bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jane Angel: Templar Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 10, 09 12:05 AM
Jane Angel, an FBI agent and an art expert, is investigating the Holy Grail! Follow the clues and find this priceless treasure! Where could the Holy Grail be found nowadays? Was it brought to Colombia by Columbus under the Red Templar’s Cross on his sails? Was it buried under Roslyn Chapel in Scottish Mountains? Are Maltese Knights, Hospitaller considered to be the keepers of the Holy Grail? Discover the truth in Jane Angel: Templar Mystery, a gorgeous Hidden Object game.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 10, 09 12:58 AM
Definately different. Full screen mode is one window. Game has a scrolling feature side to side which is mouse controlled so you can access objects not in clear view. Graphics are very good and music not too bad. No voice overs. Not really a terrible game but not a game I would buy. I give the game for the graphics but nothing more.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Dec 10, 09 1:39 AM
The scrolling screen can actually be used to your advantage - only the objects in the current view are listed, the others are greyed out. If you scroll across and note where an object appears on the list that gives you a clue to where it is.

Six months ago I'd have snapped this game up. Now, I don't know. We've had so many good HOG/adventures lately, this one barely rates a demo. Just getting spoiled, I suppose.

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by step54 on Dec 10, 09 1:55 AM
HOE HUM, BORING.

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 1:55:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 4:06 AM
LilyCat wrote:The scrolling screen can actually be used to your advantage - only the objects in the current view are listed, the others are greyed out. If you scroll across and note where an object appears on the list that gives you a clue to where it is.

Six months ago I'd have snapped this game up. Now, I don't know. We've had so many good HOG/adventures lately, this one barely rates a demo. Just getting spoiled, I suppose.

Hi, I'm Eugene - one of two JA's developers. And I swear we started to develop this game six months ago So it is just a fun to hear that you are snapping this game so long!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 10, 09 5:28 AM
Six months !!!!!..& not six years....seemed a little dated for me...Gene don't take it personally , We are a tough group...we no what we like..& it reflects In the forum..Thats why were here...its called opinion & reviews ! ....now am a lobster..thanks !!!!

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 5:29:23 AM PST

[Post New]by webspinne on Dec 11, 09 9:21 PM
Doesn't anybody proofread these games?? "scissores"??? and other oddities. Took me a while to figure out that a "swab" was a mop or broom-like thing. I will definitely not buy this sloppy production.

[Post New]by ski77ppyDiane on Dec 16, 09 11:12 AM
Dear Developers. The game is superb. I tried to make it last by just doing 1 chapter a day but just when I thought 'thats it' the bonus games came up and there's so many of them. Please, please do another one.

[Post New]by beckyv on Dec 29, 09 6:29 PM
how many levels are there? I am almost out of my trial time and not sure if its worth purchasing

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 29, 09 6:33 PM
There are 5 chapters, each has 5 locations = 25. Plus when you get to the end it opens up to unlimited play bonus, where you can look for all the items in each locations Longer than you think if you like unlimited.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 30, 09 1:14 AM
puzzledone wrote:There are 5 chapters, each has 5 locations = 25. Plus when you get to the end it opens up to unlimited play bonus, where you can look for all the items in each locations Longer than you think if you like unlimited.

Plus three full locations! Maya drawings, Leonardo' drawings and "appliqué"

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Mar 7, 11 3:44 AM
Winner of the short game of the year award.
Incredibly mangled English which made it rather difficult to understand what was going on But basically it was a rubbish story although the Templers are always interesting.
But I liked the scrolling screens as you could use them to find difficult things by seeing when they fade out.
The graphics were good too with nice sharp images.

Go to: