoo on Jan 31, 11 8:26 PM
After downloading (and I am not stupid) three times the way Big Fish advise I am still not getting the game!!!
I have bought over 20 games and never had this problem before - please put it right!! or - refund money taken and I will chose another game

Go to: