Game shuts down in the middle of a level

[Post New]by FarfalleAlfredo on Dec 7, 09 3:55 PM
I've been playing Fairy Jewels 2 for a while and I'm near the end, but the last couple days, the game keeps shutting down in the middle of a level. I'll play for about 10 minutes then the game quits. I'll reopen it, get to finish the level, but during the next level, it quits again. No warning or anything, it's just a sudden "poof" and the game is gone.

Any ideas?

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

Re:Game shuts down in the middle of a level

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 9, 09 1:22 PM
Hi FarfalleAlfredo,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that your game is crashing on you like you explained, that's never good to hear. From what you posted, it sounds like you might be able to correct those errors by doing some quick, free updates to the graphics software on your computer.

If you need any help with those updates, please see the following help page article:

Frequent Crashing of Game

If you still have issues though, please continue past that help article and click on the "Still Need Help?" link on the left side of that page. One of our awesome Customer Support representatives will be more than happy to help!

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

[Post New]by FarfalleAlfredo on Dec 9, 09 8:36 PM
I did all that, and it still crashes. My display drivers are current, and I tried un installing and re installing the game, I was able to play barely a minute before it shut down again.

[Post New]by cwiddie on Nov 26, 10 9:32 AM
Exactly the same thing is happening to me too! checked all my drivers are up to date.... very frustrated!
The game will not play past level 56...

Edited on 11/26/2010 at 10:14:20 AM PST

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Nov 27, 10 11:06 AM
I keep crashing on level 56 as well

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Nov 27, 10 8:27 PM
The game just went black and disappeared on me a couple of times. Very annoying. My progress was not lost, however, and I was able to complete the game. I got frustrated with the last level and just skipped it as I had plenty of lives to expend.

[Post New]by kaalee on Dec 8, 10 7:12 PM
Same thing is happening to me. It is in the upper levels, but it is just like when the hour trial ends on other games. Has a solution been found or do I need to get a credit for a different game that works without problems?

[Post New]by suanjega on Dec 18, 10 1:30 PM
Mine does that too. I have reached the end and am starting over. When it shuts down, unfortunately it uses my extra lives. That part stinks but.... Was not aware that I could request a credit. Hmmmm.... Interesting. That may be something I check into.

Edited on 12/18/2010 at 1:32:50 PM PST

bwana50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bwana50 on Dec 25, 10 12:40 PM
my games does the same thing... just *poof* and it's gone... I can restart the game immediately and replay the level... but it get quite frustrating.

[Post New]by forevergaming on Jan 19, 11 4:22 PM
I loved the 1st one and want to play the 2nd, but I can't even open it to play. What should I do. I've downloaded it 3 times with no action.

forevergaming

baylor45
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by baylor45 on Mar 6, 11 3:21 PM
Mine keeps crashing too. Any fixes yet?

[Post New]by minimum91739 on Jul 24, 11 3:34 PM
cwiddie wrote:Exactly the same thing is happening to me too! checked all my drivers are up to date.... very frustrated!
The game will not play past level 56...

[Post New]by minimum91739 on Jul 24, 11 3:37 PM
baylor45 wrote:Mine keeps crashing too. Any fixes yet?

I even tried starting all over, that didn't help either!! Need a fix for this problem, my drivers and such are all upto date and this computer is only 2 months old.

phreec
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phreec on Aug 22, 12 6:51 PM
Yep, same here, too...
i'm 17m into the trial and *poof*, gone, back to the game manager, and have to "play again;" several times now, so i came here to see if anyone else is having the same issue...glad to know i'm not alone! i didn't think to check if it's taking extra lives, but it is definitely keeping my progress.
i also have checked all of my graphics and drivers, etc, and everything is up-to-date, so i know those aren't causing it...
i just found Fairy Jewels 1 & 2 today, and would like to buy both; i'll hang on to the trial for a bit in case the issue is resolved, but i'm REALLY disappointed right now, not being able to continue...hope that changes soon!!

p.s.- just read back to the first mention of this issue, and it's kind of disheartening to see how long it's been a problem...has anyone gotten a resolve of any kind (refund or fix) yet?

Edited on 08/22/2012 at 6:54:13 PM PST

Go to: