belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Problems clicking on Hidden objects

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 10, 09 3:05 AM
Hi,
I played about 10 minutes of this game. First scene was asked to find a few numbers '6'. I found them but no matter how many times I clicked (or on which part of the 6) nothing happened! I went back to them later in the scene, and found I had to click in a precise place at the bottom of the six. Other objects required at least 3 clicks...anyone else finding this? I disabled the custom cursor from the start; would that make a difference? It is usually the other way round; custom cursors need to be really accurate!

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Problems clicking on Hidden objects

[Post New]by MissB59 on Dec 10, 09 3:55 AM
I had the same problem ... having to click multiple times on object to pick it up .. at the beginning of the game to skip the tutorial, and even when I tried to click on main menu to exit the game .. had click like 5 times before it released me.. I also had the problem of the scene not wanting stay when I scrolled it back and forth .. not going to be buying this one .. holding on to my credit for MCF ire Grove ..

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 4:04 AM
Hi, I'm developer of JA: Templar Mystery. We made our best to evade any situation when you have to be a sniper for clicking at objects. I appologize if we weren't able to fix it everywhere. But, MissB59, there is no problems with clicking to force you to click three times, and no any problem with custom cursor' accuracy, belamba! Hope you will just enjoy the game Nobody is perfect!

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 10, 09 4:23 AM
hello Eugene_Duranin...thanks for reading the posts here, it helps a lot...but...at the end of your post you said "nobody is perfect", surely if you have a game to be released you should make sure that everything is "perfect", i have not played this game yet, it has only just downloaded, it sounds a decent game and i will give it a go, i will post later to let you know what i personally think of it, i expect there will be a lot more posts about this game before then

[Post New]by patinmass77 on Dec 10, 09 4:45 AM
I agree with the comments re: difficulties with clicking on objects. Also, the dialogue is not written in good English. Too bad; looks like it would be a fund game but these problems make the experience annoying.

[Post New]by me_gabby on Dec 10, 09 5:58 AM
I also had trouble clicking on items, as well as "hint".

Definitely will not buy this game. Finding that a lot lately with Big Fish; games have lots of technical issues.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 10, 09 6:32 AM
I have played 30 minutes from this game and haven`t problems to find clues. The graphic is very good and they are not tiny clues. Well done, developers!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 6:36 AM
88blyth wrote:hello Eugene_Duranin...thanks for reading the posts here, it helps a lot...but...at the end of your post you said "nobody is perfect", surely if you have a game to be released you should make sure that everything is "perfect", i have not played this game yet, it has only just downloaded, it sounds a decent game and i will give it a go, i will post later to let you know what i personally think of it, i expect there will be a lot more posts about this game before then

Thank you for critisism. Of course we tested game a lot and fixed hell lot of bugs. I apologize again for bugs we missed.
About clicking problems. We working on it (to find this bug). Only cause I see now is hardware problems with your PC and consequent problems with game speed.

[Post New]by me_gabby on Dec 10, 09 10:25 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:
88blyth wrote:hello Eugene_Duranin...thanks for reading the posts here, it helps a lot...but...at the end of your post you said "nobody is perfect", surely if you have a game to be released you should make sure that everything is "perfect", i have not played this game yet, it has only just downloaded, it sounds a decent game and i will give it a go, i will post later to let you know what i personally think of it, i expect there will be a lot more posts about this game before then

Thank you for critisism. Of course we tested game a lot and fixed hell lot of bugs. I apologize again for bugs we missed.
About clicking problems. We working on it (to find this bug). Only cause I see now is hardware problems with your PC and consequent problems with game speed.

[Post New]by me_gabby on Dec 10, 09 10:28 AM
Eugene, I don't think it's a hardware problem with our computers; that's a ridiculous thing to say! I've played other games from BF and not had these problems.

I refuse to buy a game if there is no trial version just for this reason.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 10:34 AM
me_gabby wrote:Eugene, I don't think it's a hardware problem with our computers; that's a ridiculous thing to say! I've played other games from BF and not had these problems.

I refuse to buy a game if there is no trial version just for this reason.

I'm sorry, me_gabby, it is BFG's field to consult technical issues. I'm sure everything will be fixed soon.

My apology if I'm wrong with your problem it is hard to consult distantly, Eugene.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Dec 11, 09 12:35 AM
Hi Eugene,
10 out of 10 for answering our posts relating to your game!
I've played a zillion games on this computer, and of the rare problems encountered like access violations etc, not once has clicking with my cursor been a fault. It is not a hardware problem!
I will wait for the bugs to be fixed by you or BFG before buying it. Also, the misnamed items is annoying when playing HOG. I have mastered the differences between English and American, but a 'mop' and 'swab' for example are not one and the same.
I like the concept of the game, the sliding screens, different puzzles.....
BTW; you don't have to be perfect, but your games most certainly do when you are expecting people to buy them.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 11, 09 2:46 AM
belamba wrote:Hi Eugene,
10 out of 10 for answering our posts relating to your game!
I've played a zillion games on this computer, and of the rare problems encountered like access violations etc, not once has clicking with my cursor been a fault. It is not a hardware problem!
I will wait for the bugs to be fixed by you or BFG before buying it. Also, the misnamed items is annoying when playing HOG. I have mastered the differences between English and American, but a 'mop' and 'swab' for example are not one and the same.
I like the concept of the game, the sliding screens, different puzzles.....
BTW; you don't have to be perfect, but your games most certainly do when you are expecting people to buy them.

Thank you, belamba, for your patience!
We are working on to fix all problems that I've seen on this forum!

As I said (about nobody is perfect) before - it isn't excuse but explanation - so we definetely have to work harder to minimize any problematic encounters in the game.

Best regards, Eugene.

[Post New]by butter126 on Dec 11, 09 2:45 PM
I had the same problem. Looks like it could be a decent game if not for the frustration level ie clicking mutiple times on objects with no results. I too had the same problem with the exit menu.

KC668
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by KC668 on Dec 12, 09 2:34 PM
I have just downloaded and installed Jane Angel. From the first Object Screen at the Airport, I too have been experiencing lots of problems with clicking on an individual object. I gave up after about 10 minutes.

I have been playing Big Fish Games going on 3 years now and have never experienced this type of problem to this level. Being that others our experiencing similar problems, I don't believe its a hardware problem on my end.

For what it is worth, the story and graphics are definately up to what I've come to expect from Big Fish Games. I do look forward to playing the adventure when the technical problems can be fixed.

Perhaps Big Fish Games will offer a "new" download. So those of us who down loaded and were unable to play, can get the full experience.

Edited on 12/12/2009 at 2:34:48 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 12, 09 2:59 PM
I don't know if my experience could be same as your with items not responding to clicks. Will toss it on here just in case.

Recently I kept having to click click on objects not responding on a game, sometimes it happens when the correct pixel is required to hit the right spot. But in this case no matter where I clicked on bigger ones it either took mulltiple clicks (and I hate when the random scolding happens) sometimes nothing happens. I use a cordless mouse I just love, very rapid for games. So I thought hmm maybe battery is weak so changed it, just uses one AA. No change, little better but gave up. It was a game that required some dragging, quite a bit actually,

I went back on internet and was surfing and found it was taking more clicks just to get a link or new page. So figured it must be that game I was on. So I dragged out my older corded one, went back to the same game and zip zip zip fast, normal response.

My own conclusion is that a cordless mouse after a few dragging items may get weaker and next click could have a delay before mouse gets back to normal level. Mine has a light, red if weak, green good, and the red light never came on. But since then I'm having no non click response using the corded plugged into the USB port. The cordless one uses a signal thing remote plugged into the laptop's USB, laptop plugged into electricity. So maybe there could be some delay in remote signal too. I don't know, but for consistant response I am sadly back to dealing with corded one. I'm using the cordless now on pc. Still now and then it acts up, no response first clicks. So, possible it is a hardware problem. I know on an older cordless that worked off an RF unit, I could get interference from maybe neighbor's tv, microwave maybe, whatever, have to change channels even on expensive cordless keyboard. Junked those for this newer USB remote.

So far all my other games I'm having no click delays either. Good luck, sounds like a great game but waiting to see if there is a rebuild version for issues you talked about.

[Post New]by kivorykay on Dec 13, 09 8:19 AM
I've been playing all morning -- had to find the right spot on a couple of items but nothing like the complaints others are sharing. I'm definitely using a game credit on this one.

[Post New]by vetswife50 on Dec 13, 09 7:18 PM
[i]wish i had read all these messages, before purchasing this game. am having the same problems. can click on an objext several times, will not move, then come back to it and it works. thought it was me, now i know it is not. shame we can't get our money back.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 14, 09 3:12 AM
vetswife50 wrote:[i]wish i had read all these messages, before purchasing this game. am having the same problems. can click on an objext several times, will not move, then come back to it and it works. thought it was me, now i know it is not. shame we can't get our money back.

Hi, vetswife50.
Please contact Technical Support Team - I'm sure they can help you.
There is surely reasonable explanation for your problem, cause thousands people haven't this one! Also we made testing and also found that all objects are fine with clicking. Sorry that our game caused your negative emotions.

Best regards, Eugene (developer).

[Post New]by Jjazzmine on Apr 21, 10 12:54 PM
My problem is I already bought the dam game. My cursor blink constantly and then dissppear from my eyes and I can.t pi9ck the objects because don.t know where the cursor is. Any idea hoe to fix it? If not I need you guys change this game for other one Mrs Beeching.

Go to: