mappam
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Extra $13 for CE = worth it?

[Post New]by mappam on Dec 11, 09 8:34 AM
I have been waiting for this game to come out in "regular" form so I could use a credit. But after reading some of the posts here I am wondering if YOU think it is better to "bite the bullet" and spend the extra money for the Collectors Edition?

That is almost 2 more credits (games) for the same amount of money and things are really tight here atm.

Thanks for thoughts on this!

Kira5
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Extra $13 for CE = worth it?

[Post New]by Kira5 on Dec 11, 09 8:40 AM
I have been waiting too and would like to know too.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 11, 09 9:06 AM
I have bought the version from today, because I can bought two another games with the saved money.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 11, 09 9:14 AM
To answer your question, I'll give you my two cents.

Forget about bonus videos and bonus arts. I watched them once, it's nice, but nothing to write home about.

If you want a Dire Grove Wallpaper it's the only way to get one, I stick with Elisha Cuthbert.

The ingame extras are:

* some bonus hidden object scenes
* three riddles (one for the second fish, one in the secret room, one for the phone call)
* that secret room with insider references to Ravenhearst (which I did not get)
* the achievement system
* 50 morphing objects that are solely tied to getting one of those achievements

If you feel those extras are worth 13 bucks, go for it, if you don't think so, leave it. Hope that helped.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Dec 11, 09 9:42 AM
Personally, i waited and while I'm glad I didn't shell out the $20 for the CE, I'm finding the regular one (looks around to get hit)...boring.

I didn't want the wallpaper, video's, strategy guide...I wanted the morphing and it's not wtih the reg version.

Guess it's why I'm referring to these 2 as the CE and EC. Collector's Edition and El Cheapo versions.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 11, 09 9:47 AM
I agree...taking out the morphing was a low blow.

I encourage everyone who feels the same to contact CS about it. Who knows...maybe they'll add it back in. Everyone else can keep all of their "extras"; I just want the full game like it was promised to us.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Dec 11, 09 9:47 AM
This was my Christmas gift to myself. I think it was well worth it. Can't say that I'd do this for every game, just MCF.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 11, 09 6:25 PM
For me, the CE was worth it. I am enjoying playing the game more than once in order to try to get 100% achievements. Having said that, either version will bring you a very entertaining game that lasts a good many hours.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Dec 11, 09 6:40 PM
I lke the CE of Dire Grove because of the built-in strategy guide. It gives you hints where the walk-thru tells you exactly what to do. JMHO

Charm

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Dec 11, 09 8:06 PM
I don't think the extras justify the price. I waited and got the 6.99 version today. I am thoroughly enjoying it and for the 13 bucks I saved I can get two more games.
Be sure to check coupon codes online because yesterday I got Azada for free. Bottom line is don't pay extra for frills.

Go to: