Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 18, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 5:14:17 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 18, 16 4:46 AM
I'm not sure if I like this game or not. The storyline is quite dark; a series of murders and a girl who is given back her sight courtesy of one of the victims (this happens in the first 30 seconds of the demo, so I'm not giving anything away).

The colour palette during the demo was mainly blue-ish and the graphics were a touch grainy. There's a strange sound when you move from scene to scene which I found a bit off-putting. Lots of HOS but they are quite varied and there is a Match-3 option. Most of the mini-games were fairly easy and almost solved themselves but there did seem to be a lot of those 'if you move one part it affects another part' puzzles. I'm really not keen on them but I hate to use the skip option so I plodded through them, albeit very reluctantly!

As seems to be the norm lately, there's a 'gadget' of sorts which is used a lot. Thankfully this one has no mini-game attached but it is quite unique and very useful. There are also 3 types of collectibles; morphing objects, files and photos. The map shows tasks and transports and the game has 4 modes of play including custom.

I did come across something that may or may not be a problem. The rope ladder in my inventory had an X by it, indicating something to be done to or with it but it would not appear on screen when I clicked on it. I didn't have anything to use with it at the time, so that may have been why (although I was able to click on the cat food before I got the tin opener). Might be an issue but the demo ended before I had the chance to find out I had 33 minutes left of the 90 and the ending was dramatic to say the least! But I'm pretty sure I already know who the killer is

If the sale this weekend is a good one, I might just go for this game. I would like to know if my instincts about who is the bad guy are right and I did quite enjoy the demo. Just a bit concerned about that rope ladder, so will wait and see if others have any problems.

No technical issues (apart from the possible problem with the ladder) on a desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 18, 16 5:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Tales: Her Own Eyes Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Feb 18, 16 5:43 AM
34 achievements...we get most of them just by playing the game.
18 morphing objects in the scenes
6 photos to collect
unknown number of files on "Stupid Deaths" to be found.

Had the same issue with the rope ladder as angelfish106. It is a "+" item but it would not come up from the inventory to be viewed. As was said, don't know if it will resolve itself when whatever is missing from it is found. But...we SHOULD be able to view it without the missing piece.

Alternate game is match-3. Hint does not transport, but brings up the map with the area highlighted that we need to jump to.

Nothing special about the HOPs. Many of the mini-games in the demo were the type where when one component is moved, others move also.

Happily, the game gimmick doesn't have a repetitive mini-game attached, but does add to the number of cut-scenes that we view. Graphics, voiceovers, music ok. Locking inventory and re-set on puzzles.

Bonus game, strategy guide that I never had to look at, regular CE features. I saw NO REPLAY of HOPs or mini-games. Cannot tell if there will be a chance to go back for missing collectibles.

Had 44 minutes of demo time left, even after spending some of that time looking at the extras. Gameplay is the usual...find the zipper pull, feed the animal, shoo the crow, etc. Everything we need is found within a couple of scenes.

Not interested in playing this game, but for those who are...happy gaming.

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 5:57:46 AM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Feb 18, 16 6:02 AM
I feel the same way as 9otters, there was the "same old" all over again.
I left the demo with 14 achievements, including one for finishing the security camera game, ( which I actually skipped, as I found it too difficult to direct the footsteps, every time I tried to go faster they just stayed in the same place and I kept getting zapped!)
I also thought the "stupid deaths" file was really rather sad and not terribly funny at all, which just could by my sense of humour failure
Not for me thanks!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 18, 16 7:20 AM
Not for me either, scenes are so crowded and almost too colorful, and I like colors but these were over the top in my book.
I got tired of going here and there during demo, so was happy to see the end.
HOS were alright though, but not nice enough to save the game....
Bummer

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 18, 16 9:39 AM
Hi all! Well, we have #4 in this series...naturally, I have them all. Graphics are done quite well, very clear, except when you are in a cut scene using the glasses. That's when it becomes very blurry, but I guess it's because you are having flashbacks. You will have to see the story to know what I'm talking about. I don't review the story, as other do a much better job than I, however, I like this story line. It is different and interesting. Colors are very clear and bright. The only place we see a lot of blue is within the cut scene. Guess we shouldn't complain about the purples either...the devs made the inventory bar purple...silly devs. Game play was mostly very good. I did run across a disappearing rope ladder. Maybe it will show up when I really need to use it. Music is somewhat monotonous and boring, but I usually always turn it down for background noise anyway. The voice overs are well done, but very few and far between. Sound FX are also very few. This is a fairly quiet game, but it does have it's moments.

HOPs are varied and interesting, e.g., lists, silhouettes, riddle type and interactive. They are clear and clean and items are not difficult to find. The interactive HOPs can take a little time to complete. The HOPs are very well done and because of the variation, you don't get bored. If you aren't interested in the HOPs, you can switch to a match 3. Hint system is very helpful, but there is no transport feature. For long distance, the map opens up to where you need to go and you just jump from there. SG is the standard, as usual and other than the collectibles, I don't waste my time using it. Puzzles weren't difficult, but one did take me a little time to complete.

You find and use special glasses that give you insight into the past and why things are happening in the game. Other than that, you also have a varied collectibles list, e.g. morphing objects, file pages and photos. Some of these items are very easy to see, but others you need to dig around for or move things to find them. The morphing items do morph quickly, so be on the lookout for them.

There were a couple of minor problems that need to be fixed, but otherwise, this is a nice game. When I beta tested it, I gave it a 4. Still think that's what it should be, even with the fixes. I like this series, but it would have been much better if they had more character interaction. Maybe it will pick up as the game progresses. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players. Yes, I will get this one, but I will wait for a really good "sale."

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Feb 18, 16 1:54 PM
I am liking this game so far! (Thirty minutes into the game) I believe there just might be adventure in this game! Not just going to a few scenes and doing a few tasks and Etc...........I like mysteries and there is a different feel to this game. Subject matter might be a bit too much for some, but to me it is just a game and I do not take it so seriously.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 18, 16 5:04 PM
Personally I like this game best of all the Domini games. Played through the bonus and enjoyed all of it very much. The side story with the Stupid Deaths was IMO hilarious. Great graphics even on my 27" monitor. Didn't have the sound on so I can't comment on that but, overall I'm really happy with my purchase today. Good job Domini!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 19, 16 5:11 PM
I finished this game. Personally, I enjoyed it. It was definitely not a difficult game to get through - everything worked very well on my Acer w/windows 8.1 - no glitches. enjoyed the sound, voice-overs were good. Graphics were excellent, everything crystal clear - Jump map was good, hints (if needed), worked very well.

IMO - it was a pleasant enough game to while away some time.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Feb 20, 16 6:21 AM
Whilst I'm happy that others may have enjoyed this game, as for me, I've played it and uninstalled it. Nuff said.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Mar 19, 16 7:56 PM
It was a very interesting and engrossing game and I got about 3/4 of the way through when I became so appalled I'm not sure that I can finish it I will explain why.

*SPOILER ALERT*

When it became obvious that the evil is all about Pagans doing human sacrifice, that was IT for me. You see, I am Pagan and a minister. We spend an awful lot of time talking peacefully about what we ARE and what we are not. We are not evil and we do not behave like this. As if we didn't have a bad enough rap, being painted as evil witches and devil worshipers (hard to worship what you don't believe exists) but then to have THIS absolute crap which isn't accurate in *any* way, is completely disrespectful of a perfectly valid and peaceful religion, well, I had to speak up.

Sure, it's "just a game" but this is beyond ridiculous and I'm sick and tired of Pagans constantly being maligned.

I'm very sorry I spend my money on it. Surely there are other ways you can portray evil than by making them Pagan. BTW, such a thing is not even POSSIBLE to do. When we talk about "magic" we are working WITH the forces of nature, not destroying things.

Utterly disgusted here.

Go to: