bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 11, 09 10:08 AM
Chapter 2 starts at the Manager's office and ends at the floral bedroom.

Use this space to discuss Chapter 2 and trade tips and tricks!

Re:Chapter 2 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by tonislioness on Dec 13, 09 12:36 PM
Ok i just started this game and already am stuck in so many different dirrections. Whare's the walk thru that I usually use to help me when I'm stuck like this?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 12:55 PM
tonislioness wrote:Ok i just started this game and already am stuck in so many different dirrections. Whare's the walk thru that I usually use to help me when I'm stuck like this?

Here is a copy and paste link to the walkthrough. Be aware that it contains bonus material that only applies to the CE. You will not be using the rabbits head or the potato chips and will not find morphing objects.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-walkthrough/

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 12:55:59 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 13, 09 1:01 PM
tonislioness wrote:Ok i just started this game and already am stuck in so many different dirrections. Whare's the walk thru that I usually use to help me when I'm stuck like this?

The link to the free blog walkthrough is on the main page where you can purchase the MCF Dire Grove regular version game.

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 7:18:27 PM PST

[Post New]by maharilia on Dec 14, 09 11:24 PM
I cant close the water in the bathroom. i'm stuck with no more options..............

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 15, 09 5:36 AM
maharilia wrote:I cant close the water in the bathroom. i'm stuck with no more options..............

Don't concentrate on something you can't do. Look all around for something you can do. Make sure you haven't missed an arrow taking you somewhere new. Revisit places you've already been as sometimes a new HOG will open there. At this point you should try revisiting the garage if you haven't already done so.

[Post New]by KCell109 on Dec 15, 09 6:45 AM
Morning Everyone, Ok I've been into the managers office found the safe but still can't find the spark plug, to turn on the lights. Also how do you get the oars off the wall. Ad the key for the small metal box in the garage where the heck is that.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Dec 15, 09 7:12 AM
Hi kc, the spark plug is found later in the game. But you should have collected a diagram of the generator in the room with oars. That will come in handy later. For the oars, you need wire cutters. The key for the tool box, I can't quite remember,
You'll find a lot of things later than when you want them.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Dec 16, 09 3:24 PM
KCell109 wrote:Morning Everyone, Ok I've been into the managers office found the safe but still can't find the spark plug, to turn on the lights. Also how do you get the oars off the wall. Ad the key for the small metal box in the garage where the heck is that.

Hi, I am having trouble finding the main room. I turn left and it takes me right back to the lobby.I went back to he managers office and tried it again.But if you turn left from the managersoffice you end up out side.Can you please help get me in the right direction.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Dec 16, 09 6:07 PM
When you're in the lobby point your cursor to the stairway to left of check in desk. You'll find the sparkplug later. At the farmhouse, further in game. Don't worry about the electricity for the moment.

[Post New]by myst_read on Dec 20, 09 12:20 PM
Help I'm outside the garage at the manhole. Where is the valve? Did I miss an item or will pick this up, Iater. Great game!!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 20, 09 4:54 PM
myst_read wrote:Help I'm outside the garage at the manhole. Where is the valve? Did I miss an item or will pick this up, Iater. Great game!!!

INside the garage the valve is hanging from the ceiling. You need to swing the hook on the left by clicking it several times until it knocks the valve down. Glad you're enjoying the game.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:00 AM
KCell109 wrote:Morning Everyone, Ok I've been into the managers office found the safe but still can't find the spark plug, to turn on the lights. Also how do you get the oars off the wall. Ad the key for the small metal box in the garage where the heck is that.

The to the toolbox is found inside the safe in the manager's office. To get the combination you need the following hammer (located in main room, left from the front desk), nails (located at front desk upon second visit), saw (located in romance room first door on left upstairs upon second visit), board (located in boathouse). When you have all these go to the tree outside, place board, then nails and secure with hammer. Climb tree and saw off the tree limb with the the scrap of paper. Take paper to second room on the left, library, you will see another scrap of paper on the mirror combine them to reveal the combination to the safe.

[Post New]by consciousnut on Dec 23, 09 2:27 PM
How the heck do you cut down the branch in the treehouse. I've tried and tried and I guess I'm not in exactly the rightspot. I keep sawing and nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

ms1964
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ms1964 on Dec 28, 09 5:28 PM
im stuck near the magazines anyone knows whats the magazine for

Simpy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Simpy on Dec 31, 09 6:11 AM
gks1951 wrote:

Hi, I am having trouble finding the main room. I turn left and it takes me right back to the lobby.I went back to he managers office and tried it again.But if you turn left from the managersoffice you end up out side.Can you please help get me in the right direction.

You can't get to this part of the room for the second time until you have used the wood, nails and hammer to get up the tree in the garden. Once you have got the piece of paper from the tree, get the other half of the code from the room upstairs, open the safe (behind the picture in the manager's office). Then you should be able to find a sparkly section by the backpack in the left side of room at the back of the house. Hey presto!

[Post New]by deedles2671 on Jan 2, 10 4:35 PM
OMG! Thank you Simpy! I have been looking all over the game for scrap pieces of paper for the "combination" and had it in my inventory this whole time! I thought the paper from the tree was to be used with the lighter to start the fire. grrrr Now i can procede.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 2, 10 5:27 PM
I avoided buying this game til yesterday because my biggest downfall is getting lost in loops trying to get somewhere and forgetting how. Even with arrows on WalkT going in circles and missing things in sequence, too much frustration. But - had a discount coupon so grabbed it.

Today I bought the strategy guide and boy am I having more fun. I used the walkthrough yesterday mostly for directions and still got mixed up, got to the end and couldn't finish missing one object, had spent 9 or 10 hours and gave up. Well, that time did include eating dinner and dozing off I did LOVE the hogs though but still not intuitive enough to know where to use inventory.

I bought a SG for RTR back then, didn't seem to be as much help as the WT I found on gamezebo so was sorry. Anyway, this time I am following the where to go next and how to get around on the SG which even tells you what item to pick up when you get there if you need spoilers, or just to follow the end saying how to get to the next scene. I skipped a lot of the puzzles first time, some were easy enough for me to figure out but time consuming and I was anxious to get to the end.

So, just wanted to say if you can spend a bit more get the SG, may be able to print it, but I'm playing on my laptop with the SG on my pc screen. It showed me how to get back to that missing item (sunflower seeds you need at the end) so I was able to easily finish and start new with new player name.

btw, when you get to that vending machine to buy the seeds, you must have all 3 coins. I did, But the machine took just one and not the other two. I think what I did wrong was put in one coin and pulled the handle instead of all three then pull. Not sure if that was my bad but the machine would not work after that. Today when I resumed and found my way back I did all 3, then pulled and it worked!

If you can't buy the SG at least use the walkthrough on BF for guidance getting around, it's free. If you are like me and just love gorgeous graphics and hogs that the items are FINDABLE without hints, this is a very fun game and you can skip the puzzles if that's a frustration. I'm loving it the second time with help

Oh, and this game isn't scary to me at all. First reviewers had me avoiding it also because of all the hype of stuff happenind. I expected a wolf to jump out and go for the throat LOL. First Ravenhearst was the horror for me and never wanted to play it again, too gory. This I can play nights alone.

Edited on 01/02/2010 at 5:28:54 PM PST

[Post New]by kskendall on Jan 3, 10 10:12 AM
for the regular version only! im past the managers office and even past chapter 2 but i need 2 know where 2 find the combanation 2 the suite case? i do know that the cell phone is in the suite case . DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE 2 FIND THE COMBANATION FOR THE SUIT CASE ! much love, kskendall

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 3, 10 10:56 AM
kskendall wrote:for the regular version only! im past the managers office and even past chapter 2 but i need 2 know where 2 find the combanation 2 the suite case? i do know that the cell phone is in the suite case . DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE 2 FIND THE COMBANATION FOR THE SUIT CASE ! much love, kskendall

The cellphone is not in the suitcase. You need the cellphone to get the combination for the suitcase. You will find the cellphone much later in the game. You've got lots left to do before then.

Go to: