kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Dark Manor- suggestions/requests for the developers

[Post New]by kim0530 on Apr 14, 14 2:09 AM
Since the majority of the players are at a higher level, I'm not sure if this would be helpful but ever since level 62, there's nothing unlocked. Every level should at least have something to unlocked (like enigmas, ornaments, walkers or attraction) to give people something to work at. But the important question that I have is this: What happens when people reach level 99? What then? Are we going to able to go inside the mansion? What deep dark secrets does the mansion hold? I'm thinking of having a Halloween party in October and would like to give some lucky neighbor a special gift other then gifts from the free or premium.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Apr 14, 14 5:07 PM
Scene suggestion: under the deep bowels of the manor -- dark catacombs lined with the bones of DM ancestors. Wall sconces of dripping candle wax flickering light on the shadows of stacked bones and shimmering off golden religious relics.

[Post New]by irishlace1122 on Apr 15, 14 3:54 AM
April 15, 2014

After doing Update cannot open game. error: Access Violation at 0X132B9BF7 Tried to read from 0X0A198184. Program Terminated.

This is very bad cannot get into game at all. I hate then Dark Manor does updates and you cannot get into the game. I have spent money on this game and after updates it is not working. I wish there was a number you could call for support.

[Post New]by ManderleyWay on Apr 15, 14 8:45 AM
Could you please PLEASE remove the "skip for 5 gold" button from challenges where you can only collect 100 silver? There is no way anyone's going to use that on purpose, so it feels like it's designed to con people out of their gold. I've hit it accidentally twice, and customer support did nothing for me.

khalox
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by khalox on Apr 15, 14 8:54 AM
ManderleyWay wrote:Could you please PLEASE remove the "skip for 5 gold" button

Or at least an "Are you sure?" question would be nice.

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 8:55:17 AM PST

Crliles
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Crliles on Apr 15, 14 9:37 AM
Please fix the Energy counter! Do not add and new features. Fix the problems. I am getting real tied of quiting and restarting the game to get the energy that should be adding up.
666 Deadwood

beezelbom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by beezelbom on Apr 15, 14 10:22 AM
My son wanted to play the game with his own account but because he would have to use my computer it will not allow it. My question is why the heck not?
What does it matter how many people use a computer if they all have separate accounts. Not everyone can afford two or three computers in their household.
If there is a way to do this please won't someone tell me?

[Post New]by edogawaranpo on Apr 15, 14 2:35 PM
Kirland wrote:Scene suggestion: under the deep bowels of the manor -- dark catacombs lined with the bones of DM ancestors. Wall sconces of dripping candle wax flickering light on the shadows of stacked bones and shimmering off golden religious relics.

Sounds wonderful! Wish you were a DM developer.

Memento Mori

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 15, 14 5:15 PM
Please add a Delete All button for Neighbor Invites.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 18, 14 1:53 AM
I'm at level 64 with just under 400 neighbors. I visit each one daily but no longer have time to play their blitzes. I have over 2000 energy and over 50 energy gifts.

The problem is that I probably have gifts that I can't see and should be sending gifts in return. Since I can't see, I can't send gifts. Fix this.

BJgothic
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BJgothic on Apr 18, 14 12:20 PM
beezelbom wrote:My son wanted to play the game with his own account but because he would have to use my computer it will not allow it. My question is why the heck not?
What does it matter how many people use a computer if they all have separate accounts. Not everyone can afford two or three computers in their household.
If there is a way to do this please won't someone tell me?

You should be able to log out of your manor and your son can start another. He would need a different FB account tho. If your not connected to FB i don't know if that would work.

upthkazo2
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by upthkazo2 on Apr 18, 14 12:40 PM
DO something about the energy clock!!
[b]I have had this problem since DECEMBER 2013[b].
At first when it was fixed through CS, it would work for a week or two, then it went to three or four days. Now it works for 2-3 hours. So I have given up trying.
I have to log out of DM and wait a couple of hours while my energy builds up to 50. then I can go back in and play two HO scenes. The only other way I get energy is from my ??? machines, or my neighbours will gift me.
I would really like to have this fixed. I know I have been very patient about this, but even nice people come to the end of the rope!

upthkazo2 at Scamps Hollow

I play on a Pc windows7

Edited on 04/18/2014 at 12:45:37 PM PST

[Post New]by Norwich3 on Apr 19, 14 4:28 AM
I would like to see a single list of gifts with a choice to send each one as one of my free gifts or to purchase. That way I could return the same gift I received even if I have used all of my free gifts.

panzer225
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by panzer225 on Apr 19, 14 8:00 AM
Create a new leprichan-if you have 5 of the little people,one turns to orange,and when he turns on a machine,the machine makes 5 gold bars.

panzer225
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by panzer225 on Apr 19, 14 8:05 AM
Create a new new circus with a path running thru it.On both sides of the path,you have games of chance,ring toss over bottles,dart board,soft ball throw at bottles,etc,etc.

wen3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wen3 on Apr 19, 14 8:34 AM
I hope that all my fellow players agree with me .... but I think it is time that Dark Manor nip ALL the Facebook questions in the bud! Yes some questions have been answered by a moderator but there are too many threads on the subject and it should be addressed all in one area!

I had linked both my mansions to Facebook before Dark Manor pushed for us to do so and I totally understand why they want us to do it (from the customer support side of it) but after reading some of the discussions on the subject, I have to admit I am a little spooked!
With that being said, I will address this request to Dark Manor!
PLEASE PROVIDE US PLAYERS WITH AN INFORMATION THREAD REGARDING LINKING TO FACEBOOK!
If you would like players to link to Facebook, you should supply us with all the information we need in order to make an informed decision on whether to do so! ... not just do it and you get a unicorn.

Some questions I would like to see addressed and I am sure my fellow players have some to add as well, are as follows:
1) Who sees what - depending on if you use a pc or ios?
2) What information is displayed?
3) Does Facebook privacy settings affect what is displayed? Public vs. Friends Only
4) Access to my personal Facebook page and information
5) Options setting for Game levels (something was mentioned about that)
6) Explain how to set up a FB account for just my mansion(s) and not my personal account
7) Anything and Everything I don't know about regarding linking my mansion to FB!

I certainly wasn't aware that my information was displayed on those using an ipad and it freaked me out, considering I use my daughter's FB page for one of my mansions! So it isn't just a matter of my privacy but my daughter's as well!

Addicted and Loving Dark Manor...but Freaked Out about my Privacy!

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Apr 23, 14 7:35 AM
Really appreciate being able to choose my mode of choice for the HO scenes without being charged 2 energy points. Also, being charged 15 energy AFTER the scene is very helpful for the times when the game freezes. I don't mind rebooting - it's losing the energy points that is frustrating. Thank you for those changes.

I understand that with the current instability of the game, adding new items is not likely, and I also thank you for that cautious approach. Better that we can all play the game than have new objects or games cause even greater instability.

Meanwhile, a couple of changes that would benefit players without adversely affecting the game would be more achievements, particularly for the higher level players. This would give us something fun to work on while you guys work on the bugs

Also, perhaps removing the "fog factor" on the split screen puzzles. The split screens are small and dark, and this makes finding the differences between the screens very difficult. I find I need to tap and click in places where there MIGHT be differences, and end up having to wait for the fog to clear to continue the process.

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Apr 23, 14 8:28 AM
Facebook: now that IOS players can see the real name and photo of players who have linked to FB, I would find it helpful to be able to identify IOS players so that as a PC player, I can delete them from my neighbour list. While I understand the advantages to having a FB 'backup' of each player's game, the privacy violations need to be addressed.

seasun
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by seasun on Apr 23, 14 3:00 PM
I love the idea of the "limited gifts" during special seasonal events or holidays. Easter would have been a wonderful time to be able to send a Lily... as a gift.

Which got me to thinking about flowers as gifts..... flowers have meanings in different cultures or parts of the world.... so a gift of an "Iris Flower" for example can be tied with a little research to a Fleur de Lis.....or Friendship...... a Snap Dragon .... to Deception....

which could also tie to the story line.

I do see the connection to the game with the Unicorn, Slot Machine with the cherries, bullet holes and bells....absolutely.... love it!!!! The mystery is what has me staying in..... just thought the flower or plant thing could also be worked in easily....seasonal gift or new ornament....
seasun
Seasons Wood

LordBalderdash
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by LordBalderdash on Apr 23, 14 3:23 PM
Dear Developers,

Here are some ideas that might be incorporated into the game:

a Season of Spring walker
yellow brick road paths
iron fencing painted red (or green or ...)
picket fencing
a chocolate fountain

The Hidden Objects puzzles are littered with objets d'art that could be repeated in the manor scene.
Many of these objects could fit on a 1x1 square.

Gargoyles
chests
tricycles
statues
harps
raccoons
armadillos

On a larger scale you gave us (for example) the Houqua, the Haunted Station, and a Gypsy wagon similar to "the Gypsy Tshilaba", and the Tunnel of Love. Now can we have

The Orrery (planet machine) from Druid's Revenge
The Pagoda from the Pagoda Incident
The Fountain from Wishes in a Fountain
Paul Bearer's car
The plane from Rough Landing etc?

A Maypole for May Day (1st of May)

Maybe a Mariachi walker for Cinco de Mayo (5th of May)? That would fit right in with the Brass Man that is already in the game.

Utterly,
Balderdash

Go to: