bfgBellerophon
7,463 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 13, 17 8:28 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and help address the recent posts in this thread.

ReallyHelpless, please keep in mind that the Moderation Team doesn't have the ability to make any changes within the game. We will continue to advocate for the players and pass along these suggestions to the Midnight Castle teams. An in game save button is a great suggestion and if we are aware of any changes with this suggestion, we will update the forums for the players.

Grandma_Teddy, it is recommended to post in the following designated friend thread for Android as other players may be able to add your ID to their list.

Friends for Android

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions or suggestions. We are always happy to help!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Ceecee2000 on Feb 13, 17 8:45 PM
Just went to spin the Fortune Wheel when my game was gone. When I kept clicking on the Christmas cst icon it finally went through a download....back to the beginning! I'm on level 74 with over 500,000 coins, over 500 diamonds and all the pets. I don't have my ID number on my Kindle so can Big Fish help without it? Please help!

bfgPanthalassa
2,333 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 14, 17 12:01 PM
Hi Ceecee2000,

I understand that your Midnight Castle game disappeared, and I'm sorry to hear this! In this situation the Forum Moderation Team highly recommends reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with as much of the following information as possible:

- The player ID currently showing up on your device
- The username on your original game
- The level and avatar of your original game

Our Reps have access to the tools that are needed to look into the situation, and that information can help them make sure that they're able to provide the best possible assistance. They'll be happy to help, and steps for locating the ID currently appearing can be found in the following help article:

Finding Your In-Game ID

I hope that this information was able to help, and thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Ceecee2000 on Feb 14, 17 7:09 PM
Thanks so much for all your help ...I'm hoping to get my game back!

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Feb 16, 17 5:36 AM
Grandma_Teddy wrote:I don't know where to post this, but I am on level 17 in the android version of MC:

I am looking for friends; I love to gift, but I have no one to gift to; my ID# is

a809021

Hi Grandma Teddy,
Did you see the PM (private message) I sent you? Really

bfgBellerophon
7,463 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 16, 17 8:40 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

Ceecee2000, please be sure to reach out to the Support Team with the information that bfgPanthalassa mentioned. It is recommended to reply directly to every email received until your issue has been resolved.

Thank you ReallyHelpless for letting Grandma_Teddy aware that a PM contained information regarding their issue. I'm also going to include below the link to the friend code thread for Android:

Friends for Android

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding! If you have any questions, the Active Moderators are always willing to help.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by gcargueta on Feb 16, 17 5:21 PM
Hello, I've been playing this game for some time on my kindle fire. Multiple times I've had the system/game "restart" on is own in the middle of playing and I've lost all the coins, items I've earned over the last hr+. It's extremely frustrating. I just had this happen in the last 30 mins.

bfgPanthalassa
2,333 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 17, 17 8:59 AM
Hi gcargueta,

I'm sorry to hear that Midnight Castle has been randomly shutting off on your Kindle. To help prevent this from occurring again I recommend first ensuring that the game has been fully updated. We released a new update for the Kindle yesterday, and it can be found in the Amazon App store. If you'd like information on what this contains I encourage checking out the following post:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - February 16, 2017

Additionally, the steps in the following help article can be useful when the game is crashing, and I suggest giving them a try:

Games for Amazon Kindle

Whenever someone is coming across a persisting issue, or lost progress or items as a result of a technical issue, the Forum Moderation Team also recommends contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID. Our Reps can offer further, customized assistance, and they're certainly happy to help as best they can.

Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to let myself or another one of our active Moderators know if you have any questions or concerns.

bfgPanthalassa

Gemmam77
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Feb 17, 17 2:36 PM
Hi BFG Panthalassa,
Unfortunately the latest update has not addressed the crashing issues that we are experiencing, can you please give us some hope that a fix will be found soon.

athwick
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by athwick on Feb 18, 17 9:01 AM
Indeed, there has been no fix for the Kindle crashes with the latest update. I have noticed that less progress is lost after a crash; the game usually returns to the last HOS completed. However, today the crashes are coming frequently, and when I tried to clear the cache it was over 700kb, the highest I have ever seen it. What does this mean wrt game performance and crashing?

kthreads
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Feb 18, 17 2:12 PM
Nope no fix for me either. Played Cloud City, closing out my game and restarting it every 4 or 5 HOSs... it seemed to be okay, returning me to where I should be in the city for the next HOS. I did the last HOS, closed out before using the map to go to another area... and bam! I lost ALL my progress from Cloud City. All of it!
Sick of this.....
I lost 6 puzzle pieces and all my items coins progress and I did 2 tasks for my character quest to level up. Gone.
I'm ready to call it quits with Midnight Castle on my Kindles.

bfgIlinalta
1,587 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 19, 17 4:12 PM
Hello Gemmam77, athwick, and kthreads,

I'm sorry to hear that Midnight Castle still seems to be crashing even after that update. I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to want to play the game and find that there are still issues even after a recent update. What I recommend before contacting our Support Team to provide information that could assist the teams behind the game with resolving that issue is to see if the following preliminary troubleshooting steps can assist.

Some players are seeing success by trying the general troubleshooting steps for Kindle games in the following page:

Games for Amazon Kindle

If those steps do not seem to help, or you've already tried them to no success, we'd definitely like to hear more about the situation so we can update the right teams working on the game. Please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with your in-game ID, the model of the Kindle that is showing the issue, as well as what version of operating system that Kindle is running. Our Reps will quickly respond to let you know what has been done with that information, and I want to thank you in advance for helping the right teams investigate this issue further.

Thank you all for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Feb 20, 17 5:57 AM
The update did fix the problem with the private room, but not the random restarts with lost progress. Checked out trouble shooting steps again, but no new help there. The only thing that works is exiting the game and doing a force stop, but how often? There's no set time for the resets that I can figure out. This uncertainty sucks all the fun out of the game. Please don't bother responding to this post, unless there is something new to add. Maybe you could ask the technical guys if an in-game save button is even possible. If not, then I can at least stop holding my breath.

bcrevers
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by bcrevers on Feb 20, 17 6:49 AM
Yep crashing a great deal on my kindle too. I was excited about the amulets, but I can't complete the hour without a major crash, losing the whole hours play and having the ten part quest lost usually on the last section. An in game save button would make that far less painful. Forced shutdown during an amulet hour looses a lot of time.

bfgBellerophon
7,463 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 20, 17 7:40 AM
Hi ReallyHelpless and bcrevers,

I'm sorry to hear that the loss progress and crashing issues continue to be present on your devices. We will continue to pass this information along to the Midnight Castle teams as we definitely want to help get things up and running as it should. Please keep in mind that the Moderation Team and the Customer Support Team doesn't have the ability to make changes withing the game. We both have the ability to help troubleshoot where we can and provide this information to the teams. By reaching out to the support team it helps the teams see the impact of these issues it has on the players and collect the information from the tickets to help in the investigation. It is highly recommended to reach out to the team with the information that bfgIlinalta mentioned above. The support team has the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

kaimc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kaimc on Feb 24, 17 11:00 AM
Hi Kaii Mc here

No fix on latest update for me either. MC was shutting down and restarting on its own, now it just shuts down and I have to restart the game. I lose progress and items most of the time. Sometimes I get to keep the items, but have to redo the quest. I had to redo the same quest 6 times before it finally stayed, this was in about an hour and a half. I' noticed that when MC shuts down, it puts me back at least 2 quests.

Also , when the game shuts down, if I've just gifted 5 friends, MC tells me I can gift 5 friends. I just can't gift the same 5 friends. So, are the first 5 friends getting the gifts I've sent, or just the second 5 friends?

It is all very frustrating, but I keep hanging in. I played MC on my PC for over 2 years until the PC crashed. I was heartbroken when I had to start from the beginning on my tablet. I was on level 71 and am just now on level 36 (I think it's 36) I'm playing on an LG.

Another frustration is when friends gift me and MC shuts down I lose the gifts they sent.

Avatars and crafted pets also disappear, having to be reset, especially if you have to earn the items again.

Ok enough of my frustrations.

Here' hoping things will improve soon.

The very best luck to you all

Kaii Mc

[Post New]by Roslyn59 on Feb 24, 17 9:48 PM
I lost all of my friends. How can I get them back?

Thanks

a785903

[Post New]by Gojo69 on Feb 25, 17 12:54 PM
My map won't work on my game. I have uninstalled twice and reinstalled the game and it works. But that I shut the game down and when I come back and to play the game again same problem map doesn't work I have to back out of rooms. Still in the Castel but getting ready for other map locations like the town now what? Gojo69 my I'd is792852.

bfgBellerophon
7,463 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 27, 17 7:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what is occurring in their games in this particular thread. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present. We definitely want to help get things up and running as it should.

For the various issues that have been presented in this thread, it is highly recommended to refer to Midnight Castle Help as they contain troubleshooting steps that have been known to resolve these issues.

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

Roslyn59, in regards to the friends issue you are referring to, it is recommended to post in the designated friend code thread. I'll include a link below to the thread specific to Android:

Friends for Android

If issues continue to be present in your games, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player ID and details of the issue. If you are able to provide your device information, that would be helpful as well. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 11:22:39 AM PST

123phool
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 123phool on Mar 14, 17 7:25 PM
Love the new update, but my Android version seems to have the following technical issues:
1. I have lost my complete friends list except John
2. The cool-off period clocks stop counting done when I stop playing the game and resume when I open the tablet again.
3. Same with the chests in the rooms and the airship clock.

Go to: