Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 17, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/17/2016 at 5:04:55 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 17, 16 5:05 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mysteries of the Past: Shadow of the Daemon here.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 17, 16 6:36 AM
The cursor is sooo jerky, it took me ages to get it to the point where I needed it. Not much fun this way , so I quit the game... Too bad, it looks nice!

chrelm
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by chrelm on Feb 17, 16 7:39 AM
Had been in the middle of the stone puzzle in the clearing in the forest when the demo ran out. I bought the game and when I opened it to play again, the pieces I need to do the stone puzzle were no longer in my inventory but were missing in the puzzle as well. Looks like I have to start the game all over again! Rats!

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Feb 17, 16 7:54 AM
Demo ran out just as I was about to use the allen key on the boiler so I bought the game but when I went back to continue the allen key was gone! I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it's still not there. I cannot go forward in this game without it. Now what?

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 17, 16 9:21 AM
This seems to be happening throughout the game where ever you exit to purchase. some of the things in your inventory disappear and I guess the only solution is to start over with a new profile.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Feb 17, 16 10:38 AM
There is a distinct pattern of necessary items disappearing upon purchase of the game.

I've running Windows 7 64 bit. I'd gotten the rod, had gone back and moved the stone off the skeleton when my demo time ran out. I bought the game, was taken back only to find the stone on the skeleton, the rod not in my Inventory and it was no longer under the floorboards of the cabin.

I think enough people have had this problem with discontinuity of items when they've purchased, no matter where they are in the game, that there has to be a glitch. Not thrilled about having to start the game over.

Edited on 02/17/2016 at 10:38:42 AM PST

[Post New]by Aruuuu04 on Feb 17, 16 6:04 PM
I ran out of time right after putting the wolf to sleep and releasing the trap. Placed the puzzle piece where it belonged, and that was it. Purchased the game, went back in, the piece is missing !!!! This sucks.......

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Feb 17, 16 6:28 PM
Aruuuu04 wrote:I ran out of time right after putting the wolf to sleep and releasing the trap. Placed the puzzle piece where it belonged, and that was it. Purchased the game, went back in, the piece is missing !!!! This sucks.......

The same exact thing happened to me too! Weird! I am going to uninstall and reinstall and use a different name to play. If that doesn't work.....I'll have to wait for an update download.

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Feb 18, 16 11:20 AM
same problem, purchased the game after time ran out and now I can't proceed , when I came to the Forest level, keeps bringing me back and can not proceed anymore inventory is missing . I hate to delete and start all over, sucks!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 18, 16 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there have been tech issues occurring in the game. Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to post what they've been coming across. I suggest taking a look at the following help article for information and troubleshooting steps that can help with these sorts of issues:

If people are still encountering an issue, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and have the tools to gather data on and report technical problems. I'm also going to pass along these posts on the inventory items disappearing so that the appropriate team can see them.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by breny317 on Feb 19, 16 12:10 PM
Caught the spider then demo ran out, bought the game and now I have a spider in the jar and a spider hanging infront of cabin and I cant catch the new spider because I have one in my jar. I guess I will have to start over. to many glitches.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 19, 16 5:21 PM
Hi breny317,

I'm sorry to hear there was trouble with the jar with the spider. Starting the game over can definitely help when these kinds of problems come up. The following help article also has steps which can apply in a variety of scenarios, and may resolve this issue:

If there's still a problem in the game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report for further troubleshooting. Our Reps are always more than happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

azhigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by azhigh on Feb 20, 16 5:29 PM
Too many glitches with inventory. I have started over once, to get a chain that disappeared. Now I am stuck again. Wish I had not spent the money.

jordway
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jordway on Feb 21, 16 12:43 PM
Same problem here. Ran out of time with the demo....bought the game...when I returned to the game the last inventory item I had acquired was gone. Like the others, I am going to try restarting the game as a different player. The game doesn't crash, or freeze, or hang up. It still plays but I will not be able to complete one of the steps. I am running Windows 10.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 24, 16 9:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues that are arising in the game. As you mentioned, jordway, starting a new profile can definitely help move past this. I've also gone ahead and included a help article below with some troubleshooting steps specifically for Windows 10:

Windows 10

azhigh, I'm sorry to hear that the game is giving you trouble after starting over. If anyone continues to have issues with the game, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help, and can provide further troubleshooting steps, as well as replacements, or even refunds if needed.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by pierina20 on Feb 25, 16 8:40 AM

I'm at the skeleton in the pit, and click relentlessly on the bag marked A in order to find the crowbar and open the jaw but it doesn't work. I get no crowbar. I've started the game twice.
I'm using Windows 8.1 on a new PC, ACER Aspire Nitro V15.
Thanks and regards
Pierina

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 25, 16 2:47 PM
Hi pierina20,

I'm sorry to hear there's been some trouble collecting that crowbar. I've taken a look in the forums, and it looks like pnk96722 has posted some great information about collecting the crowbar in another thread. It sounds like you'll need to use a horseshoe in order to get that bag open. I've gone ahead and included a link to that thread below in case you'd like to check it out:

skeltons Teeth

If there's still a problem opening the bag, and it seems like it's a tech issue, I encourage reading the following help article, which has steps that can help in many different scenarios:

When there's a persisting tech issue in a game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any of our Reps will be happy to help as best they can.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Feb 29, 16 6:05 PM
cant find the wood to fix the ladder

[Post New]by Lisaroberts1 on Mar 1, 16 5:43 PM
Im having problems where you use magnet and get camera and token and it crashes

Error access violation at 0x00876c45 program terminated

Go to: