ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

Gold and Coal Mines - Railroad expansion - please help!!

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Dec 8, 09 10:41 AM
Please help me, I am slowly being driven mad. I'm on the second railroad expansion and I can't build another coal or gold mine. I've found all the seams, I've irrigated around them in case there's something wrong with the ground. I've checked the blue prints, I have enough resources, but when I try to place them they won't turn green and keep saying they are obstructed. Arrrrgggggghhhhhhh. Help. Please. Help.

I want to progress, as I lurrrrrrve this game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Gold and Coal Mines - Railroad expansion - please help!!

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 8, 09 12:15 PM
ruthiepic wrote:Please help me, I am slowly being driven mad. I'm on the second railroad expansion and I can't build another coal or gold mine. I've found all the seams, I've irrigated around them in case there's something wrong with the ground. I've checked the blue prints, I have enough resources, but when I try to place them they won't turn green and keep saying they are obstructed. Arrrrgggggghhhhhhh. Help. Please. Help.

I want to progress, as I lurrrrrrve this game.

Are you in the Main Town or the Expansion Town?
Most liekly there's a tree in the way, and you need to use TNT to remove it.

But it may mean a different strategy--it will depend where you are, so if you can be more specific, we can help more.

Also, are you playing as Anne or Henry? The geography is different, so the answers may be, too.

Robin

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

Re:Gold and Coal Mines - Railroad expansion - please help!!

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Dec 8, 09 1:49 PM
I'm in the main town. I have worked it out. You have to chip away at the seam by hand until a wooden surround arrives on the seam, then you can place the mine. I had forgotten this from the tutorial. And I only realised this once I had deleted all my files and reinstalled, so I have to start again now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your suggestions

Edited on 12/08/2009 at 1:50:27 PM PST

mcac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Gold and Coal Mines - Railroad expansion - please help!!

[Post New]by mcac on Apr 27, 12 8:37 AM
THANK YOU RUTHIEPIC!!!!!!!
I had the same problem and I had also forgotten about that!

Go to: