Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 13, 16 12:44 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 5:57:10 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kkensukek on Feb 13, 16 1:08 AM
It doesn't work
Pushing the Play button, it doesn't start

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 808Special_K on Feb 13, 16 1:09 AM
Won't launch at all. Keep hitting play. The promo page keeps coming up in Game Manager. Im on Mac OS 10.11

pmax7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re: TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pmax7 on Feb 13, 16 1:15 AM
OSX 10.9.5
processor: 3.06 GHz Intel
RAM: 4 GB

Hello. Game will not launch or it quits at launch unexpectedly [with report]

I have uninstalled and reinstalled game, updated Adobe Flash and Shockwave.

I have run Dr. Felix and have file for your perusal.

Thank you for your help.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Feb 13, 16 1:28 AM
Running the "good old Win Vista" - no problems so far in demo!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 13, 16 2:24 AM
Using Mac OS X El Capitan. Sparkles everywhere! I'm using custom mode, and clicked sparkles off except for HOPs!

Once I've played an HOP the sparkles remains; look like a snow storm in each scene...

Really irritating as I can't enjoy the game, or concentrate on the scenes with a quarter of it covered in snow.

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 2:26:30 AM PST

[Post New]by 808Special_K on Feb 13, 16 2:30 AM
So far it looks like a Mac OS issue. I hope an update will be released ASAP!

schefnh
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by schefnh on Feb 13, 16 3:40 AM
I'm using Windows 10 and so far 8 minutes into the demo and everything is working,

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by elizabethp3871 on Feb 13, 16 3:52 AM
I'm on the patio with the telescope. I've opened the box with just one half of the sheers but it won't let me take it out of the box or put anything in it. I keep hitting hint, and it keeps pointing too the inside of the box, but alas, I can go no further.

[Removed by Moderator]

There is a little bug. If you follow the guide exactly once you get in the hall, and then all the way through to the end of the demo, it works fine.

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 4:42:30 PM PST

[Post New]by elizabethp3871 on Feb 13, 16 3:54 AM
And now my game manager won't open. At all. Win10.

Update: I restarted my computer and my game manager reopened with no problems.

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 7:25:02 AM PST

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Feb 13, 16 4:54 AM
Neither will mine, Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Doreen

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Feb 13, 16 4:54 AM
Neither will mine, Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Doreen

[Post New]by JypsyJoker on Feb 13, 16 5:03 AM
I also cannot pick up the half of the clippers. Will not let me add screw or other half. I hope this can be resolved. Thank you.

[Post New]by seannad on Feb 13, 16 5:43 AM
Will not launch game, immediately says error and closes it.
Running Mac OS X 10.9.5

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 13, 16 5:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by 808Special_K on Feb 13, 16 6:03 AM
I think most of us have tried the usual troubleshooting tasks like reinstall, restart, etc. Obviously there is something wrong with the release. Especially on Mac. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 10:41:21 AM PST

[Post New]by lisa_mafia on Feb 13, 16 6:11 AM
elizabethp3871 wrote:I'm on the patio with the telescope. I've opened the box with just one half of the sheers but it won't let me take it out of the box or put anything in it. I keep hitting hint, and it keeps pointing too the inside of the box, but alas, I can go no further.

Yep,, same problem here. Game worked fine until this scene with the sheers.
Did you receive any help yet?

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 13, 16 7:00 AM
Game will NOT open Im running OSX El Capitan 10.11.3

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Feb 13, 16 7:10 AM
rainworm wrote:Running the "good old Win Vista" - no problems so far in demo!

As with people, it seems old systems work better, lol! I also have Vista, and very few problems through the years. Won't change my loyal Vista.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 13, 16 7:12 AM
I used the help section and I updated my flash but it still doesn't work so I give up. The developers can fix it now.

Go to: