sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

?? for those who've played both versions of MCF

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 5:44 AM
I read in one of the forums that the $6.99 version of MCF does not have the morphing objects. Is that true?

BF promised us that the 6.99 version would be the exact same version of the game as the CE...that the only difference is the "extras" and by extras I assumed they meant wallpaper, screenshots, strategy guide, videos and the extra levels. But if it is true that the CE has morphing objects and the 6.99 version doesn't then I beg to differ that the two versions are exactly the same game. Are the morphing objects not part of the gameplay? Why do I have to pay $13 extra just for the privilege of playing the real game. I really don't get how the morphing objects are not considered part of the game...they were in Madame Fate, but not here...

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:?? for those who've played both versions of MCF

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 11, 09 5:50 AM
Re: morphing objects, good question. Have you asked Customer Service? Let us know what they say!

?? for those who've played both versions of MCF

[Post New]by lovethemopals on Dec 11, 09 5:51 AM
sillyfeet wrote:I read in one of the forums that the $6.99 version of MCF does not have the morphing objects. Is that true?

BF promised us that the 6.99 version would be the exact same version of the game as the CE...that the only difference is the "extras" and by extras I assumed they meant wallpaper, screenshots, strategy guide, videos and the extra levels. But if it is true that the CE has morphing objects and the 6.99 version doesn't then I beg to differ that the two versions are exactly the same game. Are the morphing objects not part of the gameplay? Why do I have to pay $13 extra just for the privilege of playing the real game. I really don't get how the morphing objects are not considered part of the game...they were in Madame Fate, but not here...

I haven't played this yet, and didn't play the CE. My wife is playing the regular game and says the items that are supposed to morf, aren't morphing. So maybe they aren't supposed to in this game.

Paul

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 5:53 AM
And that's what I read as well...that the objects that "morph" in the CE version do not "morph" in the regular version.

So, again, I fail to see how BF has given us the EXACT same game when it is clear that they haven't...that those who opt to buy the regular price game are actually losing some game play by not shelling out the extra money. And to me that just plain stinks!!

dcubed
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by dcubed on Dec 11, 09 5:56 AM
OK, I'm a newbie, but what are morphing objects? I understand that morph means change, but don't understand how it works in a game . Thanks!

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 6:04 AM
Morphing objects are objects in the scene that change...an ice cream cone becomes a teddy bear then changes back to an ice cream cone for example.

In MCF Madame Fate finding the morphing objects opened up extra levels. In Dire Grove I don't know what they do. But I certainly feel like I'm being punished if I opt for the cheaper version of the game b/c the morphs aren't there.

dcubed
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by dcubed on Dec 11, 09 6:08 AM
Do the objects keep morphing or do they do it once and if you missed it, too bad? It does sound like it adds another level of fun . I haven't played Madame Fate (yet), but if I do, I'll be on the lookout.

[Post New]by lovethemopals on Dec 11, 09 6:09 AM
sillyfeet wrote:Morphing objects are objects in the scene that change...an ice cream cone becomes a teddy bear then changes back to an ice cream cone for example.

In MCF Madame Fate finding the morphing objects opened up extra levels. In Dire Grove I don't know what they do. But I certainly feel like I'm being punished if I opt for the cheaper version of the game b/c the morphs aren't there.

My wife says that in the CE edition that the morphs, if you got them all, gave you a trophy at the end. That is not present in the regular version. Sounds like it was just one of the "extras", and not necessary to game play.

Paul

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Dec 11, 09 6:12 AM
The morphing objects are only to achieve one of the goals. There are 10 goals (I think), which unlocks a video when you achieve them all.
So there is no need to have the morphing objects.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 6:23 AM
I did write to CS to voice my concern and I am sure I will get the same answer that purplerabbit just gave, but my opinion stands...

Those of us who opt to buy the cheaper version are losing something in gameplay because no matter how you cut it, it's not the "exact" same game. The CE has morphing objects in the actual game play and the regular version does not. Regardless of what those morphing objects do. And it's not that I need that trophy at the end to go on with my life...it's just that Version A of the game should look and play exactly like Version B of the game. That's what they promised us!

When you are paying for "extras" those extras should be things that are outside the actual gameplay...wallpaper and screenshots and bonus levels that have nothing to do with the actual game. But don't take something out of the gameplay and call it an "extra" and ask people to pay for it, and then punish those of who don't/can't pay for it.

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Dec 11, 09 6:30 AM
I played both versions and in the game you pay 19 99 you have several achievements you have to accomplish, also searching morphing objects. In the game you pay 6 99 i have seen no morphing objects, don t know yet about the other achievements. Now we can understand why the collection item costs a lot more, it s far more complicated.
i could n t play the first dire grove on my computer and got a refund, but i am hesitating to buy this one, i seems not so interesting.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 6:37 AM
dimajo wrote:I played both versions and in the game you pay 19 99 you have several achievements you have to accomplish, also searching morphing objects. In the game you pay 6 99 i have seen no morphing objects, don t know yet about the other achievements. Now we can understand why the collection item costs a lot more, it s far more complicated. i could n t play the first dire grove on my computer and got a refund, but i am hesitating to buy this one, i seems not so interesting.

Actually, Madame Fate had morphing objects and that was $6.99 just like every other game on their site, so I highly doubt adding that one little feature is what drove the price up. Adding screenshots, extra video, wallpaper, strategy guide, extra levels...sure, all of that is extra cost. But not the part I'm talking about and that's why I just don't get why that part was left out of the regular version. And yes, I know some of you think I am silly to be getting so upset over stupid objects that morph. But the point is...why take it out? Why not give it to the "cheaper version folks" as well, even if it does nothing more than give us the satisfaction of getting them all.

Poppa47
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by Poppa47 on Dec 11, 09 7:40 AM
The morphs in Fate were integral to the game play by opening up new screens.
I am certain this is not the case with DG since if the morphs were needed and not in the $6.99 game, BFG would be boiled in oil by gamers because the game could not be finished. My take is the morph aspect is just one of the little extras that a lot of us concluded was not worth the extra cost. I could care less about getting wallpaper and some of the other " extras".

So rest easy about the morphing stuff, BFG just ain't that dumb. The morphs in DG are no more important than they are in the pond.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 7:46 AM
Maybe to you they're not important, but to me they are and I consider them part of the game. But that's okay...I'll take it up with CS and I'm sure I'll get a totally unsatisfactory answer.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Dec 11, 09 7:57 AM
sorry if i hijack this for a sec: I see that dire grove is TGT (tomorows game today) as i'm not currently a member, would I have to pay the $6.99 members joining fee AND the $6.99 for the game also if I want to play it today?

Thanks

ps. im also miffed to hear about the morphing items! madame fate had them and they would top up your hints as well as open secret levels!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 11, 09 8:03 AM
Thanks for bringing this up. I was one of the "lost progress" souls and got a refund on my CE as I did not want to play the whole game again to see if it would be ok the second time through

So, my plan was to purchase the $6.99 when the bugs are all ironed out.

Finding the morphing objects was one of the fun parts of the game so that is a shame they are not in this edition.

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Dec 11, 09 8:05 AM
There isn't a 'joining fee' monkey, You just pay your 6.99 for a game and it enrols you but you opt out if you don't want to be a member. That's it

But of course if you don't want to stay a member then you will have to wait until tomorrow to get Dire Grove, does that make sense, it did to me when I typed it lol.

Edited on 12/11/2009 at 8:07:01 AM PST

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Dec 11, 09 8:11 AM
Thanks mews. I only have a gift coupon to pay for Dire Grove so i'll have to wait for tomorow. Damn all this waiting!!! Im so excited!

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Dec 11, 09 8:14 AM
So funny this was mentioned...I've played over 1.5 hours and kept waiting to "see" morphing items and didn't.

So, came to the forums to ask this very question. I guess I didn't understand the morphing was only in the CE which led to exta levels or whatever.

I am disappointed to find they're not available in the regular game version. I enjoy looking for extra things to perk my game playing up.

I didnt' get the CE because frankly I didn't care about getting to see the BF office or babes, or wallpaper.

I'm enjoying the graphics and eerie backgrounds but am waiting for something to pop out at me and I'm thinking..."this is IT?" so far.

[Post New]by fundhorzurodenon on Dec 11, 09 8:17 AM
Tellme i just did the free trial for the game club and i still can't download DireGrove..this game is the only reason i joined

Go to: