bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 17, 16 12:29 AM
A father and son holiday trip has turned into a missing persons' case after they visit a remote mountain chalet and aren't heard from again. Strange forces seem to have brought you to this dark and secretive place to uncover the truth. As you delve deeper, you start to uncover an intriguing trail that seems to link the disappearances with an ancient and shadowy presence that curses the nearby forest.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re:Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon

[Post New]by jdelbove on Feb 17, 16 7:59 AM
Demo ran out just as I was about to use the allen key on the boiler so I bought the game but when I went back to continue the allen key was gone! I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it's still not there. I cannot go forward in this game without it. Now what?

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Feb 17, 16 9:01 AM
I had the same issue with the map piece. The demo ended after I had found it and was about to add it to the pieces in the cabinet. I bought the game and when I went back in, the map piece had disappeared and there is no way of retrieving it. I am going to change player and start the game again to see if that works!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 17, 16 9:18 AM
I posted in another thread concerning the amulet. Exited the game, purchased and when I re-entered the game everything was gone from inventory except the garden knife and the hint keeps taking me back to the garden with no medallion to use. Grrr

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Feb 17, 16 10:56 AM
pjplanner wrote:I had the same issue with the map piece. The demo ended after I had found it and was about to add it to the pieces in the cabinet. I bought the game and when I went back in, the map piece had disappeared and there is no way of retrieving it. I am going to change player and start the game again to see if that works!

It did work so it seems that the only way to get over this problem is to start the game again as a different player

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 17, 16 2:52 PM
I beta tested this game six months ago and found it reasonably interesting, but with no walkthrough I will not be purchasing. I have had too many experiences with HOG games that I could not complete when I got stuck at the same place most others did, so we could not help each other move on. A few years ago, I developed a philosophy of: No walkthrough = No Purchase.

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 1:00:05 AM PST

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Feb 20, 16 3:34 PM
Good thinking, thistle809, especially with this game. The hints are useless in many places. Glad you aren't having the frustrations the rest of us are.

[Post New]by alanmalta2006 on Feb 29, 16 12:21 PM
my game is not working i am very dissapointed the trouble is i found the file which i put back in the filing cabinet, then it dissapeared again and i am stuck cannot go ant further keeps taking me to the reception

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 1, 16 12:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issues some have been seeing in the game. I understand that some of the inventory items have been disappearing after re-entering the game. When a technical glitch like this occurs, our help articles can be a definite help. The following has a set of steps that can help when items disappear in a game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this problem is persisting, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are more than happy to help, and have the tools to gather information on and report problems like this.

If anyone notices a tech issue in the future, please feel free to post in the thread I've included below. By posting here, the Forum Moderation Team can track trends and make sure they're reported to the appropriate team:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon here.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by oceanjonesn2 on Mar 1, 16 9:32 PM
Bought it and now after being really frustrated by hints. Example I know the jaw needs to be opened but not showing me in the hint anything but the magazine piece is missing is hugely stupid. I got it now at least give me an answer. I have had this with this game maker in the past you would think if we continually complain about hints you have an issue. I am fed up with this game and will not continue until I find a walk through that will give me the answer.

Go to: