bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Jane Angel: Templar Mystery forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 10, 09 12:05 AM
Welcome to Jane Angel: Templar Mystery forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Jane Angel: Templar Mystery players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

CPLB
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Welcome to Jane Angel: Templar Mystery forum

[Post New]by CPLB on Dec 10, 09 2:57 PM
Well...an interesting game, but where did the developers leard English? Since when has an English pillar box been called a hydrant and what dictionary did 'scissorses' come from?

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 3:28 PM
CPLB wrote:Well...an interesting game, but where did the developers leard English? Since when has an English pillar box been called a hydrant and what dictionary did 'scissorses' come from?

Do you mean "learned" ? You might be surprised but it is hydrant not pillar box (it also could be painted red)! I answered question about "scissorses" many times in other thread.
Anyway, thank you for your comment!

Best regards, Developer.

CPLB
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by CPLB on Dec 11, 09 10:20 PM
Well I played the game again, with a different name. The supposed hydrant by the side of the yellow bus is WITHOUT DOUBT an English (fairly old fashioned) pillar box. I have never seen anything looking less like a hydrant. I could go on to mention 'biscuit' that is slice of cake and 'mapple leaves' but what's the point! I am enjoying the game in spite of the many irritations.

[Post New]by dwntwngrl6 on Dec 14, 09 1:13 AM
Very very nice game, although you do need to know 'english' to play it. LOL
I couldn't guess that a Swab was a broom. LOL

Otherwise, very nice and different.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 14, 09 4:35 AM
Well, what is a pet peeve and irritation or turnoff for one, is kinda charming for another like me. I get used to it and sometimes learn something. No, I think the swab is a mop, second meaning. I think it was Pirateville where a casket is a small letterbox. And anybody's guess between pot, teapot, kettle, tea kettle, coffee pot and watering can LOL. Save your hints and keep clicking. I thought the challenges some players demand it's part of the guessing game.

So, I've mentioned it before, but has anybody ever found a PEAR NECKLACE or someone steeling something in MFC Huntsville or Prime Suspects? We must be pretty forgiving when it comes to BF, or there would never have been best selling games to follow. When Eugene said "Nobody's perfect" well neither is our fav developer Most of us just enjoy the game and follow up on tech glitches and CS. If a game runs smoothly on my pc and laptop Vista and good graphics I can overlook grammar as secondary. I mean, I see it but doesn't disturb my gameplay. Crashes do. And I can appreciate new startups getting into the competion with new creative ideas. Don't expect artists to be good spellers, I are one.

Keep up the good work Eugene, there's always room for self-improvement and you have my admiration.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 14, 09 4:49 AM
Just a post script here if some humor is needed. I was once married to a man from the Near East who spoke 5 languages besides English, and 3 dialects of his native tongue. He liked to eat a dish with calf brains. (yuck). I noticed some that had gone bad in the fridge and tossed them. Later he was yelling in a tizzy in the kitchen, "Where are my minds??!!! They're gone, who took my MINDS!" I thought he had lost his till I finally figured out he is thinking brains, food. It's still a favorite family joke, who took my minds. I won't spell out what he asked the butcher for for Rocky Mountain Oysters ala Colorado, we were living in Washington DC LOL.

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 4:53:06 AM PST

Welcome to Jane Angel: Templar Mystery forum

[Post New]by LIZAMARI on Jan 20, 10 8:44 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Jane Angel: Templar Mystery forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Jane Angel: Templar Mystery players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.[/quote

I had trouble activating this game. Does it require any special adaptations for a pc?

[Post New]by splendidsal on Feb 5, 10 10:41 AM
I bought this game today but finished it in my lunch hour. (and, no, I didn't extend my lunch hour....) Kind of disappointed it was so short because I thought it was really good.

PS I too think it is an old British Post Box!!!

[Post New]by Fiona_56 on May 23, 10 5:22 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:
CPLB wrote:Well...an interesting game, but where did the developers leard English? Since when has an English pillar box been called a hydrant and what dictionary did 'scissorses' come from?

Do you mean "learned" ? You might be surprised but it is hydrant not pillar box (it also could be painted red)! I answered question about "scissorses" many times in other thread.
Anyway, thank you for your comment!

Best regards, Developer.

It always amazes me when people criticize others for their language mistakes. Even for an old retired English teacher like me I always have a dictionary next to me for reference.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 29, 10 8:23 AM
Well, forget about grammar, etc, what I would like to kow is whether you liked the game or not ? (I'm downloading it now) Is it long ? I bought the Puppet Show CE and they keep calling a kettle a teapot, a mug a cup, who cares, it's a GREAT game and this didn't spoil my pleasure, It's more annoying in little games, nice but not that good, where you can't help focusing on the mistakes. I'm french so I hope I didn't commit too many errors..............

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on May 29, 10 9:02 AM
Some people will always find something to complain about even when it is a minor spelling error. If that is the only thing wrong with the game then I will buy it.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 9, 10 1:33 PM
Hi Folks

I finished playing this game a few days ago and enjoyed it:
as you scrolled across the screen, the listed objects either got lighter or darker telling you that the item is/is not in that particular portion of the screen
the screen scrolling was a different aspect of game playing and I found it rather unique and refreshing
putting the puzzles together was easy, though have to admit that it threw me for a few moments until I realized that I had more than 1 puzzle picture to piece together
spelling could improve but it honestly, didn't take away from the fun
dot-game was a complete turn-off for me for 1 reason only -- the mini-game CLEARLY states that once 6 dots of the same color are combined, that sequence would disappear but yet it called for at least 1x7 (how, if it disappears after 6?) and at least 1x8 (again, how, if the sequence disappears after 6?)
squawking parrot -- was fine while in the jungle; but in the middle of London, England? -- was very annoying.

All in all -- a nice game

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 12, 10 3:10 PM
Hi Folks

Sorry, do have 1 more complaint about this game -- don't know how I could've forgotten to mention it the first time as it was sooooooooooooo annoying:

What is up with the CONTINUAL thing with the static radio????? No matter what scene a person was in, there was that static radio cutting in and out SEVERAL times in EACH scene. I thought that when I'd gotten to a scene wherein one of the hidden objects was, in fact, that static-souding radio that I would be rid of it; no such luck.

There is one other game that I'd purchased that had that also -- sorry don't remember the name of it -- but PLLLEEEEASE, there's no reason for it in the game or in ANY game; don't include it.

Thanks for reading,

MEnr56

[Post New]by HorizonStar on Sep 3, 10 7:17 AM
Does anyone knew the music that was playing during the loading sequences. Thought it would say at the end of the game, but no such luck. Very pretty melody. I'm thinking its classical, but I just don't know anything about classical music. Thanks for your help.

[Post New]by streetrodder on Feb 20, 11 8:56 PM
Is there a walk thru for this game?

tigerjudy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tigerjudy on Feb 22, 11 9:13 AM
chapter 6, no problem untilnow, i have decoded before with letters and numbers, it is easy to deipher message just looking,so i am confidant in where letters should go, but nothing changes when i [plug them in????????????????????????????

Go to: