Download/Install Error

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Download/Install Error

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Dec 7, 09 3:07 PM
I've tried downloading this 4 times now. It pretends to download and install and then it starts downloading it again. So the game never actually installs. I tried from both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I already had 2 games from BFG on my computer. And I uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager and it still did the same thing.

I'm so tired of game managers. It's becoming such a joke.

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

Re:Download/Install Error

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 7, 09 3:09 PM
Hi SolarEclipse,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing download issues, especially after trying some troubleshooting on your own. I'd suggest to go ahead and contact our Customer Support team from the link on the right side of this page - "We're Here to Help!"

Please just let them know what troubleshooting steps you've tried and they can offer some further suggestions. They will always be happy to help sort out any issues you run into.

I hope this helps!

bfgEuphrates

[Post New]by hpkitkat on Dec 7, 09 3:18 PM
Hi just to say I am having the same problem, really would like to play this game, hope they fix it soon

[Post New]by countrynana on Dec 7, 09 3:40 PM
I am having the same problem, I have tried three times now.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Dec 7, 09 3:43 PM
Thanks to bfgEuphrates for responding so quickly.

But I think it's an error on BFG's end because I was just able to download and install "The Dark Hills of Cherai" without error and the game works.

So something's not working right.

[Post New]by cdnwoman2002 on Dec 7, 09 4:26 PM
I too am having the same error. It has been over 5 minutes for "saving", now it is trying to reinstall again. Any chance this will be getting fixed anytime soon?

[Post New]by crzyjrzychk on Dec 7, 09 5:11 PM
I can't download the game either. It gets near the end of the download, stops downloading and I have to start it all over again and get to the end with the same problem.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 7, 09 5:14 PM
I too am having this problem. Customer Support said to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager, and they also sent me a batch file that clears the Big Fish cache in the Game Manager. Neither worked, so they gave me a game credit.

Download/Install Error

[Post New]by flor_bsb on Dec 7, 09 5:26 PM
I am having the same problem, I have tried four times now.

[Post New]by deadheadpa on Dec 7, 09 5:29 PM
I'm having downloading problems with every game. Did everything that I could.
Been a member for a while now. I think its on their end!!! Ended my membership!!

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Dec 7, 09 5:47 PM
Still not working. I tried downloading for a 5th time.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 7, 09 5:49 PM
I think I've probably tried to download this game approximately 15 times today. Still no go. I think it's definitely a glitch on the side of Big Fish. Hopefully they will address this problem soon, as I was eager to try the game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 7, 09 9:58 PM
I didn't get an error, but just to mention that this game took longer to download than any game I ever bought, some much longer files. over40 minutes on high speed cable. I expected it to stop and start over but finally finished. It runs fine on my Vista laptop so far.

Later I installed it on my pc with XP, older machine with a quarter of the RAM as the desktop. Took the usual 6 to 7 minutes. Maybe too much traffic the first time, usually the laptop is faster, so I just wondered what else could take a slow download other than traffic. I usually load all my games and play on the laptop so hope it wasn't something wrong with it and have to only play this one on the pc.

mamas1945
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mamas1945 on Dec 8, 09 3:03 AM
i had the same problem the game just keeps going back to download and won't install i have tried 5 times

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Dec 8, 09 7:00 AM
I have the same problem. Tried 5 times, pretends to install, then starts installing again. I won't buy without trying.

[Post New]by jodi327 on Dec 8, 09 8:44 AM
Have tried for 2 days to download game, just as everyone else, it just keeps downloading over and over again. Have downloaded and played several other games at same time and they work fine. Quite disappointing

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 8, 09 8:45 AM
It's still not working this morning; I just tried again. Any other game I have tried to download and install here on Big Fish in the last 24 hours works perfectly, including ones of a comparable file size.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Dec 8, 09 9:43 AM
I just had the same thing happen to me and it is not the first time there has been a problem with the BFG downloading process. When I realize how many hours I've wasted, I am really close to giving up on downloading games completely.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 8, 09 11:16 AM
Same here.

Come on BFG .. get it sorted please.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Dec 8, 09 1:20 PM
We are investigating. We cannot get it to fail here, but with this many posts there is something awry...we will find it and when we do we will post here.

PIcman

Edited on 12/08/2009 at 2:00:06 PM PST

Go to: