Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,384 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Imperial Island 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 15, 16 12:44 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/15/2016 at 5:00:00 AM PST

bfgWaimea
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Imperial Island 3 here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 15, 16 5:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Imperial Island 3 to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Feb 15, 16 9:12 AM
I closed out properly during the trial, and when I went to resume, it started me from the beginning; it did not save my profile.

whoople
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by whoople on Feb 15, 16 2:12 PM
I am unable to even get past the intro. The game causes an access violation and crashes. I tried the default player ID. I haven't tried casual mode, but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with the same result. I am running a Windows 10 OS. Won't be playing this one I guess, let alone buying it.

JennieC
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by JennieC on Feb 15, 16 9:36 PM
I am with whoopee here - I tried the game, bought it and played twice with no issues. However it is now jamming right at the start (with the developer's name) and telling me there is an access violation - it has done this 3 times in a row. Like whoopee I am running windows 10.
Please fix whatever is causing this!

JennieC
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by JennieC on Feb 15, 16 11:25 PM
Oh, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled it with no effect. Grr!

Ppapier
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Feb 16, 16 1:25 AM
I have Windows 7. No luck with this game. Two "access violation" in a row: Just in the beginning, first level. The crash occurs whenever I click on the hint button to find the last scroll.

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Feb 16, 16 4:14 AM
whoople wrote:I am unable to even get past the intro. The game causes an access violation and crashes. I tried the default player ID. I haven't tried casual mode, but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with the same result. I am running a Windows 10 OS. Won't be playing this one I guess, let alone buying it.

I have the same problem, though windos 8 (pc) but my computer on work is windows 10 and there it works fine

I know that this game is also available on other gaming site and I download it from there, then it works fine from my Windows 8, they have, however, an 'older' version, and will they not entitled to this problem here, I think (in the worst case) buy there instead, it's better than not being able to play it at all!

I have contact support about this and if I get solutions, I write them down here.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,125 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Feb 16, 16 3:53 PM
I played on my ASUS gaming laptop with Win 8.1 and it worked fine. I have 32 GB of memory plus 3 GB of memory on my separate/dedicated vid card.

[Post New]by rainmom on Feb 16, 16 10:15 PM
I had no problem during the trial period and then purchasing the game last night. Tonight when trying to play again, I get an access violation. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've disabled the custom cursor which at least does not lock up my PC (Windows 10 with updated drivers, NVidia GForce card).

where is the data kept for the game? After reinstalling I had not lost my levels, settings, trophies, etc. I will delete the folder and reinstall but I don't have much hope that the problem will be solved. Too bad. I really like this game.

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Feb 17, 16 8:09 AM
Bought and played some of this game yesterday. Today I tried to play and, although it loaded the game, the minute I press PLAY, it freezes. I have to use control, alt , delete in order to get out of the game.

This is so disappointing! It is the 3rd game in the last 2 weeks that I have been unable to finish. And there never seems to be a fix for any of them. As I said, disappointing.

gertie23
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Feb 18, 16 12:53 AM
I'm having the same problem as some of the others. Game downloads, I go to play and when I hit the play button everything locks up. I was able to go to the options section with no problem but when you hit play. nothing! I uninstalled, then reinstalled and the same thing happened.

I played this at another site with NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER! Why would there be a problem here? Seems to me that this is a Big Fish problem!

[Post New]by shelbusch on Feb 18, 16 10:33 AM
I played twice and it was fine. Now it won't open at all. Playing on an ASUS gaming computer using Windows 10. Reinstalling didn't help at all. I had this issue with the first Imperial Island, which is why I skipped the second; I thought they would've resolved their bugs by now.

hpf1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Game running slow.

[Post New]by hpf1 on Feb 19, 16 2:02 AM
I am using Windows 10 on a high spec machine. The game is running slow on level 75, so slow in fact in that it is unusable. It also did it on one of the event games but I managed to slowly get past it. This also happened with the previous Imperial Island offerings, you get to a level and the game runs prohibitively slowly. This was reported last time by many users but not fixed so I gave up and stopped playing the game. I hope that this isn't going to happen again. Anyone else having this issue?

Andovape
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Andovape on Feb 19, 16 8:04 AM
Hi hpf1!

I, too, have a high speed gaming machine. I am having exactly the same problem, and it started on level 75. My computer guru son tried everything (reloading graphics drivers, flash, etc) with no change. It is unplayable at that rate of speed. Too bad as I was enjoying the game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 19, 16 9:41 AM
Using Windows 7 Pro and the game worked perfectly until level 63 when the game didn't appear, but the map background were still there...level 64 was only a black screen with the "menu" and "play" tabs at the top and the "timed" box at the bottom. Also had the inventory scores did appear at the top. Tried exiting and re-entering, re-booting my computer...nothing worked. Very frustrating. Loved the game. I guess its good I only used a credit on it. Sounds like I'm not alone with game trouble.

fireeyes5
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Feb 19, 16 11:22 AM
The game started really slowing down in the upper levels but I muddled my way through them; however, at Level 93 the green play button slowly gets bigger on the screen but when you hit play it freezes... and my drivers are updated etc. There are glitches in this game. On Level 93 I get access violation. So I am thankful I used a credit (free) to buy this game. The first game is also glitchy and you have to plod your way through it in the higher levels to play it. However, since Big Fish has gone south on Customer Service, I do NOT expect any fixes.

Edited on 02/19/2016 at 11:23:11 AM PST

fireeyes5
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Feb 19, 16 11:49 AM
update: I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now it won't play under a new profile. They really need to test these game better or fix them; however, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Feb 19, 16 1:00 PM
Update!

I received great help from support team, describe your technical problems and waiting for an answer, they will help you solve it!

[Post New]by OtterPup1 on Feb 19, 16 7:06 PM
Windows 7. I am at level 77 and the left side of the game board is partially off the screen and the 4 or 5 columns and rows coming from the left are frozen so you can't clear off the screen. There is also a red tube and yellow tube over the top of the game board.

Go to: