clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

Why do people keep jumping out of Comps

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 18, 16 8:37 AM
They see me as a high level player and jump out. Listen, I'm terrible but I stay in to get the lamps and dragon food. If they would just stay in and not even play you still get credit. I don't understand .

Edited on 02/18/2016 at 8:38:53 AM PST

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

Re:Why do people keep jumping out of Comps

[Post New]by marliza on Feb 18, 16 9:35 AM
I am a low level player. When I see high levels, I jump out. I don't want to waste my pearls coming in 4th.
I just wish the computer/game would choose opponents a little more carefully. My game is only at level 20 something, but my challenge rating is now up to over 400 - mostly because I have played a lot of challenges because I only have pearls to use - no energy or even coin. Now my pearls are low, and I don't want to waste them. You get nothing if you come in 4th. - You sometimes get nothing if you come in 3rd!
As soon as I see a "Russian", I opt out also.
Sorry if this bothers you. I am just trying to protect my pearls (and me).

[Post New]by Elec_Eliz on Feb 18, 16 10:49 AM
The jumping out frustrates me a little also. I usually only play the ones that have the rewards for participation. So you get some great stuff that is needed as a low level player (like night lamps, bells, etc.) just for participating. They helped me out a lot!

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 18, 16 12:52 PM
Elec_Eliz wrote:The jumping out frustrates me a little also. I usually only play the ones that have the rewards for participation. So you get some great stuff that is needed as a low level player (like night lamps, bells, etc.) just for participating. They helped me out a lot!

Exactly!! That was my point. I'm not playing to be competitive. I'm playing for the rewards.

jannae
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jannae on Feb 18, 16 2:58 PM
I play all the time. Sometimes I am good and other times lousy. It is great practice and if you are a lower level player you get experience playing new rooms.
It is great practice to also play duels you can get pearls etc.

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Feb 19, 16 4:11 AM
marliza wrote:I am a low level player. When I see high levels, I jump out. I don't want to waste my pearls coming in 4th.[...]

It doesn't matter what position you come in for the daily reward if it's for participation.
The only way I picked up speed was by facing competitors faster than me. I took anyone on and eventually I was able to compete with the best of them. Also, high level does not automatically mean they will win. Everyone has rooms or modes that they find harder.

uptownnola
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by uptownnola on Feb 19, 16 9:11 AM
I play when it's participation days- it's worth it to get the practice- and I've done a few regular comps- but on those I sometimes get rooms I have never been in, so that's a bit intimidating. I thought I would only get rooms or places I have already opened, but at least twice I've ended up in a totally foreign scene. But after about 3 weeks of playing every other day, I am finding that I am getting 2 place a lot in familiar rooms, and sometimes 1st- even if there are higher level players-
also, if you go to the wikia you can see all the rooms and if you have time to really look , and learn, you will be able to remember where items are usually found- after all it is Rooms of Memory

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Feb 20, 16 7:33 AM
I read all your comments yesterday. It is intimidating to play against those higher levels and I was jumping out. However I stayed in yesterday and this morning and have beaten some of those Russians. I thought maybe some of them aren't good at comps either.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 20, 16 8:19 AM
Energyworker wrote:I read all your comments yesterday. It is intimidating to play against those higher levels and I was jumping out. However I stayed in yesterday and this morning and have beaten some of those Russians. I thought maybe some of them aren't good at comps either.

Good for you energy.

Go to: