Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 18, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 5:14:09 AM PST

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Feb 18, 16 1:19 AM
Half an hour in and was enjoying so far , but then I have the rope ladder with a plus sign and when I click on it the ladder wont leave the inventory ..

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Feb 18, 16 1:32 AM
same here; the screen goes dark, but the rope ladder doesn't appear

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by jackryan on Feb 18, 16 2:02 AM
Game won't run. Error 0x03E1092E

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 18, 16 3:10 AM
Same thing with the ladder, but the plus sign is not green yet, so maybe later it will work?? Not during the demo..

[Post New]by jjteach on Feb 18, 16 3:55 AM
hint button won't work

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Feb 18, 16 5:02 AM
I was playing this game and suddenly I had a screen that said my computer was shutting down to protect it from a possible problem that could damage it. When it started up again, I uninstalled the game.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 18, 16 5:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 18, 16 5:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

After reading through the posts in this thread, I can see that some of you are experiencing issues with the rope ladder and are unable to move past it. The developers are now aware of the issue and are currently working on it.

If the game is crashing, you're receiving an error message, or if the hint and skip buttons aren't working, we've found that the steps in the following help article can resolve this:

We're definitely passing these issues on to the appropriate teams. In the meantime, if you'd prefer not to restart the game or if the recommended steps haven't worked, I definitely recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be glad to help in any way they can.

Thanks for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 1:44:42 PM PST

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Feb 18, 16 5:48 AM
Same issue with the rope ladder as the others. Cannot be viewed when clicked on, even though it is a "+" item and SHOULD be available to view.

Playing on a PC, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Feb 18, 16 7:38 AM
Same here with the hint button, it does not work. Brand new, Windows 10 laptop.

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Feb 18, 16 8:51 AM
I've played other games recently where the plus sign stays red until you get all the bits to put an item together then it turns green. Sometimes items remain unused in the inventory for what can seem ages. Hope this is the case here and not a glitch. Guess developers keep trying to invent new ways so we dont keep moaning there's nothing new in a game!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 18, 16 9:41 AM
Stopping and restarting does not help with these problems. At least, not on my computer.

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Feb 18, 16 11:25 AM
Once i got all 3 boards for the ladder I could assemble it Playing on Win10 32bit. No other problems either.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 18, 16 12:00 PM
playing on windows 8.1 - no problems at all with hint button or the rope ladder. touch wood - everything working great so far

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Ladder

[Post New]by procats on Feb 18, 16 6:14 PM
After you get the three boards for the ladder you will be able to bring it up, but not until then.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 19, 16 10:47 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issues people have been encountering in the game. Thank you to everyone who chimed in about the issue with the rope ladder. We're aware of the issue, and the Forum Moderation Team will continue to pass reports of this along to the right teams.

dippydebby, I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue using the hint button, but I can see that you created a thread with some great information for getting that button working. If anyone else is having a problem with that button, I recommend taking a look at the following thread:

Hint and Skip buttons solution

The following help article also has steps and information that may help if people are still encountering an issue:

If there are still problems occurring in the game, we invite you to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are more than happy to help, and have the tools to gather data on and report problems.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 02/19/2016 at 11:05:22 AM PST

[Post New]by wolfshadow22 on Feb 19, 16 11:03 AM
In my case the skip button wont work

[Post New]by petpaws on Feb 20, 16 4:57 AM
I'm still in the relatively early stages of the game, and just got to the "storage area" where I'm supposed to pick up the canned cat food, fire extinguisher and, most importantly, the light bulb. [These 3 items are supposed to be on the shelf to the left inside the storage area.] I was able to use my box cutter on the case of cat food & get the can, but the fire extinguisher doesn't even exist in my game!!! The light bulb is sitting right there where it is supposed to be but I cannot pick it up, my icon does not change to a hand, it's like the light bulb isn't even there., So I referred to the strategy guide, and it says there should be a fire extinguisher IN FRONT OF the light bulb, but my game does not have the fire extinguisher & I'm assuming that the lack of the extinguisher is the reason I cannot pick up the light bulb also. Needless to say, I can go no further in the game because of this glitch. I was enjoying the game immensely, and planned to play it straight through, but this one issue has completely halted everything & it's really upsetting.....

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 20, 16 11:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to talk about the technical issues that have been occurring.

wolfshadow22, I'm sorry that the skip button hasn't been working in your game. Our help articles are a good resource in this sort of situation. I encourage taking a look at the following, which has steps that may get that button working:

petpaws, I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the items in the storage area. The help article I've included above may also help in this situation, as it has steps that can be applied to a wide range of scenarios. Starting a new profile can also help in situations like these where there's an item that's missing or irretrievable.

If people are still experiencing issues, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are more than happy to help as best they can.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: