annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

We need to talk about feeder games (well, I do anyway)

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Feb 17, 16 12:24 AM
Some time ago I set up a second game. I didn't tell anyone about it (maybe this was my mistake) but thought it would be useful. It isn't really though and I maybe did not think it through properly. I send stuff there from my main game when I have acquired some of the items that are difficult to find at the best of times (like those blue Immortal whatsits). But why - perhaps just to be generous to my up-and-coming second player? But I can only send stuff either way once a day and if I need something for a quest I can get hold of it quicker by just doing the relevant HOs. If I want something for a daily quest then yes, if I have not already sent something back to my main game I can at some point get the item but it is all very time-consuming and I might do better just to ignore the daily quest or spend a few of my diamonds.

I was behind most players in reaching the limits of the game (I started playing in March 2015) so the items I most need to accumulate are those relating to the Dark Tower (although levels of all inventory items have gone down since the latest update). As my feeder game is a long way behind my main game it is useless for collecting the Dark Tower items.

Please can someone tell me how to make the feeder game work to best advantage now that I have laid my total ignorance and lack of intelligent thinking bare for all to see.

TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Re:We need to talk about feeder games (well, I do anyway)

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Feb 17, 16 3:26 AM
Hi,

I do not think this is an original thought. I started several feeder games which I took to level 10. I then collect the event items, eggs from the wheel etc. for the Consortium.
I've no interest in advancing those games but it relieves the tedium of waiting for an update. I find this quite relaxing.

Tammy.

hera1952
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by hera1952 on Feb 17, 16 3:58 AM
What are feeder games and how do you create them? I woild appreciate any advice. Thanks.

TickledTrout
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by TickledTrout on Feb 17, 16 4:19 AM
Feeder games are just a new game on your hard drive.

Go to control panel settings.
Choose add or remove user accounts
Click on create new account
A box will appear, follow instructions, name it and you will have a new game on the desk top.
Do not be alarmed if the desk top looks the same it will have your new game on it.
When you want to play either game just switch user.

Tammy

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Feb 17, 16 5:59 AM
I use my feeder game to restock pet food and stamps, to gift high value items that I win on the WoF in my feeder game to my main game, and when I can, to help the Consortium.

I also use my feeder game to help with gifting. I pretty much only gift HOS items when I'm working on a quest that needs them. Since I can work on a second set of quests in my feeder game, I'm able to gift more often.

When I'm working on multiple high demand items (as I was 3 weeks ago when I was working on the Banner of Loyalty, Polestar and Immortal Treasure simultaneously), I was able to send 2 gifts/day to friends because one game had one of the items and the other game had the other two.

I've also transferred an item to my feeder game to be able to gift 2 of the same item to the same person on the same day. This may seem strange taken out of context, but when you're sending 10 players multiple high demand items over 4-5 days, the gifting goes more quickly by being able to double up.

Hope that gives some additional food for thought!

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Feb 17, 16 10:16 AM
I am grateful for your responses which I will take on board along with the experiences of any other players who are kind enough to respond. Will then see if I can make better use of my feeder game than I am doing at the moment.

Thanks again.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 17, 16 10:33 AM
Sad we have to have feeder games to get inventory for main game.

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Feb 17, 16 11:23 AM
I have a couple of feeder games and I let them stay at a certain level while I do their quests and then send the items to my main games. Because I found it a hassle switching from one to another I downloaded 'Fast User Switch'. It's free, very small and works a treat!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 17, 16 1:11 PM
I have 3 games that I do not play but use them to help friends move inventory from a dying computer to their new one.

I also use them to help a christmas consortium member park eggs there for the consortium.

I spin the wheel if there are eggs, or crafted items on it. They get gifted out to friends that may need them.

Even though I have closed next to them, they still get invites, which, unfortunately I need to decline. I don't understand why someone would send an invite to a closed game.

I do not play the HOS in those games on a regular basis, and only a few times during the events. Anything collected there will go to my main game to be given out to friends that need them.

I find that, at level 69, I can get what I need from my main game.

They did not start out to be feeder games, but to help me get my daily fix during the great level 18 lock out.

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Feb 17, 16 1:39 PM
I had two feeder games when my main was going through the "Nightmare" stages of the game. You know where every quest sent you to either the Binding Egg or the Flag. I used it mainly stock up on Blood Lotuses. Yes, I got insanely tired of going to the Binding Egg. Once I got level 60 though, they became gifting games. I had all my friends spread out on all three games so I could at least gift them once every other day. There were those that helped me out that I would send to everyday.

I used both Nimie and Dal (my two alts) to then collect additional Christmas eggs for the Consortium. Now Nimie just sits and waits to see if any of my friends need something she can provide or swap stamps. Dal is now progressing, slowly but progressing. I got bored during the Christmas event and I spent more time on her than my main so I decided to play the quests all over. While I do have a lot of the same friends on all three, my main still has more and both my alts have gained different friends from my main.

It's really just about what you want your feeders to provide for you. While, yes, the feeders can only gift once a day, that once does help out. They also sometimes just come in handy because one game may be luckier than another with getting eggs on the wheel or even crafted items. There are pros and cons to having a second a game but I'm glad I started the other two. I get a bit frustrated sometimes when I can't remember the story (I think there is a story) so being able to replay bits is nice. Uhm, yeah rambling, going back to my corner now.

gadget23mom
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by gadget23mom on Feb 17, 16 2:12 PM
Feeder games help me to build my coin stock for my main game. Since you can't gift yourself diamonds, I use my feeder games to craft expensive items that cost a small fortune , then stock my main game with them, I also will sell those crafted items to keep my coins at a certain level in the main game, because as you know opening up new areas usually costs a small fortune.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Feb 17, 16 4:00 PM
With a little prep work, a feeder game can also be used as a crafting center. You will need to play a bunch of rounds to build up coins and stamps (and maybe a few diamonds), but you can then use your feeder game to craft items and send them to your main without depleting your main game's inventory/stamps/coins.

I wouldn't recommend this for the newer crafts for HOSs and ZZs, of course, but it's a nice way to build up reserves of some of the older crafting items.

Astra

[Post New]by strictly2leftfe on Feb 18, 16 3:27 AM
Lucky PC players! Does anyone know if it's possible to have two or more games active on iOS?

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Feb 18, 16 4:58 AM
iOS: feeder games only possible if you have multiple devices. My feeder game is on my iPhone, my main game is on my iPad. Not sure if I could have a third game if I bought a MacBook Pro ... it's on my wish list!

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 5:06:38 AM PST

Wolfheze
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfheze on Feb 20, 16 10:50 AM
I have one feeder game, which I leveled up till level 10. I chose to not further level up that game, I don't have time to play 2 games. In fact I rarely play it anymore, make a round of the Hos maybe once a month to resplenish on the most asked items like murderers eyes or if there is an event.
I use that game to:
1. Gift to my friends mainly (even in a lifetime I would not be able to gift all the inventory to myself that one has already accumulated at level 10 - wel probably it should take a year or 2 at least)
2. To gift crafted items or eggs to myself which I have won at the wheel.
3. To swap items whith myself or friends (stamps, cards, snowflakes).
4. Always planning to, but never done yet because as said there is already so much inventory : buy myself some bloody lotuses with the diamonds I have accumulated.

In essence I found that a feeder game can be of a little help to yourself, but a lot of help to your friends. I think I would have given up on mine otherwise.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Feb 20, 16 12:27 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Sad we have to have feeder games to get inventory for main game.

Agree.... Also the time to do both. Have two iOS devices, but iPhone too small for me to see. Can pinch screen to enlarge, but too time consuming. Will reflect further, if I purchase larger screen....

Crystal ; P

annieliz1
Salmon
Salmon
2,640 Posts

[Post New]by annieliz1 on Feb 20, 16 1:15 PM
I am following your ideas with much interest. I think the people who feel they are most useful for helping friends have a good point. I have just taken on an extra friend (i.e. as well as myself), heaven knows how they found my feeder game but for me life is full of little mysteries. I'll see how it goes.

KrisMom
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KrisMom on Feb 20, 16 6:16 PM
My feeder game turned out to have much better luck on the Wheel of Fortune and dice than my base game.
Without it, I would NOT have all the eggs in either game.
I use it to pass high-value items to my main game.

I am currently on level 63 on my main game, and 30 in my feeder game. I will play the feeder game, gifting in the opposite direction, when I get the first game to the top.

This all assumes that I will get my games back -- I heard from Tech Support today, so I am hoping to be back early next week

[Post New]by strictly2leftfe on Feb 21, 16 6:54 AM
Aurora378 wrote:iOS: feeder games only possible if you have multiple devices. My feeder game is on my iPhone, my main game is on my iPad. Not sure if I could have a third game if I bought a MacBook Pro ... it's on my wish list!

Thank you Aurora, I thought as much. Unfortunately my iPhone is old and won't upgrade to iOS 7 which is needed for a working version of MC. Talk about Catch22!

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Mar 5, 16 2:55 PM
I have an android feeder game, but only because I have 2 Kindles. My old one fritzed out on me, so I bought a new one and had to start all over with a new game. Then when I dumped all the extra aps off the old Kindle, my MC game started working again. I use it to feed eggs and rare items. I'm not really advancing it and I keep my friend list smaller on that game so that I can gift them with only an every other day delay in gifting unless all they have on their list are items I just don't have.

It's kind of nice to just do the HOSs on that older game and not worry about advancing anymore. Also...bonus...it didn't update so I'm still getting item drops with every HOS completion.

I have thought about a feeder game on my pc, but 3 games is about all I can handle. 2 Kindles/1pc game.

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 2:56:21 PM PST

Go to: