Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Imperial Island 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 15, 16 12:46 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/15/2016 at 4:59:57 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Imperial Island 3 here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 15, 16 5:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Imperial Island 3 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Imperial Island 3.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Feb 15, 16 7:27 AM
I was looking forward to this game - pretty graphics and all. I can't use bonuses because I can't find them. Where are they on my screen? Thanks.

double47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by double47 on Feb 15, 16 8:01 AM
Bottom right if your have them. Starts with a hammer.

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LD3333 on Feb 15, 16 8:36 AM
I'm not a fan of Match-3 games, but I was very impressed with this game. The production value, mini games, 21 trophies, voice-overs, colorful graphics, ability to highlight objectives, with so many different things to do. For anyone who enjoys a perfect Match-3 game, give this one a test drive. You won't be disappointed.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Feb 15, 16 8:39 AM
I demoed this game and played the first 20 levels in timed mode.

This is a swap Match 3 that has requirements of quantities of specific special tiles, regular tiles and background tiles to finish the board. There is timed and untimed modes. With timed mode, you must accomplish all tasks before the timer runs out or you play the board again. There is no level map, so there is no 1, 2 or 3 star finishes that I observed. And when I looked quickly at the trophies, I didn't see any references to finish times there, either. Most of them seem to center around accomplishing building the buildings or how many times you use bonuses.

In addition, while playing you collect keys that allow you to unlock "x" number of panels ("x" being the number of keys you collect) for additional prizes. The prizes vary. They are additional resources or bonuses. You also obtain bonuses by building the village. The game has very clear instructions and help.

In this game you must build up an island and in order to accomplish that, you collect resources from your match 3 play. There are mini-games and hidden object scenes in between the board plays. The hidden object scenes were searching for multiple occurences of a single object. The mini-games varied, but all seemed to entail use of the match 3 board in some manner or other.

I think people who: enjoy laid back match 3 games with lots of bonuses, accumulating resources to build a village, don't mind keeping track of all the gimmicks, will enjoy this game. Even the timed mode doesn't give very much of a challenge (I was able to finish each level I played with the timer still in the green area with lots of time to spare). It has the small boards (some with keyholes that, when opened, expand the boards a bit) and the board action is fluid and smooth.

For my taste, it's just a bit too gimmicky. I prefer straight Match 3's with just a few bonuses I control, and larger boards so I don't run out of moves every few minutes. But I totally recommend checking it out, because I think many will like it.

Edited for clarification - mixed up words bonus and trophy

Edited on 02/15/2016 at 11:16:00 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Feb 15, 16 9:14 AM
I did not care for the moving background screen - it made me slightly nauseous feeling. No beta testers had this reaction?

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Feb 15, 16 12:09 PM
Thank you, double47! I just didn't have any yet!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 15, 16 1:09 PM
I am very, very happy that has brought this fun, exciting game to us! I had played the demo on another site a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kudos to the devs for listening to players who expressed dissatisfaction with the second installment in the series. This newest addition captures all the best features of the original game and continues to "build on that foundation". (Pardon the pun, please) You are "commissioned" by your emperor to explore and find new lands on which to expand the empire. When you land on a new island the fun and challenges begin! There are plenty of awards to be won, power-ups (bonuses) to gather and use, a generous number of ways to achieve extra bonuses that are used immediately in the game making your progress even swifter and more exciting.

You will collect gold coins, food and various other resources that allow you to construct a great number of buildings that are used for practical and fun purposes as your expansion of the empire progresses. Each level has goals to meet and if you play in the Casual Mode as I did, there is the option at each level to play that one in the Timed Mode (or you can play primarily in the Timed Mode). I used a bit of strategy to allow me to collect the greatest number of coins and other resources before satisfying the goals on each level. There are special levels called an "Event" or "Search" that will give you extra bonuses every so often.

The background moves gently from right to left as you play, but if you focus on all the action on the game board, it is not really noticeable. (At least I found the actual game play to be absorbing enough to keep me unaware of the background while I played.) The only reason I knew about the background moving was a couple of seconds before the first level began when I was looking things over.

As you progress through constructing various edifices, you will get to a point where you can choose to by-pass one building temporarily to build something else. The game will, however, confirm that you want to go ahead and Play rather than constructing something you already have the resources to build. (I chose to continue collecting what I needed for an Airport before building a Resort.) You will also have the opportunity to upgrade buildings that you have already constructed.

I see quite a few hours of entertaining, happy play in this game that has absolutely beautiful graphics, lots of imagination and flawless mechanics.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Feb 15, 16 2:37 PM
pita1234 wrote:I did not care for the moving background screen - it made me slightly nauseous feeling. No beta testers had this reaction?

Me too. They should have offered an option to disable it.

[Post New]by BlueHareMom on Feb 15, 16 3:20 PM
pfalcioni wrote:
pita1234 wrote:I did not care for the moving background screen - it made me slightly nauseous feeling. No beta testers had this reaction?

Me too. They should have offered an option to disable it.

I'm the same way. I couldn't finish the demo and had to uninstall. There's no way I can play with that background moving.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 15, 16 6:37 PM
I don't usually buy match 3 games, but this one is fun, not too hard and I like the other aspects, like the building and the searches. I think I'l buy this one.

[Post New]by QuianasMom03 on Feb 15, 16 7:13 PM
I was super excited to see this game as I have the previous two and have played them multiple times. However, the moving back screen is HORRIBLE! Why is there not an option to turn this off?? Did none of the Beta testers notice this? Sorry but I had to delete after two levels. Definite no buy!

HUCster
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by HUCster on Feb 15, 16 8:22 PM

Oh, oh! I too get motion sickness, however, I am currently battling ovarian cancer and today was chemo day. Anti-nausea meds are good until tomorrow so I didn't get sick! I am guessing that once the meds wear off, this game will make me sick so I think it will be a pass.

I loved Imperial Island 1, with Imperial Island 2 I made it to level 99 with all gold but I didn't pass 99 on the first try, game over! I could never get to level 100!!! So frustrating! Imperial Island 3 comes out and I was going to purchase it but I don't think I will unless the game is updated with a non-moving background. So sad....

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 16, 16 6:39 AM
A no buy for me with the moving screen! I actually got a headache playing it for 10 minutes!

My kingdom for a new TM game PLEASE!!!!

[Post New]by jimweinberg on Feb 19, 16 2:02 PM
First, let me say that this is an extremely enjoyable game, if you don't play it in timed mode. However, if you're like me and enjoy the challenge of timed mode, stay away from this game. After about level 17, the levels are not winnable in timed mode. That's not sour grapes, I've been playing match 3 games for 20 years and have gotten quite good at them, if I do say so myself. This game was written to be non playable in timed mode right around the time you decide to buy it. I've played the other Imperial Island games and this one sucks ... Again, in timed mode.

If you just want a match 3 game that's interesting without the timer, I recommend this game. If, however, you prefer a timed game. Buy something else.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 26, 16 2:08 PM
I love the game, but am not real thrilled with the moving background while I'm playing. He almost makes me "dizzypated".

beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by beckins on May 9, 16 12:15 PM
jimweinberg wrote:First, let me say that this is an extremely enjoyable game, if you don't play it in timed mode. However, if you're like me and enjoy the challenge of timed mode, stay away from this game. After about level 17, the levels are not winnable in timed mode. That's not sour grapes, I've been playing match 3 games for 20 years and have gotten quite good at them, if I do say so myself. This game was written to be non playable in timed mode right around the time you decide to buy it. I've played the other Imperial Island games and this one sucks ... Again, in timed mode.

If you just want a match 3 game that's interesting without the timer, I recommend this game. If, however, you prefer a timed game. Buy something else.

I have to agree Jim. From level 17 on, the game is not winnable within the time frame allowed and yes, I reached level 17 just after purchasing the game. I will have to switch to untimed mode in order to finish the game. And a quick question that maybe you can answer Jim...what is with the ticking bomb that appears at the bottom of the screen with the countdown clock? I have clicked on it and...nothing! Can you help? Thanks for the honest review Jim. Without you suggesting the switch to untimed mode, I would have continued to play with ever increasing frustration!

Go to: