bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Thoughts on the Westward IV - Pros and Cons

[Post New]by bechaupt on Dec 9, 09 5:49 AM
I know it is abit early but anyone have any thoughts. I have noticed that some are missing the Salon - I like that the gunslingers come in on the train but it doesn't seem like a complete town without a Salon.

I especially like that some of the gunslingers have dogs - I have 6 now and let them hang around the butcher shop.

I also like the storyline. And the hidden objects and puzzles are more logical and discoverable than last time, while the strategy is more challenging - a combination I really like.

Re:Thoughts on the Westward IV - Pros and Cons

[Post New]by bustiemomma1 on Dec 16, 09 9:17 AM
I like the game, but it wasn't hard enough and was toooo easy to solve and finish. I hope that the next game will have more challenges and more things to do. Maybe have an easy medium and hard so we can have different levels of fun.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 16, 09 10:50 AM
Lady, I wanna watch you play!

If you thought WW IV was unchallenging, that must mean you easily got through Noise Ordinance (with the triple TNT placement) and the interminable Earthquakes, completed all the additional towns and every Marketplace Challenge on the first try, found all three treasures by psychic powers, otherwise achieved every single trophy on your first pass--and did that and more without consulting the forums and Walkthroughs either here or at Sandlot, Gamezebo, or anywhere else.

Wow!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 16, 09 10:53 AM
As to the subject line of this thread: If anybody values my thoughts pro and con, please see my multiple posts at Sandlot.

P.S. (in case you want to do a search for it, and so that a search will bring up this thread): It's Saloon, with a long OO, as in "train whistle". A salon is what's in the Hat Shop.

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 10:55:30 AM PST

MichGal
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by MichGal on Dec 23, 09 8:46 AM
Pros........ Addition of new buildings, lots of quests, products produced for extra money, and long gameplay. I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them right now. I'll update this post as they come to me.

Cons.... Loss of buildings, max population is 45, and the roads suck! You cannot connect them to road made when you build something.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Dec 23, 09 10:48 AM
MichGal wrote:... and the roads suck! You cannot connect them to road made when you build something.

I totally agree with you. I only built one (to connect the roads in front of a few buildings), and I immediately regretted it--they are super ugly.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 23, 09 1:58 PM
Roads were somewhat better looking, though just as useless, in WW III.

[Post New]by MistyCybele on Dec 23, 09 5:42 PM
For the roads, I agree: completely useless!

Other cons: I miss the saloon, the guard posts and the multiple areas in the sandbox (just 3 in WW4). Earthquakes are also annoying and the fact that you switch from very high population at 44 to extremely high population at 45 without being able to go higher that that is... well... a minus. In my book, the hat shop and clothing shop are completely useless but as a few quests are related, don't really have a choice do we?!

Pros: I too like the dogs, the long quest and the challenge, but I think I'm gonna reinstall WW3... although I would miss Dino that you get to keep when starting another game!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 23, 09 7:24 PM
MistyCybele wrote:In my book, the hat shop and clothing shop are completely useless but as a few quests are related, don't really have a choice do we?!
They do increase happiness, and it's obvious some players like them.

Me, I gave all my guys the Indian outfits--look more rational in the heat. (And at Snowy River, everyone got the warmer-looking formal clothes.)

Edited on 12/29/2009 at 6:30:59 PM PST

[Post New]by haileesmother on Dec 29, 09 6:16 PM
CON: i cant find a way to keep it from freezing after the train race

all that work for nothing

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 29, 09 6:32 PM
@ haileesmother: See the END of the thread "Avoiding the freeze: try this" in this forum.

fishgirl77
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by fishgirl77 on Dec 29, 09 6:43 PM
IV is more challenging than the other ones, like with the noise ordinance quest, and you have to use logic and figure things out for your self alot, which makes it fun, even though most of the time I just look at the blog walkthrough to figure it out... I like the dogs, too. But I hope you can have a bigger population in the next one, and that there will be autosave and you can label your saves.

Go to: