Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

"MYSTERY CASE FILES: DIRE GROVE

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Dec 8, 09 5:26 PM
Why Is There Not A Trail Game For "MYSTERY CASE FILES: DIRE GROVE????? I Would Like To Know If It Is Worth $19.99 Or $6.99 And If I Don't Like It Do I Get A Refund Or Could I Trade it For another Game????? Holding My Breath Till I Get An Answer? I'm Feeling Faint Please Hurry!!!!!

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

Re:"MYSTERY CASE FILES: DIRE GROVE

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Dec 8, 09 5:28 PM
Because it was so large. BUT there will be the standard version coming out this week, it should have a demo. Then you can pick between collector's and standard versions.

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Dec 8, 09 5:44 PM
breathe.....

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Dec 11, 09 1:51 PM
I brought the $19.99 Version so far I like it so I am taking my time!

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 1:51:51 PM PST

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 11, 09 1:57 PM
Hi Bella43099,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know which one you chose! I hope you'll have a blast playing over the weekend.

Since we have a full game forum for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition now, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread on over there. Just a heads up!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

ETA: Whoops! I moved this into the wrong forum by mistake but noticed just in time!

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 1:58:30 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 13, 09 2:36 AM
Bella43099 wrote:I brought the $19.99 Version so far I like it so I am taking my time!

hi bella,
if you like mcf games then the ce edition is really worth it. make sure you go to the dire grove forum to learn about and take full advantage of all the xtra goodies included in the version you purchased Bella

b

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 13, 09 8:50 AM
I am nearly finished with this game except I think there is a bug. In the hunting lodge when I went back to put the kerosene in the lamp, that worked fine, the lit lamp went into my inventory, but the hidden object scene on the fireplace mantel never appeared; therefore, I have no potato chips to feed the wolf and cannot progress past that point. I have gone back and forth to see if there was anything I missed, but can find nothing undone or unsolved.

Is there a bug or am I totally out of my mind? Where's the potato chips?? They are not on the mantel or in my inventory or anywhere else! Help!

Thank you.

Also, the rabbit's head never came off even though I beat on it with a hammer ten times and then ten times again.

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 9:02:01 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 13, 09 8:52 AM
Which version are you playing? The chips aren't in the standard version.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 13, 09 9:03 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Which version are you playing? The chips aren't in the standard version.

If the chips aren't in the standard version (which is what I have) then why are they asking me to give them to the wolf so I can access the hidden items game?

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 13, 09 9:13 AM
I have been following the blog walk through and everything has worked fine (with the exception of no morphing objects which I understand are not in this version, but that's fine) - now I can no longer progress. There is nowhere to go.

Well, trapped in my OWN house, snow coming down faster and faster and trapped in my game too!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 13, 09 9:19 AM
Have you given the meat to the wolf?

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 13, 09 9:34 AM
AnnBy wrote:Have you given the meat to the wolf?

Oh yes, I gave the meat to the wolf a long time ago - that was near the beginning of the game. Now I am nearly through and cannot progress further to finish apparently, that is why I think there's a bug.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 13, 09 9:35 AM
What's in your inventory?
Did you free all four students?

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 13, 09 9:47 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:What's in your inventory?
Did you free all four students?

Yes, I have freed all four students and have all those jewels or whatever they are - I also have a feather and a hammer, acetylene torch, sea salt, sunflower seeds, snowshoes, an urn with ashes, and a tape reel.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 13, 09 10:28 AM
Ahoy! I guess the potato chips are not relevant to the game I have. I managed to get to the tunnel without them and so far am progressing. It must just be a hitch in the walk through - perhaps someone could fix that so others won't be confused (or maybe I'm the only one that got confused!)

Anyway, I think I'll be alright now. Thanks for your help!

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 13, 09 10:54 AM
I finished - GREAT GAME!!!

Pashta
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Pashta on Dec 13, 09 12:02 PM
Finished it in 4 hours 29 mins, only used one hint. A bit short but I guess for $6.99 it's not that bad. It was fun except the ending was pretty lame.

[Post New]by grnppyeyes49 on Dec 15, 09 8:19 PM
I'm stuck. No potato chips in the lodge, assuming thats only in the collectors edition. There is no paper with the felix fish 10 x hammer rabbit drawing. I have no clue what or where to do or go next. I'm stuck. No more hidden object sections. I keep walking back and forth from lodge to museum to hotel, etc. HELP! Where do I go next? What do I do to proceed?

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 15, 09 8:39 PM
Hi grnppyeyes49,

It looks like I'm following you around. The potato chips portion is part of the Collector's Edition of the game. If you are seeing the potato chips mentioned, then you are looking at the Collector's Edition version of the walkthrough. You can find the walkthrough for the actual game by clicking on the link below:

Mystery Case Files ®: Dire Grove ™ Walkthrough

I hope this helps!

bfgErie

[Post New]by La_Iza on Dec 28, 09 11:34 AM
I am addicted to MCF and played them all. I couldn't wait to get Dire Grove. But then .... excuse me while i wipe the tears from my keyboard .... I CANT DOWNLOAD IT. I've been trying since 23 Dec. Used different network connections, firewalls on then off, different pcs.... and nothing worked. I sent an email to BF on 23 Dec, begging help, no-one responded, I sent an email this morning, again begging, still nothing... I have given up on the game, but how do I get by game club credit back? after 2 years i am really contemplating ending my membership. : (

Go to: