Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 14, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/14/2016 at 6:24:59 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm here.

[Post New]by kalla3307 on Feb 14, 16 4:58 AM
I can't see the game. The screen is totally black.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 14, 16 6:25 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 14, 16 6:29 AM
Hi kalla3307,

I'm sorry to hear that when trying to play this game, the screen is black. The following help article may contain hints on how to resolve this issue:

If you find that you are still having issues, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help further troubleshoot.

bfgBellerophon

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Feb 14, 16 7:56 AM
I have windows 10, 64 bit operating system. I tried out the game but the screen came up blank. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still had the same problem. All my drivers are up to date. I finally changed my text, apps and other graphics to 100% in display settings. I no longer have the blank screen! The game is playing just fine.

[Post New]by frannyfrancelot on Feb 14, 16 8:38 AM
playing on a 17" laptop, Windows 10, I too had a black screen.
Read your forum and checked the display setting, which was on 100%. In desperation changed it to 125% and Hurrah, It works!
Have the setting to be adjusted to the screen size?

[Post New]by kalla3307 on Feb 14, 16 10:16 AM
I applied the same fix as fanyfrancelot and it worked for me as well. Thanks!

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Feb 15, 16 2:21 AM
I could not get past the barn fire in the Collector's Edition (for which I paid) but in this edition all is well. I have Windows 10 and it works. Hurrah!

CBEEM
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm here. Deja Vu

[Post New]by CBEEM on Feb 15, 16 7:56 AM
Is anyone testing these games? This is yet another game that on my iMac either runs half off screen or if I reduce the size in game options becomes too small to enjoy!

[Post New]by IVNRSCRNI on Feb 15, 16 7:59 AM
In the abandoned cabin, you can not give the map to that girl as you can not show your inventory. WHen you leave the door, the inventory appears again at the bottom of the screen. When you ren enter the cabin the inventoryh disappears

Jlceb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Jlceb on Feb 17, 16 4:07 PM
Like CBEEM said, this game doesn't properly support Mac OS. Like all other Mad Head games I've tried, the game will run with only half of the screen visible, so it is not really playable.

Are Mac versions no longer tested?

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.3 on an iMac 5K.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 18, 16 11:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues people have been coming across. Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to post here with issues they've encountered or workarounds they've found. Adjusting the graphics settings can definitely help when there's an issue with the game display.

IVNRSCRNI, I'm sorry there's been an issue with the inventory is is having trouble in the cabin. I suggest reading the following help article, which has steps that can help with this sort of issue:

I'm sorry to hear there's been problems with the display for Mac. Adjusting the display mode or screen resolution can help with display issues, and the following help article has steps for that:

Screen Resolution

If people are still encountering a problem, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always willing to help, and have the tools necessary to gather information on and report issues.

Jlceb, I understand there's a question about the testing of Mac versions of games. We definitely wants to make sure people are able to play their games, and I can assure you that our games go through extensive testing on a wide range of hardware and software platforms before release. Unfortunately, because of the variety of options for computer configurations, technical issues may still come up. If you ever encounter a problem in a game, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team, and our Reps will be more than happy to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 11:21:09 AM PST

[Post New]by happywandererbek on Mar 9, 16 12:07 AM
Hi there....
This game does not load properly on my windows 10 HP laptop. No Visuals!!! Just a black screen with the sound going. I've just removed and reloaded my copy of Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm in case it was a corrupted load up the first time, but no change. Still a black screen. I've also updated my graphics card driver.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 24, 16 5:47 PM
Play is extremely slow. I have to click several times to get any reaction. Windows XP.

[Post New]by satin1011 on Apr 10, 16 11:43 PM
I got an error that says I need to update my Graphics Driver, how do I update it, I checked for updates in the tools download, it says there are no new updates. please help. I'm on a pc lap top running windows 10.

Go to: