Too rough on Jane,Give her a break.

[Post New]by Oliviaherself on Dec 10, 09 10:51 AM
The comments on Jane Angel are nit-picking. The graphics are clear as a bell, I have bad eyes and I could see everything, nothing was too small. I have trouble when the pictures are blurry or confusing, that was not the case here. I did not put it on timed, which I usually do, and that helped with the morphing objects.As for spelling, artists can't spell, we are right brained, and these poor guys are working in a foreign language, to boot. You are only as good as your proof reader. As for the difference in words, I have found it true in many games, British as well as Russian, it only makes it more fun. I look at it as one more puzzle. I worked in books, as an artist, and you would be surprised how many regional differences there are in words in the USA,bag and sack, bucket and pail, come to mind.The moving screen is fun, the mini games are pleasing ,and - what's wrong with this picture-, has a good twist. I like my games a bit more complex, Big Fishes M.C.F.'s has ruined me,for simpler games, but this game is just fine. P.S. I did a spell check, but I am sure you can catch me on grammar and punctuation!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 10:55 AM
Oliviaherself wrote:The comments on Jane Angel are nit-picking. The graphics are clear as a bell, I have bad eyes and I could see everything, nothing was too small. I have trouble when the pictures are blurry or confusing, that was not the case here. I did not put it on timed, which I usually do, and that helped with the morphing objects.As for spelling, artists can't spell, we are right brained, and these poor guys are working in a foreign language, to boot. You are only as good as your proof reader. As for the difference in words, I have found it true in many games, British as well as Russian, it only makes it more fun. I look at it as one more puzzle. I worked in books, as an artist, and you would be surprised how many regional differences there are in words in the USA,bag and sack, bucket and pail, come to mind.The moving screen is fun, the mini games are pleasing ,and - what's wrong with this picture-, has a good twist. I like my games a bit more complex, Big Fishes M.C.F.'s has ruined me,for simpler games, but this game is just fine. P.S. I did a spell check, but I am sure you can catch me on grammar and punctuation!

Hello, Oliviaherself!
Thank you for your understanding and hope you are enjoying this relaxing game. We targeted at being "softcore" HOG for fun and good time!

Developers.

darkstarr
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by darkstarr on Dec 10, 09 11:09 AM
Oliviaherself wrote:The comments on Jane Angel are nit-picking. The graphics are clear as a bell, I have bad eyes and I could see everything, nothing was too small. I have trouble when the pictures are blurry or confusing, that was not the case here. I did not put it on timed, which I usually do, and that helped with the morphing objects.As for spelling, artists can't spell, we are right brained, and these poor guys are working in a foreign language, to boot. You are only as good as your proof reader. As for the difference in words, I have found it true in many games, British as well as Russian, it only makes it more fun. I look at it as one more puzzle. I worked in books, as an artist, and you would be surprised how many regional differences there are in words in the USA,bag and sack, bucket and pail, come to mind.The moving screen is fun, the mini games are pleasing ,and - what's wrong with this picture-, has a good twist. I like my games a bit more complex, Big Fishes M.C.F.'s has ruined me,for simpler games, but this game is just fine. P.S. I did a spell check, but I am sure you can catch me on grammar and punctuation!

I agree with you 100%. It is funny because I made another post and used the same phrase nit picking. I love the game also and have 4 different countries in my blood
so I love the words does make it interesting, always helps to learn new things.
My eyes are bad also and the graphics are great, I agree Give Jane a break and lighten up, More larger problems in the world to worry over than cutting up a game,

Happy Holidays.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

Re:Too rough on Jane,Give her a break.

[Post New]by corbs123 on Dec 20, 09 9:19 PM
i dont mind the game so far only played 30 minutes i hate having to move the screen over to look for other objects gets me confussed, and i dont use spell check so i yes my spelling can be wrong but what if bucket is a pail blah blah wish i could speak another language in fact takes me all the time to speak at all.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Dec 20, 09 9:32 PM
I really like the game and will buy more like it, I hope!!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 21, 09 12:42 AM
Harriju wrote:I really like the game and will buy more like it, I hope!!

Hi, Harriju!
Thank you !
Surely we'll do Jane 2 (more mysterious, more adventure, but without any bug ! )

Best regards, Eugene.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Dec 21, 09 12:58 AM
I'll be looking for it! I really enjoyed playing the game and found nothing wrong with it at all. Great game in my opinion. Thank you!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 16, 10 4:39 PM
I'm REALLY enjoying this game, they've taken some typical game play and made it fun and different. Very creative and well made.

[Post New]by MaryMeerkat on May 19, 10 5:07 PM
I thought the game looked pretty decent. It's definitely softcore

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Sep 24, 10 2:32 PM
Absolutely loved this game! I have not had so much fun since my first hidden object game. I hope Jane 2 will be coming soon!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 19, 11 3:56 AM
I decided to post here simply because of the more positive and tolerant attitudes expressed here. I personally love the game and it WILL be a definite buy for me. ! I downloaded without mishap and played for only 21 minutes before deciding it was a keeper! I am running XP and the game plays full screen (no black lines top and bottom as some complained of) or any of the other problems (items too small and hard to find, blurry,etc.) some had. Misspelled words and grammatical errors? Yes, but it did not prevent me from enjoying the game. I thought the graphics and other components of the game were great. As with all games,I suggest you try before you buy to see if the game is compatible with both your pc and your likes and dislikes.
Happy Gaming Fishies!

ps
Devs, great game! English? Hey, even we sometimes have trouble with it!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Feb 19, 11 2:53 PM
I have found nothing wrong with this game, In fact, I will purchase this game today at the sale price of $2.99. Loving the graphics and the story line may be a little lame, but what ever I'm having fun. As far as mistakes, you can find errors in any newspaper, journal, magazine, etc. Relax and have fun . . .

Go to: