ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Game Jerky and Unplayable

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Dec 8, 09 7:39 PM
I don't see any other comments about this, so I must be the only person having this problem, but I downloaded the trial version of this and it is so jerky, and it takes about 20 seconds or more to do a simple command like clicking on "Options" or anything.

It renders the game completely unplayable. The curser takes an eternity just to jerk itself over from one side of the screen to the other.

I checked to see if there was an upgrade for my video card, but I have the latest update - I checked all system updates.

I have a Mac Powerbook and my video card is GeForce 8600M GT by NVIDIA.

Re:Game Jerky and Unplayable

[Post New]by brines11 on Dec 10, 09 1:31 PM
I'm having a similar issue trying to play it on my iMac. Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
I couldn't even get through the main menu, my only option was to exit.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jan 5, 10 6:19 AM
It crashes instantly for me. I have an Intel iMac with the ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics card. It's brand new. I am having quite a few issues with games on this machine.

edited to add

I had originally tried playing the game from the desktop. (I like to keep the games I am trying there.) It failed a couple of times.

Then I put it into a folder on the desktop and tried opening it there, and now it works! Couldn't tell you why. It wasn't even in the applications folder. Anyway the game isn't for me, but that is just my preference.

Edited on 01/05/2010 at 3:24:48 PM PST

[Post New]by gizmospooky on May 11, 10 9:39 AM
I have to say I quit after a minute or two, the mouse moved very slowly and would be a pain to play. I have Windows 7 and since my son (a gamer) built my machine I know I have the the latest and greatest since it's just a couple of months old. I found the same issue on ano game,can't remember which one.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 27, 10 3:25 PM
I was having the same problem and came here to see if anyone else was. I was glad to see someone else was having the same issue as I, and was hoping that meant that perhaps there would be a solution posted in reply.

Imagine my surprise when I realized the person having the same problem was ME a couple of years ago! I have a terrible memory!

However, since that time, a couple of people have commented, and one comment got my attention. I always put my games, temporary or not, in my "Games" folder on my hard drive. Well, someone here mentioned that he/she always ran his/her temporary games from his/her desktop, but resolved his/her problem by putting the game in a folder on the desktop.

As a mindless act of desperation, I dragged my game from my hard drive to my desktop and Viola! It ran beautifully!

Who knew...

Go to: