problems with game

problems with game

[Post New]by greeneyes324 on Dec 10, 09 3:54 AM
I have downloaded the free trial. The game will not open to full screen. It makes it very hard to locate the hidden objects. I selected the full screen option and nothing changes. Please help.

haggishead
Shark
Shark
13,780 Posts

Re:problems with game

[Post New]by haggishead on Dec 10, 09 7:32 AM
Downloaded trial and when I tried to access game the screen went blank and had to restart computer.

klsuch
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by klsuch on Dec 10, 09 7:38 AM
I have no mouse pointer!!

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on Dec 10, 09 8:13 AM
Downloaded trial version and am getting an access error. Deleted game. Will d/l again to see what happens.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 8:23 AM
klsuch wrote:I have no mouse pointer!!

Hi, klsuch.
Try to turn off custom cursors.
I know it isn't easy without pointer, but all buttons are "switch on" when rolled over. So go OPTIONS and deselect "Allow custom cursors" - it will help!

[Post New]by rivertalking on Dec 10, 09 9:11 AM
Help! I can't get past the blinking lights minigame. Even with Skip it I am left with the blinking object and no clue. Don't want to waste my free trial on this minigame. I want to evaluate other screens. I like the scrolling and the differences twist

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Dec 10, 09 12:19 PM
hi i am also having trouble with the blinking light game. i skipped it and was left with the game with the words at the bottom hydrocarbonic analyser . what do i do now

Game will not run

[Post New]by buttermilk2 on Dec 10, 09 2:16 PM
As you can see I usually just get to read these forums and have few problems - but as intriguing as this one looks I can't even get it to run - the screen is garbled with different colored grid squares on the screen -

But I am glad you can disconnect the cursor - my number one pet peeve - old eyes hate those cursors!!!

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Dec 11, 09 3:07 PM
I, too, am having a problem with the game. I had gotten to the second "link the blinking lights" puzzle and, after several tries, opted to skip the puzzle. When I clicked the "skip it" button, I instantly had a screen of about 1/8 of my full screen when I had had a full screen picture before. In that 1/8, I have a picture of the lower right corner of the "slip the lights" puzzle with all the spaces filled and the game will not progress! I have tried to escape from it, but as soon as I try again to start it up, I get the same screen again. I have not had a problem with a game in many months and do love this game, so I am most unhappy that I am having a problem! I will contact tech support but wanted others to know of my problem. Reading here, it appears I am not alone. This is too bad!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 11, 09 3:17 PM
forensicMD wrote:I, too, am having a problem with the game. I had gotten to the second "link the blinking lights" puzzle and, after several tries, opted to skip the puzzle. When I clicked the "skip it" button, I instantly had a screen of about 1/8 of my full screen when I had had a full screen picture before. In that 1/8, I have a picture of the lower right corner of the "slip the lights" puzzle with all the spaces filled and the game will not progress! I have tried to escape from it, but as soon as I try again to start it up, I get the same screen again. I have not had a problem with a game in many months and do love this game, so I am most unhappy that I am having a problem! I will contact tech support but wanted others to know of my problem. Reading here, it appears I am not alone. This is too bad!

Hi, forensicMD.
I'm sorry that you faced this problem. We are working on fixing bugs. I'm sure Technical Support will give you help.

Eugene.

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 3:26:04 PM PST

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Dec 11, 09 3:33 PM
I like this game but am also having the no full screen problem. When I first played trial, I had full screen. After I bought game, I cannot get it to go to full screen again. Have tried no custom cursor, have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling with no luck.

Somebody please let me know if they have found a fix for this or if there will be a patch coming out soon. Thanks

Poco

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 11, 09 3:38 PM
pocojazz wrote:I like this game but am also having the no full screen problem. When I first played trial, I had full screen. After I bought game, I cannot get it to go to full screen again. Have tried no custom cursor, have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling with no luck.

Somebody please let me know if they have found a fix for this or if there will be a patch coming out soon. Thanks

Poco

Hi, pocojazz.
Please write to Technical Support Team! It will be great if you'll describe how you got this problem with maximum details.

Best regards, Euegene.

M_A_X
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by M_A_X on Dec 11, 09 4:37 PM
Hi, everybody!

If you have problem with lights mini-game (like I had), you should know that you have to skip it (green button in left side of screen, ready after 60 secs) not wait till it be prompted after you have deadlock with balls!

[Post New]by rivertalking on Dec 11, 09 6:26 PM
Hooray! I got past the blinking lights game. The suggestion to hit the skip it as soon as it is available is great. Thank you! I was able top finish my demo and will probably go for the full game now.

kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kathycot on Dec 17, 09 11:52 AM
Sorry I tried that twic and it didn't work. The only way I can get out of it is ctrl/alt/del. Would love to hear if there are any other solutions! It is driving me batty! And yes I bought the game already.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 17, 09 1:31 PM
kathycot wrote:Sorry I tried that twic and it didn't work. The only way I can get out of it is ctrl/alt/del. Would love to hear if there are any other solutions! It is driving me batty! And yes I bought the game already.

Hi, kathycot!
If you still didn't contact BFG Technical Support Team, then please wait till upcoming update! I'm sure it'll be very soon.

Regards, Eugene.

madstitcher54
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by madstitcher54 on Dec 20, 09 8:25 PM
Chapter 5 Lab game "crashes" every time I tell it to skip. I have to start the task master and get the game to stop that way. Then I may even have to shut down my computer and start it again.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 21, 09 12:40 AM
madstitcher54 wrote:Chapter 5 Lab game "crashes" every time I tell it to skip. I have to start the task master and get the game to stop that way. Then I may even have to shut down my computer and start it again.

Hi, madstitcher54!
Thank you for this bug report! I'm sorry that you faced it. Probably there will be another update! There is a final movie after this level.

Eugene (developer).

[Post New]by Dyhann on Jun 13, 10 12:03 AM
my problem with turning off cursors is how do you turn the darn thing off if you dont have one to use to start with,now i have just wasted my whole dam trial version with trying to get the stupid thing turned off so i can play the game, now i dont even get to try the game even if i could turn the stupid thing off

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Feb 19, 11 1:22 PM
After playing the trial for 22 minutes, I tried to use the Hint button -- it highlighted the item but then did not allow me to pick up the item, just kept making a metallic sound with each click of the mouse...I'm not inclinded to purchase this game with my initial problem and the others described here. However, I am open to suggestions!

Go to: