tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 18, 14 5:12 PM
AnonyMs111 wrote:I am not sure where to post this, so I'll ask here. I will be traveling in the near future and want to know how to play Midnight Castle on my laptop so I won't lose time in the game. How do I log into the same game from a different computer?

Thank you!
You have to get the game save off of your regular computer and transfer it into your laptop. I posted how to access application data that will help. It is under:

Can You Transfer Game Settings, Name & ID Number, to a New Computer?

And the link to the post:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/277334.page

[Post New]by AnonyMs111 on Apr 18, 14 5:39 PM
tazruby2000 THANK YOU!!!!!!

pinkdove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pinkdove on Apr 19, 14 2:27 AM
I haven't been able to find the solution to this problem I am having. I have been playing the midnight castle game for awhile now. I recently had to do a factory reset on my PC. When I re-downloaded the games App. to Big Fish then the online games that I was playing some were making me start at the beginning of the game and I lost all the progress that I had achieved in the game. Midnight Castle was one of the games I lost my progress in the game. Could someone please tell me how to retrieve the progress and get my levels back to where I was before. I have gotten some of them fixed but can't find the solution to this game. PLEASE HELP ME! I will appreciate any help I can get on this issue. Paulette Asbury

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

[Post New]by IKacey on Apr 19, 14 2:28 AM
I am also having major problems AGAIN. Are we going to have to go through this every 2 levels or so? Its not bad enough that now we have these long hugely expensive items with having to craft items for each site needed. Now all the items needed in the quest are from the same sites requiring the same items crafted making it impossible to get the quests done without oh Guess What purchases of money and diamonds and not in small amounts either, But NOW for the last 3 days the sites give nothing you are questing for. I can spend diamonds for each item needed to open the sites we don't have to craft for only to be given something useless for either of the two characters I'm questing for. Tonight I crafted the Fine Buckle for the 4th time in two days only to not be given the item I have been trying for for the 4th time This time things are beyond the bounds of logic and integrity. I really liked the game when it started but each concurring "UPDATE" has only caused more problems and is constantly requiring more items to be bought to get through the quests. I realize fully that the quests should get more difficult as we go but not like this. 4 Fine Buckles at a major cost to do and NO quest item? I am totally ready to quit!!! And it seems that I am not the only one having these difficulties. I know the developers and BFG want some cash return for their games and I am happy to do that to a reasonable level. But Hey what happened to the game is supposed to be fun and enjoyable to play not a stress generator every few days???? BFG I can't believe you are countenancing this kind of treatment of your customers!!!

[Post New]by flaxenhairedmaid on Apr 19, 14 12:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the game lets you get up to about level 21, and then all the problems start happening..so if you don't start spending tons of real money, you just won't progress in the game. Like Farmville and Yoville games on facebook...that's why Zigna games faced bankruptcy..people stopped playing..you got so many popups just to get you to 'click' on things to make up for what you don't spend in real money, it was about 2 minutes before you would even see your game screen! Obviously, this is why games like Midnight castle are "free" to download. They know they're going to get you frustrated enough to spend money after getting past level 20, that they don't mind losing the ones who refuse to fall into the trap. I've bought tons of their games..so it was nice to see a 'free' one turn up...but if you play by their rules. it will end up costing you much more than the games you pay for up front.
In other words, it's a scam.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Apr 19, 14 12:59 PM
kimy444 wrote:I

I've noticed several odd things, but don't know if there is a problem with the game or if this is the way it is supposed to be:

I RARELY, AND I MEAN VERY RARELY, GET THE ITEM I AM SUPPOSED TO GET WHEN SEARCHING FOR THE RESOURCES NEEDED TO CRAFT SOMETHING. IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE GIFTS I RECEIVE, I WOULD NEVER COME ACROSS SOME OF THE ITEMS AT ALL.

MANY TIMES I HAVE CRAFTED SOMETHING THAT DOSE'NT SHOW UP IN MY INVENTORY; IT'S JUST GONE, WHICH TENDS TO GET QUITE EXPENSIVE.

IF I AM WORKING ON THREE SEPARATE QUESTS FOR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS AT THE SAME TIME, THE SEARCH PATH ALWAYS TAKES ME TO THE SAME FEW PLACES; IE THE BOW FIGURINE, SIX PAW & THE CAULDRON. THIS MAKES IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPLETE ANY QUEST BECAUSE OF THE DEMAND FOR THE LIMITED RESOURCES. IN THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS I'VE TAKEN TO BUYING DIAMONDS TO PAY FOR THE ITEMS RATHER THAN WAITING FOR THEM TO SHOW UP AGAIN, WHICH COULD TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS.

WITH A VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS, THE AIRSHIP ALWAYS GIVES ME THE SAME THING: THE PIG FOOD AND BROWN TICKETS.

I ALWAYS RECEIVE THANK YOU NOTES FOR THE GIFTS I SEND, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM GET REGISTERED. THERE IS AT LEAST A 100 POINT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NUMBER OF GIFTS I'VE SENT AND THE NUMBER OF THANK YOU NOTES IN MY INVENTORY. HOW CAN THAT BE, SHOULDN'T THE NUMBER BE EXACTLY THE SAME?

ALTHOUGH I AM ON LEVEL 21, I HAVE NEVER BEEN REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN EGG TO SEARCH FOR ANYTHING OR CRAFT ANYTHING. AND, IN ALL THE TIME I HAVE BEEN PLAYING MC, I HAVE ONLY COME ACROSS TWO EGGS. HOWEVER, I'VE NOTICED FOR A LONG TIME THAT MANY PEOPLE IN LOWER LEVELS HAVE BEEN LISTING EGGS IN THEIR GIFT WISH LISTS. AGAIN, WHY WOULD THAT BE? WHY WOULD SOMEONE IN LEVEL 10, FOR EXAMPLE, BE ASKING FOR EGGS (TO PRESUMABLY COMPLETE A QUEST), WHEN I HAVE NEVER REQUIRED ANY? IS THE GAME DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE?

Someone, please respond asap. I love MC, but since discovering it in January, I have experienced, like many others, one problem after another.

I have noticed this too - the being sent to the same locations to get things, the new thing of having to craft an item to craft an item to craft an item to open a thing, all costing coins, the loss of coins from flowers etc, NOT getting the item you did a HOS for etc etc - I now suspect that this is a sign of the avarice of the BF bigwigs: trying to force you to buy coins to complete things. Seriously thinking of uninstalling and just playing regular HOGs.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 19, 14 4:47 PM
NOT A MAJOR PROBLEM BUT A VERY MADDENING ONE. I HAVE LOST AT LEAST 100 COINS THIS MORNING. DUE TO THE FACT THEY DON'T FALL AFTER I COLLECT 5 FLOWERS. IT WOULDN'T BE SO BAD BUT I AM SHORT OF COIN AFTER CRAFTING AND OPENING A NEW AREA. COINS LOST ONCE IN A WHILE I CAN LIVE WITH BUT WHEN IT HAPPENS 2 AND 3 TIMES IN A ROW IS UNACCEPTABLE. PLEASE FIX IT. I GET FRUSTRATED AND QUITE AND GO TO IWN AND PLAY GAMES THAT DON'T GLITCH ON ME.

Edited on 04/19/2014 at 4:49:53 PM PST

pinkdove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pinkdove on Apr 20, 14 10:26 PM
pinkdove wrote:I haven't been able to find the solution to this problem I am having. I have been playing the midnight castle game for awhile now. I recently had to do a factory reset on my PC. When I re-downloaded the games App. to Big Fish then the online games that I was playing some were making me start at the beginning of the game and I lost all the progress that I had achieved in the game. Midnight Castle was one of the games I lost my progress in the game. Could someone please tell me how to retrieve the progress and get my levels back to where I was before. I have gotten some of them fixed but can't find the solution to this game. PLEASE HELP ME! I will appreciate any help I can get on this issue. Paulette Asbury

So does anyone know what I can do with this issue or am I going to have to stop playing this game. I don't want to have to stop playing it I like it too much. But I don't want to start over again either. Please can someone please help me with this ISSUE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Thanks Paulette

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Apr 20, 14 11:17 PM
If you did a factory reset/re-install windows then all the games that store a game save on your computer would be removed. This games stores a game save on your computer. So there would be no way to recover a game save. Some of the other free-to-play games use a email address that can store the data for recovery. Some use the game manager log-in to save progress.

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 11:28:56 PM PST

lillie60
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lillie60 on Apr 21, 14 1:36 PM
I am getting so upset with this game every time I start playing it pops up can't find server. I hit retry about three times it comes back on I start to play in about five minutes into the game it pops up can't find server. Well the server is there or would not be typing to you. I really do like this game but I am not so sure it is worth getting upset over because I can't play like this. Can't you do something about this it has been going on for along time but it seems like the more higher the level I get the worse this problems gets. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem.

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on Apr 21, 14 5:15 PM
Any news yet on the update?

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 22, 14 9:47 AM
Hi All,

I'm just popping in to let you know that we are expecting an update to the game in the near future but we don't have an exact date of release yet.

We will definitely post here in the forums as soon as we have more information and we appreciate your patience while this is worked on by the developer.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 22, 14 11:48 AM
I was told by CS that there is an update coming, in "the next day or two", for the server connection issues, and assumed this was not the same as the new levels' update.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Apr 22, 14 12:39 PM
I can't get in the game I was playing an hour ago. I did all the steps to install the update but it says there is no update. What now?

[Post New]by uniplus on Apr 22, 14 12:47 PM
Today's update - got bumped out of game due to "update available". Tried updating manually - no luck.

Eneri
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Eneri on Apr 22, 14 12:49 PM
I was playing then wastold I had to update for my PC. I did what it told me to, but it said No Game Updates Available. Now what? I really enjoy this game ad hope it's not something major.

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on Apr 22, 14 12:54 PM
Same here! Hopefully it's just because the update is going on. Fingers crossed!

Freya

magdabella
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by magdabella on Apr 22, 14 12:58 PM
I am getting the message to download the update in game manager but when i do the manual check for updates, there is nothing available?

[Post New]by uniplus on Apr 22, 14 12:59 PM
FYI - For everyone having the update problems currently, I got a response that finishing touches are being put on the update now.

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 1:01:37 PM PST

[Post New]by CarolynWalker on Apr 22, 14 1:10 PM
Mine says no updates available when I do a manual search as well. Will try again tomorrow, maybe it will work then.. I hope. I really like this game even though I don't have friends on it lol

I spoke too soon. Its found the update now. Just hope it works :-)

Edited on 04/22/2014 at 1:16:08 PM PST

Go to: