Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 11, 09 10:07 AM
Chapter 1 starts at the abandoned car and ends at the Manager's Office.

Use this space to discuss Chapter 1 and trade tips and tricks!

vicpe
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by vicpe on Dec 11, 09 10:35 AM
I got stuck between the house ,garage ,and the shack .Opened garage door,took disc(don't know how to use it)......HELP,PLEASE!!!

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Dec 11, 09 11:47 AM
I LOVE the way you have broken this up into separate chapters. I wish the walkthroughs could be broken up like this so we don't have to wait so long for the whole walkthrough to download each time when you want to check out only one thing.

[Post New]by o0lilkim0110o on Dec 11, 09 12:50 PM
What do you use to get over the bridge? please help anyone

wyndrunes
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by wyndrunes on Dec 11, 09 1:39 PM
Use the rope to swing over the hole in the bridge.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Dec 11, 09 3:07 PM
Since the "manager's office" is the last part of chapter 1 and the first part of chapter 2, I'm not sure on which thread my question belongs. But here it is.......

I've gotten into the office but now seem to be stuck. I've looked all over for clues to the safe combination, with no luck. In inventory, I have the saw, hammer, car keys and lighter. I've climbed the tree and opened both the garage and the boatshed. For now, I'm just going round and round from boatshed to house to car to covered bridge, and my feet are about worn out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? (Great game, BTW!!)

[Post New]by coruca on Dec 11, 09 6:10 PM
I am in the upstairs bedroom with the champain and have cleared the bed of all the seek and find items but the mattress. I have used several hints and they all point to the left edge, but I don't see a mattress and if I click, nothing happens. I tried raising my screen resolution and also tried in window as well as full screen mode. Any help? I am stuck!

rhudson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rhudson on Dec 11, 09 6:23 PM
The mattress is in the closet on the left (where you found your leather jacket). It is an aqua blu color.

[Post New]by Jbarnes1203 on Dec 11, 09 6:36 PM
I need help...I don't what to do now. I have a matress, crowbar, nails, hammer, and carjack. I am trying to find something to stop the water in the upstairs bathroom and keys for several different locks. I have no idea where to go from here...help!

[Post New]by coruca on Dec 11, 09 6:43 PM
Thanks on mattress help; found it!

[Post New]by SlyMongoose on Dec 11, 09 8:32 PM
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 1 starts at the abandoned car and ends at the Manager's Office.

Use this space to discuss Chapter 1 and trade tips and tricks!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but after seeing the Beautiful Banshee flitting around in the "outtakes," I'm wishing that those scenes would have been included in the game! Or... should they be showing up and I somehow aren't getting them? I do have the CE version.

For those of you that are wondering what I am talking about, the outtakes show the Banshee flitting and dancing about in some scenes like the ghosts that show up in scenes in Return to Ravenhearst (,like Emma, the maid Rose(?) and her twin girls) do).

That would have made the game even more beautiful!

[Post New]by oosie1997 on Dec 11, 09 10:36 PM
I am stuck! I have the jack the hammer, nails and snow shovel and can't find what to do next. I haven't gotten the generator working the garage opened ot gotten the rope for the bridge. I tried the hammer on the floor in the bathroom but that doesn't work. The heavy metal lid by the garage I have no idea how to lift that either HELP!

Thanks

[Post New]by JJWISE7582 on Dec 12, 09 2:09 AM
Use the jackhammer to smash the bathroom floor. Use the crowbar to lift the heavy metal lid, that is the the shut off valve for the bathroom.

opal5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by opal5 on Dec 12, 09 3:43 AM
hi there i need some help with the code at the start i cant work it out

lizdanny
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,252 Posts

[Post New]by lizdanny on Dec 12, 09 3:54 AM
Hi

Look at the Car Number Plate.

[Post New]by box160 on Dec 12, 09 4:22 AM
can't find rope to cross bridge. have hammer sledgehammer, valve wheel, nails, car jack. help please??

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Dec 12, 09 4:33 AM
Yeek! Stuck already!
Where did you all get the jackhammer, rope and the crowbar?
I've gone through all the rooms and tried using the stuff I have (hammer, nails, car jack, mattress) and can't get any further.

Heeeelllllllp!

Edited on 12/12/2009 at 4:34:07 AM PST

aenvit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aenvit on Dec 12, 09 5:33 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get the water valve down in the garage??

MissisT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by MissisT on Dec 12, 09 7:05 AM
To get the water valve down you click on the hook and it swing over to knock it down.

Jo1956
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jo1956 on Dec 12, 09 7:13 AM
I have been clicking on the hook and it swings, but doesn't knock down the valve...I am stuck until I get the valve

Go to: